So now that the popcorn has settled, what was the verdict of this?

So now that the popcorn has settled, what was the verdict of this?

the very definition of "meh"

a completely soulless movie entirely relying on nostalgia

It was shit

I had more fun watching the original on twitch than sitting through the entire movie at the theater

Good movie. Bad Power Rangers movie.

It's a good movie because it focuses on characters that it actually develops and makes interesting and gets the audience to care about to some degree. You could remove the Power Rangers elements and it'd be a great coming-of-age movie about teens growing up. It's a bad Power Rangers movie because it barely has any fighting or action in it and its not cheesy or campy. It doesn't really do any of the things that made Power Rangers fun.

Overall, though, I'm okay with what they made. It's a lot better than if they made some kind of "self-aware" movie where they're constantly winking at the camera and letting people know they "in" on how bad the movie is and it's all on purpose, thus ruining the camp.

It had some big tiddied teenagers and tons of diversity. And we all love diversity. Then again the original PR were like that too, so it doesn't really matter.

Original PR were a sellout show to market toys to little children. This movie is a PR show to sell us one last movie before we become a demographic of dying people and no one has to cater to us anymore.

The creators of this movie are hoping we pass on this hype for the PR to our children, so companies can start selling toys to our kids too.

Other than that the movie is not that interesting. Characters are forced to evolve because of the whole "one of heart" trope the original show had. They share a few weaknesses, some more than others and bomd? I guess? They don't really, but the movie has to go on so they do, because someone was bullied.

The CGI looks cheap at times and the suit design was terrible. Too many small details that made no sense. Reminded me a lot of MacGuyver movie with slime like things connecting body parts and so on, just not as gory. Suit looked identical to that movie too.

Music was terrible. It was always louder than the actors voices and in the foreground. They even have a few retarded transformers moments that we could've done without.

None of the actors stood out too much. One big tittied mexican who is grumpy. The other chick is just bland. A black nerd. An asian guy who thinks he's cool? Then the jock, American basic boy. Rich, white and spoiled.

There's even a moment where you think the Mexican chick and the Asian chick were gonna be an item and some sexual tension, but it goes nowhere because hey, gotta sell some toys with this movie.

Also hearing Walter Whites voice come out of Zordon was fucking weird.

I give it a 3/10, it tried.

It was shilled heavily on Twitch too which was retarded since Twich is full of nothing but mouth breathing retards who spam endlessly in a void of autism.

Weirdly enough the movie had like no muslims at all.

It did have a lot of explosions of public places though. So you have that.

Theres a reason that the first sentai series he brought over was pronnounced Jew ranger

It was a masterpiece

How did japan react? As bad as this was for the american show, It BUTCHER the super sentai genre.

>but it goes nowhere because hey, gotta sell some toys with this movie.

They kept a bestiality joke.

It should have been cheesy

They shouldn't have gotten rid of all the flamboyant Power Rangers shit, because that's what makes Power Rangers what it is

Good enough, want some sequels.

I think this was necessary in order to make a foundation for future films, they won't have to tell their story again, or at least not their full story and that leaves room for a lot more action.

Most of the stuff before they could morph was good.

Pretty much everything once they got powers was shit.

Its really uneven overall.

You can literally see all the morphed action in the trailers.

it wasn't bad except for the fact it took an hour and a half to see their suits and they were only power rangers for 15 minutes

Excellent movie. I'm glad they are in talks of a sequel because now that the setup is done we can get more ranger action.

it was meh

The more I look at them the more I actually like the Zords. The Megazord is still meh but the individual ones look pretty good.

>Good movie. Bad Power Rangers movie.

Thats about where I'd place it as well.

I enjoyed it well enough halfway through, a quintet of misfit teenagers find alien tech and get superpowers. Chronicle meets the Breakfast Club.

When the goofy-facemask suits show up, the robot dinosaurs, the generic rock monsters... it completely loses it way. The film was obviously ashamed of the power ranger trappings, it was wanting to be something more then visibly cringed when it was finally forced to bring out those contractual elements.

it was aight. Better than I thought it would be.

the ranger action was the worst part of the film. I'm at a loss of how someone could watch that movie and want *more* of that tripe.

I just notice that the Triceratops is running backwards, is it because he is autistic?

It was because of the faggotry it lost audiences. They virtual signaled and parents stayed away. Keep my Power Rangers fag free thanks.

>Keep my Power Rangers fag free thanks.

I totally even forgot she was a lesbian. It was so shoehorned in.

>"Look how progressive we are, LGTB community! Look! It's an angry dyke stereotype! She fell on the guy and nearly puked! Guys are so gross, right dykes?! They deserve to be belittled too, right? Those CIS whites!"

He was a fag in real life, not on film. So yeah, keep my Power Rangers Fag Free. Sell that shit eating nonsense to your own kind and I'll keep my kid safe from the shit eaters until they have no choice but to interact with the freaks in real life.

Oh honey

awful

Literally what the hell are you talking about?

Despite all the budget it could not even scratch the paint on true Rangerkino, RPM ep1-11.

You have all this budget and you make some pasta la pizza shit, baka, cash me outside

You.