Overwatch Comics

So, they released a new comic, this time for Ana the sniper, What does Sup Forums think of it?

Other urls found in this thread:

comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/legacy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can someone story time them?

The website is a bit funky but I'll try my best

Good ol 76

Does she get naked and raped by niggers?

Comics are trash, senpai

But

Had to merge these ones

And cartoons are trash, senpai

I don't think the Overwatch comics are as good as Team Fortress 2's.

Of course they aren't. But I like them anyway.

Storytime user why are you going by the motion comic and not just taking the actual NORMAL comic?

comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/legacy

The comic's only eight pages.

Ah, it's just that if you imply anything related to TF2 is superior to Overwatch on Sup Forums, you get swarmed.

I uh, didn't know it existed. This is higher quality anyway.

Also holy shit, Jack

But I'll move on to the normal comic.

Yes but those people have problems when it comes to sonder.

Speaking of which, I was so worked up waiting for the patch notes that I forgot to see if there was a thread on Sup Forums for the mini-comic we got with the Meat vs. Match update.

Argue what you will about gameplay, but I think most people would agree that the writing for TF2's peripheral material is far more entertaining than Overwatch's.

T U M B L R
U
M
B
L
R

Are you stupid?

Y E S
E
S

And that's the end of that.

TF2's comics are in a different genre that Overwatch's. OW is full serious with hints of comedy while TF2's are full comedy with hints of serious. It's like comparing an apple to a Granny Smith. They're both apples, but fill different roles.

Well Overwatch's peripheral material is delivered on time, that's something at least.

What's tumblr about not wanting to kill more than is necessary?

Gee that was terrible

It's also an effective strategy to wound an enemy around other troops, the screaming can break morale and traumatize, since you can just go on if your comrade is dead, but if he's injured it's not as simple as all that.

he's bitching about bad dude # 1 reaching for bad dude # 2, because he doesnt know about the battle buddy system

>the last comic in the ongoing series was released almost a year ago

Valve time is slowly becoming less and less funny.

That shouldn't even be a discussion. TF2's comics are leagues better from a writing standpoint. Blizzard has never really had decent writers on staff.

Wait, so Widowmaker was a former member of Overwatch? For some reason I thought she was a random.

Thanks for the story time, user.

Because you do what you're told you don't just not injure enemy soldiers for distraction because you can't take the "needless suffering"

>Implying there is needed suffering

Her husband was a member of overwatch who led a number of strikes against Talon. To get him they kidnapped his wife and brainwashed her into a sleeper agent. She killed her husband a few weeks after being rescued.

>not injure enemy soldiers

Well, she's killing them. She's just making it quick rather than prolonged.

Her husband was. She murdered him and joined the organization he was fighting against. Knowing Blizzard's writing, it was probably brainwashing or something similarly retarded.

That's not her decision

>the series of NECA's TF2 figures stopped before we got Scout, Medic, and Sniper
They've shown a prototype for Scout, so you know it's a licensing issue on Valve's side, who can't be assed to do anything but throw some weapon skins on their pertual money-making Market.

I like Ana, she reminds me of Big Boss.

Yes it is

Who was widowmaker's husband?

When will Blizzard add a cute boy hero? He could even fill the stereotypical JRPG hero role, since Blizzard wants their characters to be cliches. Could wield a hardlight greatsword.

She wasn't specifically told to wound soldiers to draw their buddies out, so it's her discretion on whether or not she does that.

But... Was she always purple/blue?

I know she was brainwashed. She has blue skin due to some weird science procedure as well, something about her blood.

And that's how she became Big Boss.

Boys getting shot in the head would be a no-no. He'd have to be at least 18-19.

So, how many people in Overwatch were thought to be dead but jk instead?
Ana,
Soldier 76
Reaper,
Widdowmaker
Tracer

Which one?

Lucio is a cute boy. Unless you mean a teen or something.

her husband was an overwatch agent. she was kidnapped and tortured into becoming widowmaker

Evolve has a 15 year old boy, although he wears a mask and rusty homemade armor so you wouldn't know that unless you read his lore.

