What if Tiamat was the villain of the reboot Ghostbusters franchise

What if Tiamat was the villain of the reboot Ghostbusters franchise.

Woudln't happen as Tiamat is female.

?

Just going by the cartoons alone there were so many possibilities:
>Samhain
>Boogeyman
>Cenobites
>Cthulhu monsters
But instead we're getting 3 movies of rehashed shit including Zuul/Gozer. By the way is the IDW book worth a read?

Making the logo ghost the villain was a stroke of genius.

Yep, because why figuratively castrate a fine film when you can do it literally?

Your smug anime girl isn't subtle enough. I almost took the bait.

6/10

>But instead we're getting 3 movies of rehashed shit including Zuul/Gozer.
seriously, while Gozer is iconic, three movies to build that shit up is stupid.

Where is this coming from?

Spoilers I guess Ok so the villain is some loser asshole with a ghost machine who dies and does the CHOOSE THE FORM shtick and becomes the ghost busters logo, so they pretty much spent the Gozer token joke. After credits scene is them listening to audio recording during the fight and a ghost mentions the name Zuul. So yeah they have ZERO original ideas to go ahead on this extended fucking franchise and theyre milking the original for all its worth

I don't think they will even manage a sequel.

Well, they did lose china. So probably. toys are all on clearance to

>Some loser takes the "choose the form" joke
>The Stay puft marshmellow was a balloon
So...what can they do for Gozer? That's literally like all his personality.

I hate to break it to you, brother, but that's literally the climax of the film.

They cross the streams right into the Mascot's benis

You mean in the new movie?

Yes
Also Slimer has a girlfriend (who basically looks like Slimer in drag). And they hit the GB lobo in his balls.

The movie is pretty sexist against dudes. Other than Hemsworth and the delivery guy, every male is an antagonist and they beat not-Staypuft by shooting him in the dick.

How is trapping Chthulu in a ferris wheel and electrocuting him somehow more badass than shooting the ironic form of your symbol in the balls?

It hurts to ponder.

Would love a ghostbusters story time, maybe the turtles cross over?

Wait they fought cthulu in the new movie.

>How is trapping Chthulu in a ferris wheel and electrocuting him somehow more badass than
I don't need to read past that to answer your question. It's because trapping Cthulu in a ferris wheel and electrocuting him is fucking badass.

No, that was the cartoon

>Kylie will remain obscure but won't be tainted by appearing in this terrible movie

Id like to see more toys frankly but Im okay with this

It's sad really, one of the leads really loved ghostbusters too.

eehhhh too weird lookin'
I need more Human in my females.
I can't get off to Edgy Nether-Medusa.

Get out.
Although I agree since she has those scales going all down her tits. I'd like some softness there instead if hard scales ya know?

some user posted all IDW TMNT. and Ghostbusters cross-over was there too. It must be in the archives now.

Sooo... is the new movie any good?

Judge user said it was and this one woman I know raved about it for the better part of the day after she saw it, but she also loves the movie White Girls.

Do you like Adam Sandler and Pixels?
If so then yes. Because it's basically a female Adam Sandler remake of the original movie. Complete with fart jokes and ball punching jokes.

Gozer has been used so often already. Time to get something new.

This always happens with reboots. A big mythology gets built in an expanded universe outside the movie, then another movie shows up and erases everything.

The thing about Hollywood is that movie makers generally only like movies, so they don't care about anything else.

You're aware Judge user is a full blown feminist SJW right? Why do you take opinions from obnoxious wannabe internet celebrities?

I like scale tits

Hey now, Judge user has better taste in comics than anyone in this thread combined, and what he doesn't know about 80's comics isn't worth knowing. That said, I've no desire to see the new Ghostbusters movie - nothing against anyone who made it, but the whole thing smacks of a cash-in.

No

Don't let the Fresh ratings fool on Rotten Tomatoes, most of the review just amount "Your sexist if you don't see that movie"

I heard the movie was doing garbage at the box office anyway. Nobody even casuals want to see it.

How do people feel about the Ghostbusters International series? I have yet to check it out, but i'm curious, I enjoyed the first two ongoings.

Also, saw the new movie last night, I thought it was...okay. Villain was weak, even though I liked the nod to the logo, some of the jokes were cringey and groan worthy, but I liked a lot of the jokes too. Lesley Jones wasn't as annoying as I thought she would be from the trailers, and Chris Hemsworth was great. Pacing was fucked and they didn't do much actual ghostbusting until the end, so that was a bit disappointing, but overall I thought it was fine. Maybe i'm just easy to please, but whatever.

It's an enjoyable read.
The art of the latest issue is not that great