Opinions on Iceland?

Opinions on Iceland?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/iceland/11635123/Iceland-abolishes-law-which-orders-Basques-to-be-killed-on-sight.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque–Icelandic_pidgin
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ástandið
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Land of Saga

Auitism containment isalnd

Model white ethnostate. Also autism.

>Growing diversity: Immigrants now 12% of Icelandic population, up just 2.1% 20 years ago

cold island people

It's cool that they finally decided that killing Spaniards is illegal.

In 2015.

comfy place

i still have no idea why they insist eating sheep heads and cod when they have lakes full of brown trouts and arctic chars and great salmon rivers

The least relevant nation of the planet. Sorry Nauru - You've been dethroned.

Quick rundown on this?

Come on, they have the Sagas, Björk, a booming tourism industry, an epic football team, etc.

> the year is 1615
> Spanish Basque whalers arrive in Iceland
> a storm wrecks their ships so they are stranded on the shore
> local Icelanders refuse to help them
> so the starving whalers entered an empty hut and ate the fish that was drying inside
> in retaliation, Icelanders massacre the Spaniards brutally (being stabbed in the eye, castrated etc)
> the local sheriff makes it legal, and even required, to kill any Spaniards who shipwreck next to Icelandic shores
> 400 years later the law is repealed
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/iceland/11635123/Iceland-abolishes-law-which-orders-Basques-to-be-killed-on-sight.html

>be basque sailor
>trading whales and shit with those Icelandic bros
>route day as usual
>storm
>fleet destroyed
>stranded, starving
>steal some fish from unguarded warehouse
>icelanders find out
>þungur hnífur...

rightful clay

>Basques can celebrate that they should no longer be killed as soon as they set foot in the Westfjords region

Epic story, thanks.

Also,
>A total of 32 sailors were killed

Impressive that these dickheads put more effort into killing them than helping them.

More EBIN :DD :
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basque–Icelandic_pidgin

I'd prefer it to be a Norwegian autonomous zone than a full blown sovereign state.

good food, nice people, the landscape is stunning but it gets pretty repetetive after 2-3 days

visited two times, would visit again

Snownigger degenerate (cause muh incests) shithole

RANDOM BOCABULARY :D:DDD

It sounds like the weirdest general on Sup Forums. And the examples are too good:

>Wash a shirt for me
>If Christ and Mary give me a whale, I will give you the tail
>Fuck you!

slaves of the ottoman

bump :D

>had internship in Reykjavik while back
>had to answer mails and LiveChat shit
>colleague starts sending LiveChats pretending to be a customer
>uses names like Smegma Sigursson and Tyrone Noonesson
>asks in chat where he can buy meth in Reykjavik, if minors are easy to fuck etc
>obviously see him typing while receiving the chats
>he snorts his Néftobak extremely loud
>laughs autistically

It's like Finland but an island, and more autism

cool flag

My ancestor :)

they make really excellent winter music

it's really astonishing how many great artists come out of such a small country

Heh does ur family name have a Icelandic tinge?

My parents are from Iceland

Þessi hnífur Á AÐ vera þungur....

Do you speak Icelandic, handed over from ur parents?

My grammar is very bad because they mostly spoke to me in English, but I picked up enough to be able to communicate.
I went to Iceland a few years ago and they thought I was an American learning Icelandic, but I was able to communicate.

>they thought I was an American learning Icelandic
that's not entirely wrong though

tung kniv

But I'm one of them...

Heh really interesting, Iceland is one of the most attractive countries. Anyway Takk Icemutt

Sure in some sense, but you're also primarily culturally American

give iceland grill

Rightful norwegian clay

people there have thin hair

I am going soon. Wow airlines is offering tickets from Toronto or Montréal to Reykjavik for $120 CAD ($97 USD/ 79€) until the end of April.
Copenhagen, London, Amsterdam, Edinburgh, Dublin, Berlin, and a couple others are $140 CAD ($113 USD/ 92€).

This is unfortunately true

Takk! Eigið góðan dag.

hehe
ganivet feixuc

>THC posting

*tension music*

denna kniv skall vara tung

UMA DELÍCIA

A literal nation of cuckbabys and fishniggers

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ástandið

want to go in for some burger?

and yet you lost no less than 3 wars to them -- a country that doesn't even have a navy

We could have made their entire country a burning hole, but they cried to the UN every single time. Our membership in the UN is worth more than a few meters of fishing ground.

this is the most american thing I've read all day

>w-we could have
face it, you got ICED. soon the thames will be overrun by icelandic fishermen

> a fucking dentist

we were half anglo from the start lad, and it was like 300 children born before the soldiers were quarantined at the military base

Great place! I have been there on two occasions. Sadly work related so i haven't been able to explore much outside Reykjavik. I was able pick up a newspaper and understand about 70% of it without beeing exposed to the language before

I visited Iceland one year ago and it was a great trip. People were very friendly and genuinely excited to answer my questions about Iceland. The scenery was incredible too, it looked very weird because there weren't many trees lol.

It's a rocky island in the middle of the ocean with 100k people on it. Best thing about it are the vistas and hot springs.

They are Icelandic, you're just American. unless you move back and spend years getting used to the country.

you have the best waifus

Bjorkland

they hosted fischer vs spassky world championship game, thus becoming more relevant than sweden