Tracer?

No, when she returned they did some weird science to her heart and metabolism. Apparently it slowed down her heartrate, cooled her body temperature, and dulled her emotions. The skin color is a side-effect of all that.

Gerard Lacroix. We don't know anything about him beyond that he was a fairly notable agent who spearheaded attacks against Talon.

No, her slowed heart rate causes permanent cyanosis

Maybe Mei, since she accidentally got Walt Disney'd for some time and she wasn't found until years later?

Her origin story says she was thought dead after a time machine accident

>weird science
They made her into a sex robot?

>people still think this is a real thing
God I wish this meme would die, right up there with "the Germans and Japanese would know the Americans needed to reload in WWII because they'd here the Garand go *ping*" and "if you shoot a flame thrower it explodes"!

I know this isn't exactly Sup Forums related but,
>Battleborn dies within the year of release
>Evolve goes f2p and revives itself after being dead for around a year
Did Battleborn have anything going for it besides the short cartoon?

Battleborn was dead during the month of its release.

This. It's hard to aim even at close range, you always aim for the center of mass.

>Releasing Battleborn literally the same time as Overwatch
What were they even thinking
It's like releasing a movie on the same day as Star Wars

From what I heard the main reason Battleborn died was because the PC release was literally unplayable for some rigs, but they only wanted to patch once a month so console players wouldn't be overwhelmed. So by the time they actually fixed Battleborn's technical issues, most of the people already left because they couldn't fucking play it.

I really wish they'd just produce more actual media instead of just randomly dripping canon. How are we suppose to keep up with this shit?

It's kind of their writing crutch. Don't forget Genji.

Damn their writing crutch, I wanna know about the Gorillas on the Moon!

After killing Gerard, she was retrieved by Talon and had surgery to drastically slow her heart rate. It's to the point where it barely beats at all, and drastically improves her aim.

>We're monkeys on the moon!
>We carry a harpoon!
>But there ain't no whales
>So we tell tall tales
>And sing our whaling tune!

>Want gorillas on the moon
Fuck you, you're getting a boring side story comic about Lucio that won't actually reveal any of back story.

You son of a bitch.

The thing is, Lucio and Symmetra's story would be cool if things actually happened. Symmetra is supposed to be working for an oppresive organization but I rarley saw any of that in her comic.

more like releasing a movie, and then having Star wars change its release date to fuck you on purpose. like they did to Tarantino.

>Symettra's story
Did you miss the part where they tried to commit industrial espionage and when that didn't work just went straight to sabotage and murder?

Also is there any Lucio story yet?

We haven't seen Lucio's side of the story. I'm sure when Blizzard releases a comic or cinematic for him, we'll see the darkside of Symmetra's company. In Symmetra's comic, it seems like she genuinely believes her company is doing good for humanity, so with her as the narrator, obviously the story will be biased.
>mfw we might get to see a lucio vs symmetra cinematic

Wait, the Hateful Eight is out?

>company in competition to get contract
>Other company mysteriously blows the fuck up

How the hell does this company still exist? At the very least they wouldnt have gotten that contract.

Since Christmas, yes.

It's fun.

She doesn't like killing people or whatever the fuck but she has what I presume to be a kill count on her gun?

ok

The same way that companies maintain virtual slavery in sweatshops in the third world. They bring in the dosh.

Big reveal that Winston's dad isn't really dead when?

Nope, Valve was so pissed at the quality of Engineer and Spy they cancelled the rest of the line.

You mean they offer better jobs to those people compared to their other choices.

She's a hypocrite

From the context of the comic it's pretty clear it's more of a Sin Tally to her than anything.

Like young Genji?

We all have to do things we don't like sometimes. Especially when it comes to our jobs.

Shut your gay ass up fatass

It seems like a good portion of Overwatches creative department can't avoid cliches.

At least my fat gay ass can pick up obvious story cues.