I just caught up to this absolute overrated garbage heap of a "comic"

I just caught up to this absolute overrated garbage heap of a "comic"

How the fuck is this what passes as a genre deconstruction of the comic book superhero?

Why the fuck is it so colorful only to bait and switch with edgy blood and gore?

Invincible Thread.

Somebody cut to the chase and post the rape scene

Starting the thread off strong.

I don't lnow if I'd call it a deconstruction. It is hella overrated though I slogged through it finding it all painfully average.

I was mostly memeing with my OP post, I actually really like the comic, I will say though that all the shakeups to the status quo feels like it's just going to get worse and worse and worse without actually getting better. It's pretty much just going on and on into darker and darker territory without actually remembering the heart that it displayed in the early issues.

Is it overrated tho?
I always thought it was viewed like a Dragon Ball Z meets western comics, like the shonen are viewed in the anime industry. Mindless fun.

It was American DBZ. Which I was okay with, until the end of the Viltrumite arc. With them fading into normal society on Earth, that was a cool hook. But I felt like at that point Mark was too damn powerful for anything on Earth to be taken seriously anymore. And then they did the Eve pregnant thing, and the Eve fat thing, and I dunno man.

I just gave the comic up. It was good shit up through the Viltrumite arc though.

Should've ended after Viltrumite war, but Kirkman pussed out in not killing Thragg so there could be a reason for it to continue. What shocking and irreversible thing will he do to Mark next?

No one cared or talked about this comic until this issue was dropped, then it became a must read classic over night. I liked the crossover Mark had with Spider-Man, but beyond that it's pretty much garbage.

>No one cared or talked about this comic until this issue was droppe
Nigga what?

Where the fuck were you during the fucking months of "Murderman" threads?

I didn't care until praying mantis boobs happened.

I didn't care about saga until spider boobs happened.

That's because it's besically American shounen.

Third time brain guy came back was what killed it for me.

Fuck you, Oliver.

You've never been anything but an ungrateful, whining, self important, traitorous shit.

FUCK
YOU

Yea, Oliver is a piece of shit.

Robot is worse though.

>I didn't care about saga until spider boobs happened.
I know exactly how you feel.

I really like it. It gets pretty dark sometimes out of no where but I feel that's Kirkman just being sort of meta about super hero comic tendencies to do that.

So is she preggers? I fell off when marks dad became new supreme with viltrus and Earthers being buddies until robot screws everyone over

>preggers

Try raising his 5 year old kid.

You clearly weren't here for all the Viltrumite War HYPE threads and the amazing chain of storytime threads that resulted from it.

Those were some of the most fun I've ever had on Sup Forums.

Post pic, I gotta she this shit. Especially marks reaction

I don't think kirkman is that smart.

Mark doesn't know. All we know is she has his kid and another with a black guy who domesticated and feminized her.

>meta
No, Kirkman is the most generic comic writer of all time.

Don't think so nigga, the whole moral compass being like a roulette wheel, shit is fucking awesome.

Also called her kid marky

You're a crazy person. I've been a huge fan of this series since around the time that TPB #4 came out and have been buying in TPB format every six months since then. It's one of the series I get every one of my friends to at least try out, and most of them get hooked on it pretty quickly.

You're like one of those people who say "Alias is that series about Jessica Jones getting fucked in the ass by some nigger, right?" Because you see that one page get posted out of context and declare it to be the entirety of the story because it's all you're familiar with.

The first two or three years (say 6 to 8 trades) are basic DC/Superhero archtypes down to the Teen Titan group that Mark was in, except deconstructed and with added gore. The entire series IS just deconstruction and added gore up until they are in space for most of it, where it started becoming more about Mark, whatever the girlfriend's name is, the little insect brother (Oliver?). It's very disposable, I've read all the trades and I can't remember specifics because I don't really care, didn't find them interesting.

Not that it's not entertaining but it's popcorn. It's totally disposable. I'd never spend energy defending it on a board like this AND most people wouldn't either, face it user. These threads will never get the page view that a thread arguing whether Holland has the flattest ass of the live action Spideys, or about BvS and Zach Snyder raping everyone's childhood, etc. etc.

I fucking hate the bitchy artstyle on women. Also, fuck eva and her girl problems, pregnancy and shit.