CHILDHOOD MISCONCEPTIONS

When I first saw the Spider-Man movie as a kid I thought Macy Gray was a fictional character that looked purposefully silly.

Macy Gray was in Spider-Man?

I don't know how she ever got famous. What a horrible voice.

I thought Christopher Robin was a girl with short hair, and Rabbit was also female.

I thought Spaceghost Coast to Coast was an actual sequel in Canon with the original cartoon.

I thought Brak was a deadhead because my parents had taken me to music festivals and I had seen dancers in African masks in the artsy stoner craft area before a dead show when I was a toddler

BABY

I was a pretty stupid six year old, and didn't know what Micheal Jackson looked like in real life, so I thought the fake MJ on the Simpsons was him.
Then I watched Thriller and got the joke of the episode.

I

I had a similar experience. Except it was the opening commercials of Free Willy on VHS and I thought Michal Jackson was a woman until I was in my teens.

I knew about her before Spider-Man. Christians decrying her music for dirty dirty drug references.

I thought the Real Ghostbusters cartoon came first and they made the movies after. Because Ghostbusters was such a weird cartoony concept, it made sense to me that way.

Also, at some point thinking back on childhood cartoons, I remembered Ezekiel Rage (from the New Adventures of Johnny Quest) being a villain from Batman the Animated Series. I think he got combined with Ra's al Ghul in my memory.

holy shit i forgot macy gray existed

Never had that thought.

I thought there was a sequel to Terminator, called "The Assassinator."

i thought that about every SNL musical guest. i thought it was part of the joke

Or maybe you were thinking of ra's's son from that jonah hex episode? i wanna say his name was ezekiel or something biblical and oldtimey like that

I couldn't have been the only one who thought he was a girl.

>There are people that actually thought this
>There are multiple people that shared this belief
Why is Sup Forums so fucking retarded?

If your version of retardation is typical childhood naïveté, yeah, I was a pretty retarded five-year-old.

I don't know! I guess it was the voice, the way he mom everyone around, and how feminine he acted.

Are you trying to tell me Space Ghost Coast to Coast isn't a direct sequel to the original?

According to the creators, Nermal's a guy and Brave Little Toaster's a girl.

You weren't. I thought so too.

You are not going to trick me into fingering my toaster. Not again.

I thought turning off the tv paused the tv show so when I had to go and turn off the tv it'd be fine and pick up where I left off on my show.

Ugh, right? They should have just checked the EEnE wikia and read the character profiles. Jeez.

Didn't she also do the intro for As Told By Ginger?

SHALL I COMPARE YOU TO A KISS FROM A ROSE ON THE GRAY

I thought Kryptonite is depowering everyone. Turning superheroes into normal humans and normal humans into cripples.

And Superman was so strong because his species evolved on Kryptonite planet and had to compensate