Let's talk about Braveheart

Let's talk about Braveheart.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rxZcHUhQNXo
youtube.com/watch?v=29-LRuuqFT0
youtube.com/watch?v=8kG9j5Io6yw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Fascist Australian-American Catholic makes hideously innacurate William Wallace biopic to make the English people look awful, because he's somehow personally offended that England went Protestant 500 years ago

It triggers the Brits, which makes it great. They can have a dose of their favourite atrocity propaganda, too.

It had a god-tier score.

youtube.com/watch?v=rxZcHUhQNXo

Why did he have such a boner for freedom? It's better being controlled.

Officially /ourguy/

The real Wallace didn't, he was a lickspittle stooge for the Scottish nobility.

I voted No.

t. eternal anglo
fuck off back to the mosque, Nigel

What, is there a film that triggers America and makes us look bad?

t. a literal Templar

I used to like this film back when I was a teen in the 90s. Then I grew up.

>Historians from England will say I am a liar, but history is written by those who have hanged heroes.

great until the scene in which the scots reject independence from the uk.

Go back to /britpol/

it makes scottish people something they are not. just look at that scottish independence referendum few years ago.

they aren't brave and proud people. they are cucks who want to be cucked by big english dicks.

Based Mel triggering britcucks.

>Then I grew up.
Heh, apparently not.

Ironically, the movie that told the actual truth about Scotland came out literally the next year.

I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, but here it is for anyone who doesn't.
youtube.com/watch?v=29-LRuuqFT0

Why did he push the guy out of the window? I didn't understand that.

youtube.com/watch?v=8kG9j5Io6yw

Best scene coming through.

Because Scottish rrebels had rrrrouted one of his garrisons and murdered the noble lord

Greatest actor ever.

Would you rather bang Braveheart Mel Gibson or Fabio, Sup Forums?

>Stephen is my name. I the most wanted man on my island, except I'm not on my island, of course. More's the pity.

>"Your island"? You mean Ireland?

>Yeah. It's mine.

Completely inaccurate depiction of 13th Century politics and political theory but comfy nonetheless.

It's basically the American Revolution but instead of taxes, there's prima nocta and instead of Benedict Arnold, you have Robert the Bruce who is also like Thomas Jefferson; the Scots are stand-ins for the colonials and the English pagans are stand-ins for the british army, while Edward is King George and his dipshit gay son is Parlaiment; his wife obviously represents France, and when she fucks Wallace it represents French aid to the American Revolution, while the implied child will be the French Revolution that follows.

And here we see Ireland, stubbornly insisting that all of Ireland belongs to the Irish.

Strangely, not much different from the average Irishman.

You're an expert on 13th century politics and political theory? What should it have been instead?

>"Say what you will about Mel Gibson, but he knows how to make a good movie."

Is there a more reddit opinion than this? True patricians hold both the man himself and his works in high esteem.

Death Of The Author mate

>driving drunk and insulting police
sure is a conservative paragon, yessiree

Mel is a good boy he never did nothin wrong to nobody

This Mel

Who the fuck are you quoting?

Say what you will about Mel Gibson, but this beard is fucking epic.

I think the South Park guys said something along those lines.

yeah it's a paraphrase from "Imaginationland"

Apparently as a kid i was a somnambulist so one day I walked into my parents room, yelled FREEDOM and went back to bed.

We NEED the nobles

Scotland ended up crawling on their hands and knees to join England, so why would brits care?

Based Mel

Our guy incarnate

You are the reincarnation of William Wallace.

>pack of niggers

Wouldn't it be "tribe"?