Why was Lucy such a cunt to Charlie Brown?

Why was Lucy such a cunt to Charlie Brown?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0q0CY1SQ1nY
peanuts.wikia.com/wiki/June_1972_comic_strips
youtube.com/watch?v=-u45SEuCmzA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She was based on Schultz's ex-wife

If a girl picks on a boy at that age, it's usually because she likes him.

Because girls.

Oh Charlie Brown, my love! My sultry pre-teen! You make my girlhood tremble you blockhead!

She's just autistic and does't understand that Charlie Brown doesn't want her to point out his faults constantly.

>ex
They were still married until 1972, the relationship wasn't great.

She's just tsundere

You people upset me, she deserves better than that wishie washie son of a barber.

Yfw Charlie Brown canonically get's all the hoes
> Lucy
> Peppermint/Patty (There were two apparently)
> Marcie
> Little Red-Haired Girl
Absolutely based.

On the first comics, Charlie Brown was a HUGE jerkass to her. Way worse than she is to him.

Look, Charlie Brown doesn't HAVE to try and kick that football. And yet he does because he enjoys the impossible challenge the 1% chance she'll let him or because he's a fucking retard who will never learn.

He doesn't HAVE to fly his kite so close to a try and yet he does.

He likes to suffer. He's the type of guy who would do a full LP of Ride to Hell and make a yearly tradition of streaming Bubsy on Twitch.

I bet he has lots of subscribers. Hell if he was a Overwatch stream he probably lose every time yet keep playing because he never gives up.

Too bad he'll always be a loser who will never believe that so many girls can love him and will probably drink himself to death by 17.

>canonically

I don't think you know what that word means

Lucy and !original!Patty don't have the hots for him, what are you on about?

> I don't know what a joke is; the post.
Tell that to the wiki.

I thought that was violet, oh well it was puppy love anyway.

As for Lucy, show me one instance that hints she actually has a crush on chuck

Payback.

Checkmate. Good thing I saved all those comics from that Charlie Brown thread. You and the OP need to brush up on the Peanuts lore, because there's an easy response to that question.

Everyone loves Charlie Brown. He's like America's first harem protagonist (Next to Archie)

> literally states she wants the C

Too bad schultz wasn't big on fanservice

Did the peanuts comics even have a resolution?

Does she even fully understand where babies come from?

I wouldn't say she fancy's Charlie Brown, she just thinks there's a one in 3 chance she'll have to marry him one day.

They were all tempramental as fuck back then anyway

This is the closest thing we got to a conclusion

This is what made me have "Lucy is a legit closet psychopath" as my headcannon. I've never really saw her genuinely cry or ensadden, so it still helds ambiguous.

Girlhood quiver-ftfy

That's Violet, not Lucy.

Violet also liked him though. Everyone liked CB.

I remember when Peanuts was ending, there were a lot of huge betting pools about what would happen in the last comic. Kicking the football was a popular choice.

Then it turned out that the "last comic" was just a farewell letter.

I assume she just found out they came from women which was why she said it.

The pic related was for "They were all tempramental as fuck back then"

No.
youtube.com/watch?v=0q0CY1SQ1nY

>full LP of Ride to Hell
Makes sense

Damn. That's actually a really good strip.

May I ask for context, plz?

It was the last strip Schultz made before he died.

Schulz was dying and also announced that he would stop doing the Peanuts comics, that strip was the last one.

Not quite. It's the last SUNDAY strip I think. There's still quite a few regular strips. This is the last strip.

Oh man, those wobbly outlines

It's the other way around. There were no more daylies after this one, but there were some mediocre Sunday's. He must have stopped for the new year and they just published whatever they had left over.

It's a pretty odd last strip too.

She knows in this special at least

Deepest Lore
e
e
p
e
s
t

L
o
r
eroL tsepeeD

Isn't Lucy really self-conscious?

I grew up thinking that they were brother and sister and that he rejected her because he didn't want an incestuous relationship.

I'm still convinced that I could find proof of that if I looked hard enough.

T S U N D E R E
S
U
N
D
E
R
E

That's not even remotely possible. Especially when Lucy has two younger brothers. Not once have they been shown to be family.

After announcing his retirement and doing the last strip he died within the day. I remember it, many feels were had.

That's incredible. His work ethics really marked him as a man from another time. RIP, Shultz.

Well he does have that trademark Van-Pelt nose and autism

It would explain how Lucy is able to just hang about his house despite him never giving permission too.

We never did learn his last name.

opps, was meant for

WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN? This is adorable!

>Peppermint Patty
>doesn't have a mother (either died or abandoned her)
>loves her father more than anything else in the world, he calls her his "Little Gem"
>She isn't the smartest kid
>her father works late
>Patty gets anxiety from having to stay in the house all alone, especially at night
>can't fall asleep until her dad comes home
>since she never gets enough sleep she can't concentrate in class which makes her appear even more unintelligent then she actually is
>has a totally one sided crush on the most complete loser in the entire town
>not the prettiest girl but has self esteem issues because Charlie Brown's crush the Little Redhead Girl is so beautiful

Schlutz said that Peppermint Patty was the only other character strong enough to have their own comic.

June 1972

peanuts.wikia.com/wiki/June_1972_comic_strips

44 years ago.

Because it worked and he was gullible.

