Why powerful female protagonists makes male audiences so uncomfortable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wNnBWCM4W7Y
files.catbox.moe/pltorp.mp4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love dominas as much as the next guy, but Rey is like a retarded kid with a bey blade stuck in her teeth

No its just the media makes it look like a female was never strong in any movie

Look at aliens a strong WOMAN

nobody cared about it back then

Wonder woman hey look a strong woman, your telling me we never had a strong woman in a movie before.?

It's not that we're uncomfortable, it's just it's annoying where they have to sign post it to everyone as if the male audience's opinion was in the creative process.

>blocks your path

why are loaded questions for faggots?

Why do redditors pretend """Scarjo""", Gal Gadot and Daisy Ridley can act?

>Why powerful female protagonists makes male audiences so uncomfortable?
They don't. Characters written like a men but played by women is pretty uncomfortable though.

Why powerful male protagonists make female audiences so uncomfortable?

Pussy white bois are unable to identify with anyone who doesn't belong to their specific group, whether it means a woman or a minority.

A breakdown of the verisimilitude of the feature.

Its difficult to hide your boner when the light turn back on.

Because we now know that the DNA evidence proves survival for women is all but guaranteed in every age ever, making her need to appear to have acquired the best of the masculine traits as well as the best of feminine traits a total farce.

THE FACT YOU DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO US MEANS WE NEED TO KEEP SAYING IT

I know this is bait but I'll bite.

Male audiences never felt uncomfortable with Lara Croft or Sarah Conner or Uma Thurman's The Bride, or The Silence of the Lamb's Clarice Starling, or Xena, Warrior Princess, Mulan, Seven from Stranger Things, Ripley from Aliens, Dana Scully from X-Files, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Hermoine from Harry Potter, or Princess Leia from Star Wars.

This trope needs to end.

Male here

I hate all those characters.

It's unrealistic. Man are better in almost every way, especially physically. So seeing some buff dude getting beat up by some anorexic girl makes me want to turn off the movie.

I meant Straight, Heterosexual Males.

Yep, that's me.

If you like those characters you're a faggot redditor.

Daisy makes me feel uncomfortable in jeans

I meant biological males, user. Not people who are confused about which gender they've selected.

Same reason women feel uncomfortable around feminine and emasculated men, which is why niceguy shaming is so rampant these days. Turns the majority of women and men still un/consciously subscribe to gender roles, inspite of muh feminist narrative.

is that from star wars?

her chocolate cysts make me uncomfortable

women don't feel "uncomfortable" around feminine and emasculated men.

I know it's weird to comprehend, but not everyone is like you, user.

Because it's transparently unrealistic. I'm not that big of a guy, but there isn't a woman on earth who could take a full force punch from me and not collapse into a weeping pile of estrogen, a child knows this, but producers continually push the idea that women not only are good at combat, but could actually defeat multiple trained men in combat. It's rediculous and stupid and sad and it feels like we are being lied too because we are.

That's because you're probably a woman. A man crying or showing vulnerability /weakness makes most women feel extremely uncomfortable. Many women I know do admit this. Which is why men don't like to show weakness to their partners, and will often discuss their problems and insecurities with their best mates.

That's because you're probably a woman. A man crying or showing vulnerability /weakness makes most women feel extremely uncomfortable. Which is why men don't like to show weakness to their partners, and will often discuss their problems and insecurities with their best mates

>If you like those characters you're a faggot redditor.
trying a lil too hard there aint we boyo

how do you hate lara croft? She fucking killed trexs in her first game and she has big tits

Eh, wonder woman is a really funny deal, she is literally based on the fantasies of a BDSM fetishist.

this, basically no woman can beat up a normal man, unless it's a chick with a dick. It's too unrealistic in any setting that could ever be imagined.

unrelatable protagonists who display no shortcomings, setbacks, or failures in the movie are hard to like

>but Rey started off as a scrap collector on a desert planet!! Sure she was the best scrap collector from the start, and could beat up aliens twice her size, but still!

A talented actress can make me forget all about how inferior a woman is compared to a mans strength. Jolie and Milla are a good example. The chick from Star Wars does not instill that sort of confidence. Mostly because of her subpar acting.

This

we're talking about films, nerd

Because biology and human history dictates that women are physically and intellectually inferior to men

>le rich posh girl with huge tits beats up guys and is perfect at everything

Both annoying and unrealistic. Posh girls are usually talentless hipsters who are good for nothing but sucking cock.

