What challenges do contemporary women face?

What challenges do contemporary women face?

Other urls found in this thread:

bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=5366
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It depends on the region.

>women
>facing challenges

>What to wear

The boredom that results from not facing any actual challenges.

In general, I'd say Islam, an ever growing woman bashing religion that already affects roughly 800 million women.

How come feminists in say Sweden have never named Islam a problem?
I think you're full of shit

I wont defend the incapacity of some to see a problem and address properly, simply out of fear of being catalogued an "islamophobe". Fear isn't a rational counter argument to a problem.

In civilized western counties; literally none. In more athoritarian uncivilized nations like Iraq, Saudi Arabia, India, etc quite a few civil rights issues.

cutting their hands when they make sandwichs

There's a reason this matters. If a woman isn't dressed a certain way she catches more shot for it than a man. Usually from other women.

OMG I KNOW WHEN PEOPLE SAY MEAN THINGS ABOUT MY CLOTHES IT REALLY HURTS MY FEELINGS!!!!

Quite honestly user you sound like someone that gets easily upset and "triggered".

According to most academics (not just women studies department):
>not enough women in high positions because of traditional structure of family still ties women to childcare disproportionately to men
>gender bias by employers because of the former
>not enough women in STEM because old stereotypes and pressure that discourages them
>Rape affecting women (even outside of prison) disproportionately more than men
According to tumblr and women's studies:
>No easy access to/affordable birth control and abortions for all women
>slut shaming
>rape culture
>oversexualization of women's bodies (so going out topless is a no go) along with objectification disproportionately
>Employers hate women and won't higher them for high positions/ take them seriously
>pay gap because employers hate paying women fair
>Women can't succeed in STEM because of sexism
>Most things are still slanted towards the male perspective in society including media
>gender bias for diagnostics of psychological disorders like autism, anti personality disorder and borderline personality disorder based on stereotypes
I might have forgotten some things. You can just check a Jezebel blog for the rest.

oh yeah many in the places in the world women still can't go to school like mentions per region
Also sex trafficking my bad, but that probably just goes under rape

In non-western countries, the same as during middle age
In Western ones, they'll soon have to experience the result of bringing in millions of people with medieval mentalities

No I meant that people will base their judgements of the woman based on her fashion sense. Oh she dresses like that she is probably this kind of person. When people make assumptions about your character based largely on your appearance it becomes a problem especially in a corporate setting. For instance as a man we just wear slacks and a button up and a tie maybe a suit jacket depending on how high up in the company we are. A woman could wear any number of things. Oh she wears a suit and pants "she's too serious and is acting too much like a man" she wears a dress "Oh she must not be taking the job too seriously this isnt a goddamn fashion show "

Is also like to mention this is not even close to the biggest issue they face it's just something I've noticed in the office

>not enough women in high places

But let's forget all the other places, its OK of they don't share the burden the burden

>not enough in stem

Let's forget that they are attending school and graduating at higher rates and make up a good portion of medical science degrees

>rape effecting women disproportionately compared to men

What study did you get that from? There is still sex trafficking of young boys and sex slavery in prisons

I'm sorry you're right they really have it hard in our oppressive societies, I didn't check my priviledge when I posted before!

Can we please keep roasties out of this board?

Thanks.

If they are good looking? None.

>You will never see a female plumber's asscrack and fill up her pipes while she's repairing yours

Terrible test, the tyranny of time torments thusly!

yeah..they do form that perspective. You're judging that women's entire character and worth right now just based on how she's dressing. Then again, a dude who dresses trashy or has a shit load of tats and piercings can be looked at in a bad light too. They can also be assumed gay if they wear certain tings..However, no one assumes anything about how sexual active they are.

Why women are denied jobs as concrete and cement workers, drillers of earth and boilermakers?!?! Wow, humanity has not evolved, at all! I say give women 50% quotas for these jobs right now!

Other women.

Why only the good looking ones? Having a vagina is all that matters

For dangerous jobs women are still discouraged/raised to be against it in the first place you know...cause they are "weak". But that's a good point too. They should fight for that too if Always is making commercials about how women are discouraged from physical activity. pic related.

