youtube.com/watch?v=hYAQtEs2Img
youtu.be/i846rmYryjs?t=3m56s
youtube.com/watch?v=i846rmYryjs
youtube.com/watch?v=sEFjMOjyQEs
mgtowhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14645
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bait

KFP 2 blows Zootopia out of the water

KFP1 I feel was a better movie about a person trying to be the thing they wanted despite how the world viewed them than Zootopia. Judy was a great cop from the get go, where as Po fucking sucked and spent the entire movie working up to the point where he finally succeeded.

Eh, I mean Zootopia wasn't really thematically focused on that though. It was more of a minor plot point that there were some roadblocks to Judy being taken seriously as a copper.

KFP is kinda an under dog story personally i like them better it also has the added advantage of action

I feel like Zootopia was more about racism/prejudice than about Judy trying to be a cop.

>Zootopia was trash
>Kung Fu Panda was trash with an even worse plot
I'd say you're right. They are both terrible, over rated garbage films. But at least the characters in Kung Fu Panda are almost likable, despite being boring stereotypes.

Nope.

Why are they garbage user?

KFP2 may have been, but KFP and KFP3 are pretty weak

Except the movie didn't suck and her cop skills aren't actually that relevant since the majority of the movie she's relying on her natural rabbit speed more than anything.

Well good sir.

Kung Fu Panda has a plot about "just being special and not having to earn anything in your life cuz your the chosen one and that's it."

"Hey Sensei, I want to be the best."
"You can't be the best."
"Now I'm hungry."
"Oh hey you are now the best. It turns out you are the best whenever you are hungry."
>Jack Panda proceeds to shit in his pants and the crowd explodes into laughter

Meanwhile Zootopia is

"I want to be a rabbit cop."
"No."
"you're a racist"
"You're right I'm a racist"
"now i'm rabbit cop"

I don't think you actually get movies.

KFP isn't about "just being special." Po's whole thing is that he defeats Tai Lung by using his natural abilities and being himself, not because he's the chosen one. They even straight up tell you in the movie that the most important thing is being yourself. And there's no shit jokes.

You're right. If I just be myself I can be the best in the entire world.

Training? Sure I'll train for 2 weeks and I'll be able to best the greatest fighters in the world. Why? Well I'm the main character. I have to win.

>proceeds to shit all over his pants and all over the floor

>speed
I think her jumping skills stand over her speed, yet again she being the first cop rabbit was dumb obviously someone would find out rabbit's skills and small creatures on the forces are useful

I quit playing before Mists of Pandaria xpac came out, so I can't judge.

No it really wasn't.
Wasn't even the best of its own trilogy. Hell, imo it was the worst of the Kungfu panda movies.

He's not even the best fighter in the movie. He's not as good as any of the furious 5, let alone the villain. He doesn't beat anyone except Tai Lung either, and the reason he can is because he can't hit his pressure points.

Did you even watch the movie?

Well user, if this is how you feel, then I'm sorry to say you might possibly just be a cynical fuck, and you probably thought those South Park episodes where Stan just saw shit everywhere were the deepest/most relatable thing.

plot =/= movie

there are movies with awful plots and even awful scripts that work out.

I've only seen the first one. Really didn't care to see the sequels.

Sadly I did watch the first. It's a shallow frame that's praised because of it's all star cast and visuals, some decent tunes too.

Po is just the "fat guy who has big dreams" character. Ya know. They exist in every single Disney/Dreamworks film.

His fighting abilities are not learned nor are they his natural abilities. He just becomes a Kung Fu master for plot convenience.

The other characters are all just characters you've seen in other movies. I'm gonna guess you defend them because you want to fuck them.

>He's not as good as any of the furious 5, let alone the villain

Wait what? The Furious 5 couldn't even beat "Angry Cat Guy" when they ganged up on him at the bridge.

Po beat him single handed.

Nah, I just actually watch movies instead of being dazzled by the pretty colors and moving pictures. Oh wow look it's technology.

I saw the panda character's arms as huge breasts

Po beat him because Tai Lung's attacks didn't phase him. Not because he was a better fighter. Because he's not better than the Furious 5 or Tai Lung, he just had a natural resistance to Tai Lung's main type of attack. He doesn't even come close to "mastering" anything until the second movie, the the exception of the finishing blow move, which he already saw someone else almost use earlier in the movie.

So Tai Lung can take down opponents several times his and Po's size, but he can't take down Po because Po is LOL fat?

And you're defending this right now?

KFP has some really evocative imagery and scenes

youtube.com/watch?v=hYAQtEs2Img

zootopia never really captured that

It's obviously more than him just being fat, since he takes blows in areas where his fat isn't dense and still resists it well enough. He's naturally defensive and his fighting style reflects it. Tai Lung's style of hyper offense works on everyone else since they lack Po's defense.

>Tai Lung has years and years of experience
>has never had to fight a defensive opponent
>never fought an opponent that was a bumbling fat idiot
>despite all his years of training and his obviously excellent abilities, cannot adapt to fight an opponent with a more defensive style

You're putting more thought into your argument then the creators put into this movie.

