Frank Cho leaving Wonder Woman because of censorship

bleedingcool.com/2016/07/14/frank-cho-walks-off-wonder-woman-after-sixth-cover/

>He tells Bleeding Cool,
All the problem lies with Greg Rucka.

>EVERYONE loves my Wonder Woman covers and wants me to stay. Greg Rucka is the ONLY one who has any problem with covers. Greg Rucka has been trying to alter and censor my artwork since day one.

>Greg Rucka thought my Wonder Woman #3 cover was vulgar and showed too much skin, and has been spearheading censorship, which is baffling since my Wonder Woman image is on model and shows the same amount of skin as the interior art, and it’s a VARIANT COVER and he should have no editorial control over it. (But he does. WTF?!!!)

>I tried to play nice, not rock the boat and do my best on the covers, but Greg’s weird political agenda against me and my art has made that job impossible. Wonder Woman was the ONLY reason I came over to DC Comics.

>To DC’s credit, especially [Art Director] Mark Chiarello, they have been very accommodating. But they are caught between a rock and a hard place.

>I just wanted to be left alone and do my Wonder Woman variant covers in peace. But Greg Rucka is in a hostile power trip and causing unnecessary friction over variant covers.

Rucka you enormous fucking faggot REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

What a pussy. He couldn't do the job so he quit. He's bad at his job and he's a bad artist.

Good riddance. Cho is an enourmous faggot, anyway.

>tells you to tone it down
>throw a fit and leave instead
okay

@84498140
There is literally nothing wrong with this.
But watch as Gamergoobers fill this thread with misogyny
Rucka will be in the right side of history and Cho will be remembered as a dinosaur trying to keep doing his awful stuff in 2016, when he doesn't have a place anymore

>cho this butthurt over slightly cropping an image

Fuck off, Rucka! You won, we get it, just let us mourn in peace, you cucklord!

I like Rucka, buts he's the one being a faggot here.

How long until Cho draws a million pics of WW naked and giving him the reason?

> hur durr someone doesn't like an obnoxious fap artist so it's bait

>being progressive is bait
Maybe you should go back to Sup Forums???

>being progressive
>gotta cover up those womyn

>this thread

And they said Sup Forumsmblr was just a meme.

Do Rucka and Cho have different political ideologies or something?

>Getting paid to do something for someone under someone else
>Upset that person has demands and rules
Cry more Cho.

Yeah, Ruck is a Cuck-barrel and Cho is Alt-B A S E D.

Oh fuck off
Just report the idiots and hope for the best instead of being a whiny baby

Probably got a lot of offers and commission requests from this, so he probably will cry more

> report people for having a different opinion

so, just who is tumblr now?

>Commissions are paychecks
LOL!

Yeah, women want to be free yet covered in burkas. The fuck is with that?

>I don't like these people for being tumblr
>BUT IF YOU DISLIKE TUMBLR THEN YOU ARE TUMBLR

You're just a fool user, a silly fool

>because of censorship

He's work-for-hire. If the company is unhappy with what you do and asks you to redo it, that's standard procedure, not censorship.

Until I see evidence, it's just his word against Rucka's. He might be right, he might be overreacting, but I can't tell based on his words alone.

Yes, quite a few artists rely on commissions since monthlies aren't enough, and Cho has confirmed that he sells more and can charge more for commissions ever since the original controversy happened.

>le based Cucka

They didn't even crop the image. They zoomed in and made it look all weird. Like she was bigger than what she originally was.

Go back to drawing tiddies, Frank.

MEANWHILE...
Greg is ok with Nicola doing this.

What

I didn't know Cho was such a crybaby.
He is Robbie crybaby tier.

bait it is

Gee no shit

you dummy

>he's a bad artist
Yeah... good luck with that.

>and he's a bad artist.
fuck off

fuck greg rucka, what a little pussy. his wonder woman has been bland shit so far and honestly after this i am glad he got dicked out of writing earth one and all star.

Does anybody have the pages he drew of DKR?

He's like Ross. Does pretty stills and pin ups, but is bad mostly everything else.

Is Frank Cho trying to make his whole career 'that guy who really likes drawing big tits and ass'? We get it, you love butts, but come on man, do the work as asked.

The guy is becoming a caricature of himself.

Except he is not bad at anything except at times same face.

His covers haven't really impressed me, but I doubt whoever we get doing variants instead will be much better. Plus the reasoning here is retarded, fucking Rucka.

I mean Greg wrote that scene so it's even more ridiculous.

It's basically two manchilds fighting over their waifu.

Greg Rucka has been dreaming about doing this Wonder Woman story for ages and he only accepted coming back to DC because of this book.

Frank Cho always loved Wonder Woman and he only accepted to work for DC to draw buff covers of Wonder Woman's book.

Rucka doesn't want WW to be shown so lewd in the covers, Cho wants to draw buff WW as covers.

I'm not entirely sure how variant covers work, but I don't think the writer of the series gets a say in what's on them, that's for the art director

>but is bad mostly everything else.
again, wrong

Greg Rucka is the writer. He's right.

The writer is the captain. If the writer tells you to draw you blowing him, you fucking do it, draw monkey. You want to be in charge? Start writing.