STEM includes things besides medicine and you know that...even in medicine there is segregation in some fields like surgery because of how time consuming it is; remember women are still expected to do more childcare when they have kids.
>still sex trafficking of young boys and sex slavery in prisons
DISPROPORTIONATELY. Even in prison.
Feminists wouldn't care too much of these things happened the same rate to men( though of course it would still be a general problem in our society that we need to address) but it doesn't.
This can be damaging to how one group views themselves, particularly in terms of objectification or rape(being more scared to go out and do things).

>Underrated post
Complacency is an awful thing

>Drillers of earth
What a badass job title

>cause they are "weak"
Why the apostrophes? Don't tell me you're one of those "womyn are just as strong as men!!" cucks. Just look at the olympics going on now and find one event where women outperform men

True, women need to start working to uplift/ support each other instead of being catty and part of the problem so you're not all that off.. I believe it was mentioned here though.

People being mean to them on the internet.

Well yes they are weak physically but you just answered anons question as to why they don't have women in those dangerous jobs then. I was waiting for you to say that actually.

>DISPROPORTIONATELY
[Citation needed]

Men are mentally better too, as shown in nonphysical competitions like chess, they should be kept out of the boardroom just like they are kept out of the dangerous jobs

Not really. If you're good looking you can get all the desperate rich men. If you are average you'll have to settle with something considerably less.

20% of women(1/5) vs. less than 10% for men.
bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=5366

My heart bleeds for them.

So for a woman not getting a rich guy is settling? Average women do just fine and even ugly ones have no problem finding husbands.

Ah yes the obligatory men's rights activist.

The kind of casual biases you see on display in threads like these, for one.

>cucks

Small price to pay to have the highest quality of life in the world

I had this argument with my ex recently. She tried to claim I can't find anyone now because my expectations are too high and that I ignore fat or ugly women, completely oblivious to the fact that even fat women on craigslist won't settle for anything less than a gym rat who pulls in six figures are year and owns a sports car, all while living like a Mormon (not smoking, drinking, doing drugs, etc.) It's ridiculous.

In the end though, some men are attracted to fat women or they will settle with fat or ugly women because their self esteem informs them they can't do any better or they're scared of dating/marrying someone who might leave them. On the other hand, there's no such thing as women who are attracted to shy boring beta guys with dad bods. It can be summed up like this: any flaws a woman has are interpreted as "quirks" which add to their attractiveness; any flaws a man has will work against his value. Multiple flaws in men compound to a point where they become unlovable.

Not to mention the morphological assortative mating going on now.

Smart and fit marrying smart and fit.

Dumb and ugly marrying dumb and ugly

We'll be more caste-locked than India, only with the added layer of social magic pixie fairy bullshit where such a society is representative of the gods of progress and democracy.

Literally nothing, not even kidding. Women are setup such that they can't lose in western society.

>any flaws a woman has are interpreted as "quirks" which add to their attractiveness;
Yeah my overweight acne scarred socially inept sister is generally accepted to be one of the most attractive girls in the area.

>completely oblivious to the fact that even fat women on craigslist won't settle for anything less than a gym rat who pulls in six figures are year and owns a sports car, all while living like a Mormon (not smoking, drinking, doing drugs, etc.)

I have to ask, do you honestly believe this is the case, that no men who aren't literally perfect in every way can get partners? Or is it just the fat women on craigslist who are like this in your mind?

And yet she can still make an eharmony account and get literally 25 messages a day (by EH's own estimation) by guys wanting to wife her

Exceptions apply.

Men are thirsty idealists who pretend to be pragmatists

Women are cold-blooded pragmatists who do everything to flout themselves as idealists.

And your sister can easily, so fucking easily, fix overweight. It's only hard if you're wedded to the idea that 95% of culture is actually worth saving and has actual value (it doesn't).

Really, because in my office this has literally never happened.

He probably spends all of his time on /r9k/

>And yet she can still make an eharmony account and get literally 25 messages a day
Well I dunno about eHarmony but I know she's tried OkCupid and POF and got pretty much next to no serious attention from men on either of those. Maybe she should have just been trying eHarmony.

It really does sound like it, it's crazy the sort of weird beliefs people who browse there as their main board come up with sometimes honestly.

Show us a picture of her face. Even acne-scarred whores can be hot with the right body. I'm certain if she lost weight, she'd get more hits. It's that simple.

No.

Then don't talk about your acne scarred sister snowflake. For most men and most women, the dynamic is women choosing men with the exception of those on top of the social pyramid who choose at will.

Post feet.