KFP2 certainly. 3 was average at best.

>JUST BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, YOU CAN BE ANYTHING YOU WANT
that outdated and simple moral won't apply on today's society anymore. Meanwhile in Zootopia....

>When I was a kid I thought it was this perfect place where everyone got along…Turns out, real life is a little bit more complicated than a slogan on a bumper sticker. Real life is messy. We all have limitations, we all make mistakes.
now that has much deeper context and struck more to today's society. KFP in other hand, it was well-written but nothing groundbreaking in terms of story and moral wise, except the unique art style.

Nobody thought pandas could fight for shit and it seemed like none of them had ever seen or heard of a panda warrior before. So no, he never did fight anyone like Po before.

That's true, but being the worst KFP movie is still really good.

If KFP1 was a 90 and KFP2 was a 95, then KFP3 is a solid 85.

And that makes him fighting like an incompetent retard acceptable? You got no argument here. Can you not admit that the movie has flaws?

Po won because he was supposed to win. Because the movie demanded it. He should have got his ass absolutely destroyed. But Po the mirror revealed that Po was Po. And Po wins cuz he is Po.

"Believe in yourself and you can do whatever you want. Fuck logic. If you want to be the best just be the best cause."

You don't actually understand the problem here.

I disagree because Zootopia has Nick's muzzle scene. That shit hit me hard.

Po's strength against Tai Lung in KFP was that he was the exact opposite of everything Tai Lung (and everyone else) expected him to be. Po's undisciplined, improvised style caught him off guard, giving Po the chance to outmaneuver him.

Po won because he had blubber which prevented him being paralyzed by his enemies attacks, thus he overcame their only strength

youtu.be/i846rmYryjs?t=3m56s

youtube.com/watch?v=i846rmYryjs

>literally beats one of the greatest warriors who ever lived with LOL shenanigans

You guys can't be serious....

man you really are pissed about this, huh user

>Really didn't care to see the sequels.
Holy fuck watch the second

>resorting to that

No, I'm just confused how people think this is actually a good movie.

I call it like I see it, and you're coming across as pretty steamed is all I can say nigga

This scene alone is better than Zootopia

youtube.com/watch?v=sEFjMOjyQEs

Because it's a good movie maybe?

>>never fought an opponent that was a bumbling fat idiot
To be fair, most bumbling fat idiots would piss themselves and run away when confronted by Tai Lung

At least it wasn't made out of gay man's sick fantasy.

Am I the only one who thought KP2 was vastly overrated by everyone? sure it had great villains, great character development, darker element and fantastic music score.

But there are things really bother me, the comedy sometimes felt really out of place to balance out the darker element. It seems they were trying too hard shoehorning comedic element in some aspects, it ruined the moment. And the side characters, they introduced a lot of new characters but none of them except Shen really stands out or leave the mark. And I was disappointed that there were lack of exciting combat sequence just like the first one, that ending fight was basically everyone just going all-out without clear focus what was happening. I have to say that this movie needs longer running time to fleshed out better. desu, I think the first one had more perfect balance of everything.

The Sequel really is rather good largely in part because Gary Oldman is fucking fantastic in it and Po's conflict in the film involves many surprisingly touching moments. I'd say it's definitely better then the original.

Who designed this place?!

Why is it a good movie?

Because it instills a false message to impressionable youth?

Because it has the unique message of saying "hey be yourself." There are literally hundreds of other movies out there with the exact same message and they even deliver them in the same way. It's execution of it's overall message is as by the numbers as the plot is.

The characters? What makes them so unique? Po is like every other main character in any of these cookie cutter animated films. He's a big dreamer and he wants to live a better life. He's also voiced by Jack Black and 80% of his jokes are "lol I'm fat" or "lol I'm hungry"

Did they really sink Po/Tigress in this?

you gotta admit though, viper is really fuckable

Rhinos

she adopted panda baby, so that counts as a hint?

you can't fuck snakes

Not with that attitude.

if we were on that other chan I'd post a video demonstrating otherwise

Fucking rhinos when will they learn.

NONSENSE

not with that attitude

>Because it instills a false message to impressionable youth?

Welcome to Mass Media. The most common False Message that media delivers nowadays is the celebration of the female sex as everything it has NEVER been.

God am I tired of Gynocentric Girl Power propaganda trash. Judy Hopps should have failed in the movie, but being a twat means she cannot be allowed to fail because soggy knees. Fuck the human species. If humans put pussy on pedestal THAT much then the species deserves to die. God I wish aliens would genocide humanity for praising lies.

swing and a miss

Don't agree with me you fucking nut.

Poe loved Kung Fu but he wasn't trying to become the Dragon Warrior until halfway through the film.

No he didn't. He spent one day, and then the next day he was magically better. Because he was hungry.

