People hate what they don't understand

People hate what they don't understand.

Be their hero, clark. Be their angel, Be their monument. Be anything they need you to be.

Or be none of it. You don't owe this world a thing.

You never did.

Has Sup Forums fully embraced Snyder's DC now? Do anons see the light now?

I haven't been here for a month, you tell me

Atleast the threads are better now than in 2016. Shitposters are less rampant and there is more discussion.

There are so many more memorable, meaningful, artful, and heartfelt scenes in just the couple Snyder films, than just about all of the Marvel flicks put together.

Anyone feel bad about the blokes on the Hercules? They get stuck in the phantom zone with a bunch of genetically bred warriors

Who cares about marvel?
Why even compare them?

Ah. I remember ghe shitfest when Ben was cast as batman. Now look at them.

>Hercules

hat?

>ghe shitfest when Ben was cast as batman. Now look at them.

It was enormously well received here.

>>Hercules
the c130J

What I don't understand is how Marvel fans complain that there's no jokes in any DCEU movies. They are not as plentiful as in Marvel movies, but there are still a good amount, even in Man of Steel.

Civilization's on the wane, manners out the window!

Lane Lo in the morning. Lola in slacks.

>You don't owe this world anything

Well, it's his adoptive homeworld and the only place he ever lived, where everyone and everything he ever cared about is, and is full of innocent people who it could be argued don't deserve to be exterminated...

Given you have the ability to intervene, I think Clark absolutely owes the world it's protection given that earth spent decades protecting him.

nice revisionism

Basically tons of retards were having orgasms and no one remotely intelligent got involved.

earth didn't. His parents did.

Earth didn't protect him, the Kents did. And they gave him the great blessing of choosing his own future. Superman breaks the pre-determined path of Kryptonians as envisioned by both Jor-El and the Kents.

that interpretation only works if you ignore how clark was established as genetically predisposed to be superman. Which means all the kents did was hold him back.

His parents are a part of earth though. What, was he going to save just Martha and the dog and let the rest of the earth burn?

Earth is Clark's home, and Ma and Pa Kent are the embodiment of that connection.

Wait, I'm actually not sure of your implication, as in if you're a Batfleck fan or not? Whatever the case, people were stoked here and he turned out to be goat.

>you ignore how clark was established as genetically predisposed to be superman
There was no genetical manipulation to Clark. He was a natural birth which also brings with it free will for Clark to choose his own destiny.

Clark wasn't born to become Superman. Clark becomes Superman based on his own free will as an individual with rational line of thinking. "The American way" preached and practized by Superman.

>genetically predisposed
he specifically was born without a purpose. He was given the freedom of choice by his biological parents, and his adoptive parents shaped his outlook on life which eventually led him to find his father and become superman

If his parents were genetically manipulated clone stock then clark was just a bit of a randomized mashup between them.

Not to mention the scene at the end of MoS with young clark playing around as "superman."

Earth is also my and yours home. Do we therefore pursue the destiny of saving Earth? No, we are (hopefully) given that choice and we can make a decision based on our own wills.

Superman is not a slave to his fate. The red cape is of his own will to wear. He isn't a product for a greater goal. He is the greater goal.

>guy wears a cape for one second while playing with his pupper
>this means he will become superman.

Also saves a bunch of kids from drowning despite his father's opinions on using his powers.

I'll be the first to tell you I thought it was a bad idea. I really liked all his directing, but I didn't really take him seriously as an actor until his later work like Argo. But he absolutely blew me away as Batman, he was such a good fit.

then why doesn't he save his dad?
he was raised by good people, which is why he wished to do good.

>this is your home, be their hero
>or you know, do what you want, I'm not your mom

His Kryptonian parents weren't "Supermen" either. Jor El was a scientist. There was no "Savior of Humanity" class on Krypton.

Also, foreshadowing is not evidence of genetic predisposition. Why would you even think that? It's an extremely common narrative tool, it's not something exclusive to Man of Steel, and it's obviously not the point the film was trying to make.