That has nothing to do with the subject of the argument

>For most men and most women, the dynamic is women choosing men with the exception of those on top of the social pyramid who choose at will.

Yeah you're right user, that explains why only 10% of men have partners, and why only the absolute perfect human beings are capable of being in fulfilling relationships with others.

Please stop posting /r9k/ shit as fact, you look dumb.

what's with the recent push towards filling a 50/50 gender quota, only butch lesbians want to be plumbers

I don't listen to human bullshit. I look at genetics and I'm fucking telling you, either women have short memories or they've been having children with way fewer men than any sort of consistent fidelity would produce.

People are cruel and ruthless and will use uncruel and kind language to excuse cruel and ruthless actions. That is human nature. Therefore, never take a conniving female at her word. Neither take a conniving man at his word either but such men usually have more deviational tells than a lying woman has from a truthful woman.

post your sister's face cropped and I reckon I could set up an account and be flooded with replies

choosing nail polish color
nowadays real challenges are presenteed for men, women only whine and sugar daddy government (or a particular sugar daddy) will run to satisfy their demands

>I look at genetics and I'm fucking telling you, either women have short memories or they've been having children with way fewer men than any sort of consistent fidelity would produce.

What are you trying to say? And the "I look at genetics" thing is bullshit, don't act like you have any knowledge about how genetics works, let alone enough to speak about it as an expert.

>People are cruel and ruthless and will use uncruel and kind language to excuse cruel and ruthless actions.

You really ought to interact with more people before you make sweeping statements like that.

That's another poster, not me.

>not enough women in STEM because old stereotypes and pressure that discourages them
they're free to take the pass tests since decades, do not blame men on women losing them

Women are genetic sluts and parasites. We need to put a Sharia-like system in place so as to salvage whatever is left of Western civ before it collapses, giving way to the real Sharia in Islam.

>You really ought to interact with more people before you make sweeping statements like that.

Military and homelessness. I've had my share of life experience, motherfucker.

People are only kind and generous in the presence of low-effort resources and in the presence of cultural homogeniety. You don't know anything about human nature until you see how it deals with scarcity.

>Military and homelessness. I've had my share of life experience, motherfucker.

Sure you have.

You got me, I'm a chinese WoW bot deviating from my programming to shitpost on a Kazakhistan obelisk.

>we need sharia to protect us from sharia

I said Sharia-like, retard.

See, the problem with women is that they don''t deal well with organizing heirarchy. Which leads to chaos in most work situations.

What drama happened could have been stopped by saying "Shut up, I'm the boss. Don't chatter nonsense around me.". Instead the boss wanted to be friends.

A fucking disaster. I'd rather have an asshole boss. At least he'd motivate me to get better at life.

Shoes.

What are the important distinctions between Sharia and your 'Sharia-like' system?

Islam.

>What challenges do contemporary women face?
Other women

/thread

This thread is how you lure the grils out.

Being unmarried and childless at 30 is a hell of a burden.

Not a single thing in the world makes them happy, so all they're left with is to ruin other people's shit, particularly other women's.

The viability of a woman's eggs degrades far faster than the virility of a man's sperm.

A woman having a child at 35 runs a massive risk of birth defects. A man having a child at 70 has an increased risk of mental abnormalities but nothing like the risk of a woman of 35.

>gender bias by employers because of the former
This has significant evidence behind it, though it varies from job to job.

That said, if you are a high flying executive in a fortune 500 company who "feels" like the CEO doesn't take you seriously enough or you suspect sexism is why you couldn't get into Yale and had to make do with Brown, you don't need any help.

Mainstream feminism has become the equivalent of panhandling when you're not homeless, then denying actual homeless people access to shelters because they have a penis and you're paranoid they might rape everyone.

mods are niggers

MODS = SODS

>unknown posts everywhere

What

Lurk more newkiddie.

thread from space nigger, you're in the presence of aliums

Moved from another board. See how all the posts lack IDs and the post numbers follow one after another?

thread was moved over from /his/

I still don't have an unknown flag, does this count or should I get it legitimately?

my enormous cock!!

If she's pretty the only challenges she faces are the retarded ones she makes up in her willy wonka explosion party female mind.

If she's average or ugly she faces the same challenges as men or is a liberal feminist retard

/thread

Broken nails and lack of interest from opposite sex

>mfw the ayy lmaos are invading again

this thread