There's nothing impressive about that page, buddy.

its not even lewd, rucka is just being a dick because he doesnt like outrage

He's doing Trinity now. Surprised to see him doing covers that will possibly have Superman in them.

It's a fucking variant cover. Rucka's jsut being a bitch.

rucka wrote these comics

>bad artist now means you don't surpass every other professional artist and become a legendary master of your craft
>bad

This makes no sense. Is OP cover #3? I have a feeling it was over something else and Cho is exaggerating. Considering Rucka has already done a bathing scene (although not inherently sexual), complaining about the amount of skin on a variant seems too absurd to be true.

>The guy is becoming a caricature of himself.

There should be an age requirement for veteran comic creators. This happens too often with them.

>Implications
All pen work, minuscule details everywhere, unrivaled cross hatching in comics

And it's just being told to tone it down and not show panty shots or whatever. Cho is just being a bitch.

Third Wave Feminism is mixed with puritanism, because it's not a "movement for that only wants equality of the sexes" It's a moshpit of different political ideas rolled into one big clusterfuck.

>He's doing Trinity now. Surprised to see him doing covers that will possibly have Superman in them.

Has this been confirmed? Because i was going to say that. If Cho want to draw Wondy for DC so much, DC should just give him JUSTICE LEAGUE or TRINITY, books where Wondy is a main character, for Cho to draw covers for.

the solicits have him as Trinity #2 variant

Why are panty shots a problem? Fuck you. I want panty shots.

Yep, this. Cho is a manbaby throwing a tantrum. This is just massively unprofessional. I'm completely unsurprised, considering his recent behaviour.

he is right, if anything editorial should have a right to censor stuff not the writer

Obviously Frank wasn't drawing any beefcake to off set it.
Is this post censorship or whats going on? What's actually wrong with this?

Nice.

Go jerk off to zenescope

>but is bad mostly everything else
His work on TA Hulk is pretty solid.

Then maybe they should give Wonder Woman another costume if the greek/gladiator stuff is offensive.

Does Cho think he has to constantly play up this "anti-SJW" thing for attention now? Is being a good artist not good enough?

When you are Greg Rucka, you get a say.

You can see Wondy's butt and panties.

No, fuck you. I want to jerk off to Wondy's panty shots.

>@
>inb4 being this new

>Censorship is being told what you're supposed to do at work.
Just get Adam Hughes. His work is miles better anyway.

That's a pretty generic page.

Wow how lewd, equality between the sexes is damaged forever, this is a massive outrage and clearly the work of the patriarchy.

But its beyond tame.
I have a hard time believing Rucka has an issue with that.

Then go look up fanart or wait two days before Cho makes a barrage of Wonder Woman pics to piss off Rucka like the manbaby he is

That is what Cho says.
We need more information.

He did the work as asked. Read the fucking article. The character on the cover was on model and of costume of the interior art.

Rucka, who isn't editorial or in charge of it threw a hissy fit.

The fact that anyone is on Rucka's side, despite Rucka overstepping his bounds and threatening to leave unless they listen to him is fucking bizarre.

Meanwhile in GRAYSON...

You know what? They should ask Tom King to write a second ongoing to Wonder Woman and have Frank Cho do interior art for it.

No, i want oficial work of Wondy's panties. That's the kick.

I know. I saved it because She-Hulk. But he still does good work with the book. Or he did, for all of the four issues he illustrated.

You do realize that people threw a massive fit over this page, right?

Seeley got harassed twitter and there were articles on bleedingcool.

>"Hey maybe we shouldn't show Wonder Woman's panties on this cover"
>"OUTRAGE! CENSORSHIP! MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH!"

Apparently they're inspecting the massive tumor in Dick's left thigh. Shit, just one line wrong and I can't unsee it now.

then don't give her a fucking skirt

There was a lot of outrage over that page, user.

I just don't buy it. Rucka has worse in his comic, scenes HE wrote. Something feels off about this.
I like Frank, I was on his side in the whole retarded Spider-Gwen thing but Rucka getting pissy about seeing a tiny bit of panty in an ultimately tame Variant cover when he himself is writing nude scenes in the book seems off.

>Seeley got harassed twitter and there were articles on bleedingcool.

This is stupid. Good, God. Not even men can be allowed to look sexy?

You know what, i'm going to go out shirtless as a protest.

why?

Rucka is a beloved writer of some of the best comics ever written.

Frank Cho is a kind of decent artist of almost no note.

>I can't think of a pose that won't show her panties or draw the skirt longer
>fuck you i don't do work for hire to be edited why is this happening to me

Good job being a massive tard my man.

>It's a Frank Cho is a nobody meme post

What's t point of being a good artist if you can't express your style on a variant cover cos the writers is squeamish about visible butt curvature?

>we should limit our poses to not offend people

that's internalized censorship

It's pre censorship. Rucka was angry at that image.

Editorial could've agreed with Rucka.

Yes. Because clearly a comfy job doing DC covers is simply too much to handle if one dumbass editor didn't like them.

Motherfucker could have just posted the uncensored ones online after and let the fans tell DC to lay off him but nah, "th-the system is against me!!!!!!!! im important!" is a much better, non bridge burning method.

It's almost like Sup Forums is infamously full of tumblr SJWs or something.