They don't, autist

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

This is also a major reason why I detest these movies, and why I call them feminist fantasies. They're so inhuman in their moral perfection. And they have hardly any flaws , it's almost sickening. They're 2 dimensional characters, almost like as if the character was written by 6 year-olds. Whilst atleast capeshit male male protagonists have some complexity and human flaws. Most of these movies are about these supermen battling their personal demons. I'll never get why WW received such a high score on account of this. The writers didn't do WW any justice by making her character seem so two dimensional.

8/10 bretty realistic

pretty good list desu, I like a lot of those characters

lara croft is lame, vidya or tv.
how anyone can not like dana scully is a mystery though

wtf i love nepotism and jews now

>films less nerdy than video games

at least with vidya, you have to put in some effort and have some skill. All you have to do is sit on your obese bottom. Hell the movie wouldn't exist without the game in this case.

I'mma pull a jay and silent bob on your ass, but instead of beating you up, i'm gonna fug all the women in your life and cum inside them, then you will be forced to deal with all of my love children, making you the ultimate cuck of the decade. BAM I WIN, YOU LOSE, NO TAKE BACKS AHAHAHHAHAHAHA.!

Because when they are poorly written they are immune to criticism.
I like Luc Beson's "powerful female protagonists" but Rey sucks.

wtffffffffffffffffffffff?

Women are perfect shitlord

its not that they are "strong women", its that they are poorly written. No one likes Mary Sue """characters""".

Sigourney Weaver from Alien movies is a strong, well written character. The Bride from Kill Bill is another. Both are movie series that have a mainly male following. Its simply deflection from valid criticism about bad characters when someone says "nerds are babies who cant handle strong women".

It's usually extremely heavy handed and shoved down the audience's throat that she is a bad ass and nowadays is always accompanied by some political agenda and backlash.

I always go back to Sarah Connor and how much of a bad ass she was without it coming off like the director was wanting you to know how much of a bad ass she is. Women dont get subtlty

I kind of like nu-Lara though. Looks like she abandoned her fathers empire and pretty much lives out of an apartment and travels searching for clues

And it's so patronising towards women. They're almost implying that female audiences can't handle a female lead that has as much complexity and moral ambiguity as male characters, and must be fed this children tier shit to make them feel special and "empowered".

Agreed. I feel like at some point strong female characters went from "a strong character that is female" to "an undefeatable representation of women". I can't become invested in a Mary Sue, especially a poorly written one.

Writers must've become convinced that strong women must always prove their strength and always win, when the opposite is true. The best characters suffer losses and setbacks but overcome them. It's overcoming major adversity both internal and external that makes a strong character. Not beating the shit out of no name Hench men that is the metaphorical equivalent of thumping your chest.

Shows with good female characters treat them like shit sometimes because that's what makes them rise to the occasion. Ex: Black Sails, Spartacus, Vikings, etc.

Why Sup Forums reply to data mining shillbots who post loaded questions so much?

I still don't get when got such high scores for this reason. It's a pretty obvious flaw in the script and character development.

becasue it implies there were no males strong enough to fill the character's role in the story leaving a woman to accomplish was would normally be undertaken by a man. its emasculating and creates a concern for the viability of males.

You're a faggot
You're a faggot

Hermione and Ripley are cool

I want Daisy to take a big, fat shit in my mouth as she bites my balls, but this will never happen.
Why even live?

Someone post that daisy eyes wide pic with the 4 frames

Yea, remember when Alien came out and all men hated it?

It just feels weird when there's no weakness to a character, especially the main character of a story.

Like, what can you say is weak about Rey? That she's poor?

OIM OCTING

Why does she look like an early human?

That's because most of those characters are actually likable.

*** Germany is starting to censor the internet for German users ***

youtube.com/watch?v=wNnBWCM4W7Y
files.catbox.moe/pltorp.mp4

This video cannot be watched in Germany

she is one

Also her "representative" movie team consisted of:

>drunken wreck scotsman
>swarthy con-man from Algeria, speaks many languages so he can cheat anyone he meets
>"Native American" who uses smoke signals and throws tomahawks with grenades tied to them

I mean shit they were only a few minutes away from showing Chief Red River there taming a wild animal.