>Not to mention the scene at the end of MoS with young clark playing around as "superman."
That was him playing around as an in-universe comic book hero.

That inevitably brings us to the next question: where do our actions come into fruition? Within us and outside us in a complex interplay. The boy Clark plays around as a hero not because the film wants to say "he is born to become Superman" but rather that child Clark has something in him that might lead to an age of wonders. This is what Jonathan sees looking at Clark. John is seeing everything that Clark one day might become. It's also why he does everything in his power to keep Clark safe. Because he knows Clark is developing a personality that will put a great responsibility on him. So he gives him the opportunity for a normal life. Knowing how Clark is, John does everything he can to make sure that when the day comes, Clark can Choose whether or not to become Superman. John wants to preserve that choice above all as he believes it a fundamental right of every human, especially his son.

because his dad told him to let people die rather than use his powers

did you even watch the movie or just read the idiotic infographics?

His father was right. Clark deciding to become a hero had to be something he was ready for. Imagine him, at 16 revealing his powers to the world and people starts worshiping him, or worse, they turn on him or the government turns on him and inadvertently harms his parents? You'll have a kid with the quantifiable powers of Godzilla pissed off at you.

This.

Wat ate you on about new fag?

his mother and father were clearly both empathy types as evidenced by their decisions to attempt to save the corrupt and useless civilization that bore them.

Sure, they gave birth to a retard, but she was over 50, so that's understandable.

using those powers would draw attention to himself, and dad was right as far humans being freaked out by something different goes. After superman comes out and destroys zod, the world argues about what to do with superman, and that he needs to be controlled. It is only at the end of BvS does the world realise that superman put his life on the line to save the world and died in the attempt.

I liked how the movie just skipped the teenaged rebllion phase clark would've gone through, in which he would have become the insane godking you're talking about.

the problem with all of this is, ya know
>humans
>controlling superman

>your face when Snyder had to sacrifice his first adopted chink child to make this kino

>Superman literally dies

What the fuck????? Are you serious? Im so glad I didn't watch that trash then

I feel like it takes effort to miss the point of a film this hard. Even if you honestly believe everything you're saying, the film is not subtle about info-dumping you on how the point of Clark's birth is to allow him the freedom to choose his role in life. Like, that's not some foggy "up-to-interpretation" thing here.

You're stringing together an alternate interpretation at best and--far more likely--just missing the point on purpose.

>superman
>died

you realize this confirms you're a paid shill, right?

Remember the argument they had just before the twister arrived and the last thing Clark said to his dad was, You're not my father. Clark was tired of playing it safe and wanted to use his powers, to show others what he could do.
Either the world had to be ready for something like Clark or Clark had to be ready for any ramification that might occur. At 16 he wasn't there. At 33, during the events of the first film, he wasn't there either but then here comes Zod and suddenly he's thrust into the forge whether he's ready or not. He still saved lives though, albeit discretely.

With great power comes great responsibility, cunt.

The film attempts to force the idea that clark has free will, the problem is it doesn't really give much rational for this and far too strongly establishes genetic predispositions to roles and ideologies.

He had a big hole in his chest, he got a funeral and everything. To the world he lives in, he died saving them from doomsday

Dumb marlel

>dad I don't have to listen to you!
>let me die son
>okay dad

If you guys respected the movie so much you wouldn't use it as argument fuel and make fun of detractors.

>The film attempts to force the idea
Do you even read what you type you fat marvel manchild?

Who gives a shit about the world in the DCEU? It'll do whatever the writers force it to do.

What the audience saw is
>superman'll be fine ya'll!

This isn't how Clark would have been raised. Snyder is a edgelord hack.

I like how whenever you have no counter arguments, you fall back to brandwarfare, despite you're the one and only entity in any of these threads mentioning brands or brand loyalty.

Do you want your parents forcing you into a particular life?

