So I think most of Sup Forums agrees that while Ledger gave a great overall performance...

So I think most of Sup Forums agrees that while Ledger gave a great overall performance, it didn't really feel like Joker.

Is there any other comic character that his performance would have fit better? (Similarly to how Eisenberg was a shitty Lex Luthor but would have made a great Riddler?)

He felt like the Joker to me. He perfectly fit that universe and a more traditional Joker would have clashed completely.

This

this

This.

Incidentally, Batman Forever is a great big-budget adaptation of the Adam West show.

>So I think most of Sup Forums agrees that while Ledger gave a great overall performance, it didn't really feel like Joker.

nice meme

This

We tumblr now?

Nolan just focused on a different thematic dynamic between Batman and the Joker than what we're used to seeing. Rather than reflecting Batman's insanity, the Joker reflected the chaotic destabilization that threatened the institutions of order in society that Batman was defending.

Batman was the vision for what the forces of order would become in the post 9/11 world, the NSA, SWAT teams, the police, and the Joker was the vision for what chaotic forces in the world would become, criminals, terrorists and psychopaths lashing out at society.

>now?
Been for the past 5 years, but thats besides the point.

Ledger's Joker single handedly pulled the movie up, because the plot by itself was as generic and boring as there is.

Just about everything else, Two face in particular, was bland as fuck.

I'll just leave this here.

>your girlfriend's vagina smells like bumble-
>-bee tuna
Riff Raff Joker would be fantastic. Shame he's too much of a burly boy now.

/thread

There is no "right Joker" or "right Batman," just the ones that are right for the story.

Miller's DKR Batman and Snyder's BvS Batman are the exact same character, the difference is Miller's was right for the story (dystopian Reagan era hell) while Snyder's was completely wrong for the story (our world).

I'm giving this response one more >this.

DKR Batman and Snyder's Batman were literally in no way similar characters. They just had a similar costume.

Rif would be shit he's like the white flavor flavor flavor & jokes on you I don't have A Girlfriend but I do got your Gram's.

>it didn't really feel like Joker.
you can't just say things like that in passing and then use it as the basis for your post.

Jim Carry's Riddler in Batman Forever would have made a great Joker.

I think given the universe he was in and the restraints/tone it had, it was the best possible scenario. But hes not my favorite Joker by any means, no disrespect to Ledger or his performance mind you. Truth is everyone has their "idea" on how the Joker should act given what we've seen in both books/television. Mine so happens to fall in the ballpark of Hammils BTAS/Arkham version, but again thats just my personal favorite. Im actually interested where Leto takes the character too

Grest Joker. His facial apperance was much different of course.

>a more traditional Joker

This kind of makes since for the general direction he took the character.

I think his version is probably one of the most overrated things in comic/comic media. Only given any credit to begin with because he died and a then was posthumously given an award and hyped as his final performance. Not that he didn't have some interesting moments but I equate it primarily to has turned out to be Keanu Reeves entire career. Someone who doesn't have a great deal of talent but manages to pick roles in good movies or roles that cat can pretty much be played by anyone fairly well with a minimum of effort.

Heath's Joker was perfect for the Gotham Nolan created. He was a radical, ammoral anarchist but not the least bit insane.

I disagree. Heath clearly had acting talent due to his on the nose improvisational skills. I don't think many other actors would have given as believable a performance.

Nicholson was my first Joker and I preferred Hammil/BTAS anyway. But I also liked the rasta joker from the Battie Chan Adventures, and like the idea of Leto's sleazy Die Antwoord gangsta version

I liked Mark Hamill's Joker most, though I did grow up on his version of the Joker so maybe I'm biased.

He felt more like Anarky than Joker to me.
I don't think so. A more traditional Joker would have had a much bigger impact by showing an even bigger contrast, I think.

Then how come people don't say this about Snyder's Lex?

They didn't get either Superman or Lex right from the start. You can't build off of that foundation.

>while Snyder's was completely wrong for the story (our world).
How is that?
That implies the post 911 world isn't just as fucked up as it is in TDKR.
Hell virtually ALL of his social commentary in the book about the media & sjws came true.

Where's your proof of that?

God damn it user now I can't think of it as anything else.

Batman and Robin tried to be, but it didn't have any of the charm the show had. It missed the point.
And audiences expected something different/