No Problem whatsoever
Then again
I'm 35, married and own my home

The issue comes from loser man-childs who are too insecure to even ask a women out for a date.
like the losers in the pic

Because most of the time they are just male protagonists with a vagina

They simply don't want to face the truth men and women are different, they naturally have different priorities in life, so instead of making a woman who is secure in herself and her goals every woman in showa/movies must be:
>I don't need men in my life because muh career Women in charge xdd
And having this unrealistic bullshit being shoved down our throats in a daily basis gets annoying

It's even stranger because women in real life tend to be less heroic than men. We've known plenty of men who behave like villains and heroes throughout modern history. We could see aspects of Spiderman in the man who saved a old lady from a mugging or the soldier who fought to death to protect his nation from those who wish to do them harm.
Heroic/evil men pretty much has a basis in reality, which makes capeshit with a male hero/villain a bit more believable.

Heroines are rare. Most women seem to care more about themselves than the welfare of society. Or if they do, it's mostly virtue signaling. You don't see a female version of Pol making real change or atleast trying. Most men don't see aspects of wonder women in modern women. You can't believe in the narrative or pro feminist message in Wonder Woman when your experience tells you attributes of WW are rarely found in women. It's like trying to identify with a fairy tale.

>Hermoine from Harry Potter
Overrated as fuck.

I thought Mary Sues made everybody uncomfortable.

That's because women are narcissistic beings which is okay, that's what makes a woman, a woman. That's why women sports doesn't make any money and films promoting women are almost always a hit or a miss. Women could give a shit about other women. There is no sisterhood of the traveling pants. And feminism is a Jewish Ruse created to undermine western family values. Women don't get along, because they're constantly in turmoil with each other which is why dykes account for around a third of all abuse against women, and dykes are at most, 2% of the population. So for 2% to account for nearly a third of all abuses against women, that should tell you something.

>be on vacation in bongland
>see Arya Stark gliding down the sidewalk
>like a graceful penguin with gout
>follow her for a block
>working up courage
>gently touch her shoulder
“H-hello, I’m user. Y-you’re the prettiest girl I’ve seen all day! W-would you join me for dinner?”
>she spins around nearly smashing me in the balls with an Abercrombie bag
>stares intently for a few moments
>then breaks into a grin that looks like she could eat an apple through a chain link fence
“YEH ORLRITE! FAK IT, WHY NOT? I CUD DO WIV SOME FREE GRUB ANNA LITTLE OF THE OL IN OUT!”
>quickly grab her hand and go into the first restaurant I see that has tablecloths
“FAKKIN ELL! POSH ERE INNIT? GLAD I PUT SUM KNICKERS ON!
>she lets out a little giggle that sounds like a horse with it’s leg caught in a wood chipper
>head waiter gives me the stinkeye but leads us to a table
>Arya cocks her head and squints at the menu
“ERE NOW, WATS THIS SHITE? IT’S ORL IN FAKKIN FRENCH! OI CARNT READ THIS, I’LL END UP GETTIN A PLATE OF FAKKIN SNAILS WUNNOI?!?”
>look at the menu. It’s in English, just a fancy script
>she shoves her menu at the waiter
“I WONT PIE AND MASH DUNNOI. PLENTY OF LIKKER ON THA MASH, GUV!”
“I’m sorry, madam, we don-“
“I SED FAKKIN PIE AND MASH M8! AND A PINTA LARGER FOR ME EDACHE!”
>he slinks away without even taking my order
>Arya pulls a pack of Mayfairs from her cleavage and sparks up, ashing in the bread basket
>starts rubbing at her crotch
>brings her fingers up and licks them then cackles
“JOLLY FAKKIN ELL, IT’S ME TIME! OI LUV GITTIN SHAGGED ONNA RAG! GUNNA AVE US A RED WEDDIN INNA LOO, AIN’T WE?”
>look over my shoulder and franticly signal the waiter for the check
>turn around
>Arya is slumped over the table
>raped to death by Pakis

racist sexist cunt

You're not allowed to smoke in restaurants in bongland, ruined my immersion

Let me mansplain to you. It's because modern day ones are so forced it makes you cringe.

>Seven from Stranger Things
you mean Seven Eleven

Wanna ask how I know you're a woman?

Every fucking time.

>there are real "people" in america protesting with pepe shields

>pay for storytelling
>get forced propoganda

gee i wonder...