The only person alive on there was maybe that old scientist. But it'd suck ass for him yeah

DA SUPER HERO MOVIE HAVE A SERIOUS THEME, SERIOUS RELIGION THEME AND BIG WORD. U DONT HAVE TO BE DA HEROO, U AN ALIEN BUT IS GOD REAL?????? - KINO FAMM, SNYDER OUR GUYYYYY FUCKIN HEHEHEHEHEHE SNYDER HEHEHE KINO. DC EU BOYS @ SNYDER WW@ HEHEHE

Yes because we know Marvel is so embarrasding and infantile now you shills don't even dare mention it here out of fear that ass raping is coming your war.

Also no, the film doesn't favor determinism over free will. You missed the film.

wouldn't you rather have a moronic nurture vs nature debate? The door is wide open for that. And it makes these threads look just kinda retarded, rather than intensely.

There were people around, and here's this huge tornado that could very well head straight for Martha. So what's Jonathan to do, risk Clark being exposed and all his fears being realized and what if the tornado headed towards Martha. It was headed straight for them or did you miss that part. Whose to say where the Tornado would have went, whose to say what would have happened if humanity began to worship Clark or what if they turned on him? Was Clark, A 16 year old at the time, up for it if things went sour? I don't think so. I think Jonathan made the right Call and you and other detractors are not only wrong but you're apparently just a little bit too stuck on stupid to see that he did.

>justifying bad writing with what-ifs
>using what-ifs as justification of anything
are you a woman or retarded? I can't tell.

Damn marvelcuck is mad now. How many hours of your life are you spending today on this? Be honest.

>woman or retarded

whats the difference?

I'm multi-tasking!

And the colonel. Guess faora is rewarding him for his good death

Cringe

Ah yes, I love the deep metaphors and symbolism when he said
>DYU BLEED
>*snarl*
>GHYOU WILL

No, you're just stupid. Everything Jonathan said supports what I said. Everything. Literally everything. Clark Asked him, "What was I supposed to do, let them die?" and Jonathan answered, "Maybe." What does that tell you? Jonathan isn't looking at a few kids drowning, he's looking at the bigger issue, a kid with the power of a god like one walking among them freely. Clark as a child could level an entire city in a day if he wanted. That's how powerful he was. So Jonathan was scared shitless of all the what ifs that undeniably haunted him. Another thing he told Clark,"Whatever type of man you're going to be, a good man or a bad man, that man I believe will change the world. So you have to be ready." Was Clark Ready at age 16 for any and all ramifications being exposed might bring? He probably wasn't. You however keep overlooking that because you're looking at Clark with a view askew; through lenses of all that came before him. This isn't Smallville, so that bullet time deus ex isn't here. This isn't the motion picture or Return so he's not nearly as strong as Those Supermen Were. This is a new guy, not as strong as the movies, and not as skilled as Smallville's Clark.

does anyone have any orange slices?

So you're ignoring how clark is literally a god and nothing humanity could ever do could so much as impede him, much less be a threat to him

in a superman movie.

Hopefully it's some super pussy.

Every time someone posts dialogue from BvS or MoS, it makes me laugh.

Its such awkward, almost random sentences strewn together.

It's so fucking epic man. Pure Kino. Snyder our guy. delete this board

post your shitty cartoon dialogue then nu-dcuck

You completely missed his point you literal retard.

He legit mentions him being a god and no one stopping him. Maybe you should take a break from shitposting for awhile hombre.

I'm bringing the party...

To you!!

*skyscraper is destroyed in the background*

You realize having a character acknowledge something like that, then do absolutely nothing with it, just makes the writing worse, right?

>b-but Marvel
SEETHING

Just because clark had the physical capabilities of a god, doesn't mean that he had the mental capabilities of being one.

I don't know what it is about a boring fucking superhero like Superman that triggers the absolute autism in people on this board. What a mystery.

No it makes you an illiterate monkey. Read that post again. Use Google translate if you have to.

I don't see how this post is a party????

the crux of your shitty argument is superman is not superman and somehow being 16 (and still being played by cavill) implies a different mentality, despite the fact the movie doesn't hint at this at all, due to either poor direction or poor writing.