DC and Marvel (especially Marvel) do the same thing to superhero comic readers. They always try to kick the football and land flat on their back. And the companies laugh.

shit. karma's a bitch

>a wild Peppermint Pattyfag appears

I never knew. It's beautiful.

She was my favorite character, but I never knew there was this much depth to her. Admittedly, she was my first fictional crush as well, but that's neither here nor there.

i guess i'll always just be wishy wishash chalry bowrn

reminds me of that Charlie Brown harem anime idea that was tossed around a couple months ago in another Peanuts thread;

basically Snoopy is actually a magical dog from space, and gives all the Peanuts girls Magical Girl powers, and he needs Charlie Brown to take on the Tuxedo Mask role to aid them, and obviously this is all complicated due to the usual problems that come from being Charlie Brown

I think there might have been a little more to it than that but that's all I can remember at the moment

I want more to this.

What would their powers be?

Maybe elemental or just random powers relating to their color schemes.

Nice meme

I just want a true-to-form Charlie Brown VN dating sim that combines the feel and character interactions from the comics and TV specials with the art style of

For that you need someone who can write the characters correctly and someone who can work renpy or some other vn engine and then an artist that can work well with others for free.

....So, anyone want to throw out some Visual Novel or Magical Girl greentext scenarios?

Well if it cheers you at all up I'm very slowly writing one in renpy.

Don't expect too much because it's my first big project but I wanted you to know that someone somewhere is actively trying to make it exist.

These would be appreciated

I could do VN but not magical girl.

I'm thinking both powers and outfits would vary heavily between each girl, with each girl representing a different type of Magical Girl(in a ironic twist Peppermint Patty ends up with the most frilly and girly outfit)

Even under patty's dress though she's wearing shorts and sandles.

Because she's an accurate depiction of feminism.

Just waiting for the obligatory Peter kicking her ass post

A Yuri story where Marcie has X number of days to get a girlfriend/boyfriend for a dance.

Because it's Marcy, her intelligence is her only strength as far as a potential mate would go; she's relatively dull looking, socially inept, and has no style.

The good ending is the poly ending with Chuck and Patty.

That's only for OP's

>Forgetting Peggy Jean
;_;

I didn't know Chitoge was in Peanuts.

How would a visual novel with all these girls work? Should each route even have a happy ending instead of the standard bittersweet stopping point.

She pulls the fucking football because it's the fucking Christian overtone messaging about always giving people the benefit of the doubt.
That's why Charie Brown is such a God-damned loser, he's taking the bullshit advice that they spoonfeed to every damned bastard idiot child ever imprisoned in Sunday-school for an hour a week.
It's not the big-bad scary feminists that are making half this thread wet their man-panties right now who wrote this crap, the *man* who wrote it was a typical White Christian Male named Charles Schultz.
It's some "wholesome" bullshit that stuck-up white pricks in smalltown America think is funny: bullying someone who doesn't fight back, over and over and over again.
Peter Griffin should have brought a gun and finished the job so that little bitch could burn in Hell for what she did. Too bad he couldn't do the same to Schultz, that prick's already burning in Hell.

Having a straight up happy ending would be sacrolidge. Uncomfortable child sex endings are the only way to do it.

Someone make this great monstrosity.
The end of some routes end with a nice little kiss and a hope for tomorrow only if you know where to fail.
Other routes let you go full playa on the girls only to feel ashamed afterward and fearing the consequences of what you've done, the feeling that you will never be clean no matter what you do because as Charlie Brown you just bumped uglies before you were ready and meta as you the viewer feel great shame for fapping to it afterwards.

there needs to be a All Girl Harem ending, hardest to pull off but the most satisfying(also ignore what says, the "Charlie Brown can never have a happy ending" trope is beyond tired at this point)

It's also a staple. Also it's not that he can't be happy. It's that he can't win.

Pat is a gift to the world. His laugther is like music to my ears.

This is some sad shit, anons.

Damn...

Make it easy and just go by Sailor Moon girls.
Patty is Jupiter or Venus, and Lucy has to be Rei.
Marcy is Ami, no question.
Who else is there?

Peppermint Patty was the tighest shit

we are all true patricians and ballas of the dopest magnitude

sometimes you got to realize that just because it's a staple doesn't mean it should be

nah that's lame and boring

Yeah, but this isn't one of those times. Charlie Brown without losing is half the character. He's so enjoyable as a protagonist because for a person who loses SO MUCH he eventually comes to terms with it. If you want a character who just has victories, there's many other characters that'd fill that role. Charlie Brown's victories are seldom because that makes them much more special when they happen.

>Patty doesn't have a mother

I didn't know that

he died about a week after so he was powering through some shit to the end

>Lucy has crab based powers
>Frieda has tentacle hair
>Peppermint Patty youtube.com/watch?v=-u45SEuCmzA
>Marcie has book magic (Lazer beams ect) but is completly blind when using it
>Violet makes super mud pies
>Patty can shapeshift, often forgets to change her hair colour.
>Sally doesn't get any obvious powers, cheers from the sidelines and helps in other ways.

>all these girls have a crush on charlie brown
>blockhead is too dense or shy to pick up on it
I'm pretty sure this is the part where one of the other boys fuck the girl's brains out while blockhead mopes about failingnto fly a kite

Peppermint Patty - Strength

Lucy - Sonic voice

Marcy - Telekinesis

Heather - Broadcast empathy

Dare I ask where the Red Baron fits into this?