Reread his post, he misunderstood you

let us all point and laugh at him

He's just a shitposter looking for excuse to post his Markov chain-esque rants.

Quite so.

Are you really going to tell me you buy into Girl Power bullshit like Tigress? I can tell you one thing the fact that she's still arrogant after Tai Lung kicked her ass and Kai wrecked her master who is superior to her is a bunch of Gynocentric bullshit. Realistically she should have ended up cowering like a woman. In times of war there are NO feminists.

The few women who can "keep up" with men are glitches in the system. So minuscule not worth acknowledging, much less ruin civilization for.

this is bad comedy

you gonna call us /cumblr/ next, eh , TOUGH GUY?

Nah. Men who enable Gynocentric bullshit are just Pussy Begging Mangina Simps.

(response)

The random CWC-esque capitalization leads me to believe you are not, in fact, a troll, and are actually such a huge autist that you believe what you're saying.

It's the story of a privileged middle class woman who thinks she's always being discriminated against coming to realize that the male character actually has it worse than her.

What they don't tell you in the movie is that in real life society does not care about male suffering/discrimination. No matter the context it's always about the twats:

mgtowhq.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14645

>Those old Crane/Viper pics drawn by a Sup Forums drawfriend

Did he ever draw a version without the hats?

if this is a 3d movie thread

what was that Chinese movie that was released recently that Sup Forums liked?

flower princess something something

God, seriously, just shut the fuck up. You sound like you have watched one too many plinkett reviews/nostalgia critic videos and now are trying to emulate their pretentious style of criticism.

>oh teh movie demanded it so its bad LOL im SO smart and intelligent

I mean shit, Luke skywalker should have gotten his shit destroyed in a new hope, but the movie demanded him destroying it. Is that bad? Well, considering how it allows his character to come full circle, no, not really.

>lol the movie demnded it
Is stupid. You are stupid.

Po won because he did what Tai Lung couldn't, accept himself as himself.

The rhythim of the fight changed when Tai learned that, to him, the dragon scroll was a lie; only Po could see Oogway's wisdom, and applied it in a way to defeat the stunned, shocked Tai Lung who was reeling from the fact that he destroyed his life, became the most feared criminal in china, and destroyed his home AGAIN over a mirror scroll.

Life isn't a math problem, man, especially with physical contests. Tai Lung's head was out of the game and Po took advantage to put the mad animal down.

I think one thing everyone is forgetting is that he is a huge fan of kung fu and had tried to practice the moves many times before

>Its better than Zootopia

Tigress and Po didn't get together so no.

Zootopia was pretty bland. Kung Fu Panda was very distinct, it had a nice premise and new story. Zootopia wasn't that impressive to me outside of looks, just mediocre not bad.

Neither did nick and judy

>Luke destroyed the Death Star by lucky circumstance
>he would have been killed if Han Solo didn't interfer
>might not have mattered because the Force might have changed fate anyway to put it into Luke's favor or Leia's

Meanwhile in Kung Fu Panda

>Po is the one
>Po wins because he has to

Fuck you nigga. You a retard if you can't practice critical thought.

It's a movie. Don't think about it it's just a movie.

He wasn't magically better, his master literally took advantage of his desire for food and turned it into a martial art.

I agree, I really enjoyed KFP2 but the first movie is definitely my favorite, like you said it had great balance of elements.

He didn't win "because he was meant to", he won because he finally understood what it kung fu really meant and thus mastered one of the first disciplines the series has been dishing out.

God, you're an idiot.

Hahahaha look at you furfaggots fighting.

Frozen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kungfu Panda 1,2,3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Zootopishit.

Generic as fuck with little to no rewatch value nigga please

popular because lesbians vs popular because furries
not really a huge difference imo

popular because lesbians is way better than popular because furries

dont like lesbians ? you're a faggot.

>mastered kung fu
>in a matter of days
>no experience before hand
>just masters it, cuz
>body can't be hurt by the main villain
>cuz he's fat

What fantastic writing. Yes, this is worth defending.

>popular because lesbians is way better than popular because furries
no it's not

Then you are a fag furries.

>I know, I'll oversimplify the thing I want and skew it in a negative light
>NO ONE WILL EVER KNOW

it's like you didn't actually watch the movie
even children understood the movie better than you

You're right. Criticizing movies is bad.

why the fuck did my post got deleted?

So you're incapable of actually having an argument and you insist that you aren't being a whiny bitch
just go

no
frozen and zootopia are still basically the same movie
>MC gets introduced to a new world they have never known
>Unassuming character who acts nice is the villain the whole time
>People ship the main two characters even though it makes no sense
>Threads lasted for 4 months longer than they needed to last because people are so autistic about it

>no experience before hand
It's not funny to pretend to be retarded.

Po is shown repeatedly as a big fan of kung fu and the furious 5, mimicking their moves and techniques (but having trouble doing so with his physique), the Master instructs him on how to control his body, allowing him to control it a little better. Similarly, as others pointed out Po's style is defensive in the movie, he does very little actual combat.