You're using outside information (your childhood) to plug holes in a narrative that is nothing but holes.

the fact that we even have a small sect of people who love the DCEU here proves that Sup Forums has shit taste and should never be trusted

You are still illiterate holy shit. I can't believe thick people like you actually exist. Are you reading off a script or something?

You aren't making a sound argument. Possibly because you don't fully understand one more aspects you're attempting to bring to serve your argument.

But you're defending the DCEU, so this follows.

Said the increasingly nervous marvelcuck 12 times just this thread.

you realize you're saying raising letting clark be superman at 16 would make him crazy, but raising clark to not give a damn about people at any costs would not.

No argument. Kindly read And actually respond to it. Don't rely on that shitty pre-made script of yours. It's not helping anyone.

But he's not Superman though. He's an alien who happens to be on par with a god. And at the time of the incident in question, namely his father dying, he wasn't mature enough to see his way clear. Or at the very least the film says his Father isn't sure he's ready for the ramifications being a hero might cause. Remember when he saved those kids, one of the parents called him an angel of God. Now imagine millions of people calling him that. But what if the American Military gets antsy and infer that maybe this angel might be an alien of some kind, Let's destroy him and his traitorous parents for harboring this alien. Then what?

he clearly does. He saves people all the time, but he doesn't do it in uniform

I've defeated literally every aspect of that post. You can stop linking it.

Or is this the tactic? keep repeating yourself until people realize you're just a broken record and stop replying, and then repeat it again, as if it hasn't been torn to shreds?

You haven't defeated shit but masked your ignorance and illiteracy with insults.

But his dad didn't say that. He said to be sure, he never said, "The hell with all of them!" No, he said to be sure "You're Ready." As in, "Be sure you're ready for any and all cost revealing yourself might incur." That's all. Be sure you're ready for not only the good parts about being a hero,but the bad parts, the seedier parts the notoriety might bring.

Perhaps I should clarify. Callling clark superman implies he has all of the implied abilities at his disposal, which the movie establishes he does, from preadolescence.

So all the what-if hand-wringing you're inserting into the pa kent character is ultimately less than meaningless.

Your vaguely autistic pedantry doesn't really change the fact that after clark saves a bus full of kids from horrible deaths, pa kent yells at clark. So the scene is essentially a kid doing what he thinks is right, and getting yelled at by daddy.

But that's what the movie says though, It says Pa-Kent is terrified of what might happen if his son exposes his existence to the world. That's why it's not called Superman. It's called, Man of Steel! He's Clark and then he's Kal who simply wants to return to what he was, a wanderer saving who he can from the shadows. But thanks to Zod he's thrust into the limelight and has no choice. You're kinda forgetting the entire bit about this being an origin story and not him being Superman from birth.

Heroism should be an act of will, not obligation. Ma Kent wants to spare her son the pain he's going through. Telling him it's okay to be a person first.

It's the most real world mother stuff ever

>You're kinda forgetting the entire bit about this being an origin story and not him being Superman from birth.

The last shot of the movie, with clark playing as superman, establishes he literally was superman from birth.

Again you're over looking the established reservations his father had, the very reservations that defines Clark for most of his life. This movie was so perfect though because every reservation that Clark still carried into manhood was beautifully and masterfully told. You overlooked that part when a mother of one of the Survivors called Clark an Angel? Of course you did. But that's one of the reasons Jonathan feared his son exposing himself because some will call him a savior and may take to worshiping him, or associate him with God but then there's others who just might look at him differently and say he's either a devil, demon or maybe he's an alien who is the first among many to undermine and destroy our way of life.

I'm not overlooking pa kent. I'm intentionally dismissing all his reservations as ultimately useless and meaningless. As the movie establishes clark's genetic predisposition to be superman and the kent's upbringing as teaching him to deny his nature.

But he wasn't Superman until he willingly became that at the end. That's the point of the movie. He didn't start off as Superman, he was simply The Man of Steel able to jump tall buildings in a single bound, but through a series of events he became a hero. That's why this is an origin movie.