GOTG Vol 2 Concept Art

Kinda figured Mantis wouldn't be green

>baby Groot

Lame.

>Mantis

HOLY FUCK!!!!!!

Also is Nebula switching sides or is she going to be some sort of double agent?

>Star-Lord still not wearing blue
One day
One day

Dammit cant we just get imposing Ent Groot already? Comic Groot would have been fine by now. Well at least we get Mantis

So we can have two blue people on the team but not two green chicks?

Too confusing for the average MCU audience.

>Comic Groot would have been fine by now
Do we know when this takes place?

The same day Richard Rider exists in the MCU and actually has powers.
So, never.

Nice mém, but apparently the Fox audience can't handle blue either.

>mantis
>not green
>wearing shoes

Mantis wasn't originally green.

She hasn't always been green you know, and she has worn shoes before. What are you on?

>Yondu and Nebula joining the team
Did anyone ask for these two?

Yeah she was Vietnamese, but I'm willing to bet that she's going to be completely alien in this movie like Drax is

This, so if they're going to make anyone not-green to differentiate, it would be her.

I know but I have my preferences. Also she was green during her time in the Gotg and barefoot for most of her existence.

Looks like the team is going to be huge. That's accurate to DnA Guardians.

>huge
I'm counting 8 people.

>Also she was green during her time in the Gotg
Gunn doesn't always hew closely to DnA portrayals. His Drax had a bit of pre-Annihilation Drax, his Star Lord mixed in Annihilation and Star-Lord origin story elements, and his Ronan was more in line with the earlier, more villainous and fanatical Ronan, like in "Live Kree or Die". It doesn't mean he's not respecting the comics, but he does draw from a wider swath, so I feel like by this point, people shouldn't be that disappointed it's not a 1 to 1 adaptation of the 2008 series.

They are going to Earth in this movie, so maybe they pick her up there.

>They are going to Earth in this movie
Is that what Gunn wanted?

Trees and rodents aren't people

The DnA Guardians had, like, 12 members before Adam Magus killed most of them

Drax is also green so you'd have three green people it's too much.

But she's got antennae
Kind of a grey-green really

By that logic aliens aren't people either.

so is Mantis just gonna be a straight up alien then? I guess that's easier. Hopefully they just don't dwell on it much.

they gotta get her speech idioms down right though. really push for "This one.."

He looks more grayish in the MCU than green.

This might be Gunn's final movie because when people ask him about GotG vol 3 he says he doesn't know if he will return since he only planned a story for two movies.

So he might want to wrap up Peter's personal story and have him return to Earth in a meaningful and emotional way before Infinity Wars does it in a very throawayish quip "Hey guys! Boy I am on Earth again! WTF is dubstep?! and iphones?! Where are the cassettes?"

I mean, they did the same to Drax. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with Mantis.

I hope she ends up with Peter, it would make for a cute and weird couple.

People really liked Nebula's design but thought she was underused in the first movie, so this seems like a response to that.

I'm gonna say they herofy her.

Green is green

>Mantis
cool

Adam Warlock and Bug when?

Can they use Bug? He was a Micronaut wasn't he?

>Well here you go, my friends. First bit of new concept art featuring the Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2, first revealed by our friends at Entertainment Weekly. Drax, baby Groot, Yondu, Star-Lord, Mantis, Rocket, Nebula, and Gamora. Art by my wonderful pal Andy Park - this image led us a lot as we were developing the film. I can't wait to show you guys more of what we have in store for you... stay tuned for San Diego Comicon announcements next week! #GotGVol2

James Gunn says they can't, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Is Yondu flying? Can he fly by holding onto his arrow while whistling?

Seems legit. He better learn to whistle while breathing in or he's going to be experiencing some sudden drops in altitude.

she's rather disgraced with Thanos right now and he didn't seem like he takes failure lightly

I guess they could find a way to work with her

That Rocket armor looks worse than the orange vest thing.

Why can't he just have something along the lines of that instead of a baby sized version of Quill's gaudy chestplate?

Maybe he's jumping down from somewhere?

According to Gunn on FB, the chest plates are 'aero rigs.' Probably to allow them to fly.

It's a jetpack

same as quill

why can't we have cool uniforms

Why would they have uniforms? They're not in the military.

micronauts rights don't belong to marvel right now IIRC

Oh. I guess it makes sense to have them a bit bulky then.

Though I do agree with this sentiment. What happened to stylish blue? ;__; Or Ravager Red if they HAVE to distinct them from the Nova Corps.

That I can understand. What is confusing me is Bug. From what I can gather Marvel created Bug. So logically he should still be available for use in the comics and movies, unlike, say, Rom, who was a licenced character that they can no longer even reference.

Lets see how good this movie turns out to be since the original was based on Perlman's script so this can be better or utterly shit.

>Why would they have uniforms? They're not in the military.

because they're a super team and uniforms look cool

They're a super-team of people who probably can't afford uniforms anyway.

>le underdogs

They stopped being underdogs after taking down Ronan the Accusor. They should definitely keep at least some form of a uniform, even if it has to be the ones from the end of the first movie.

>stopped being underdogs
How? What does that even mean? Where does the money come from? Have they ever had uniforms in the comics?

Loving Mantis' skirt.

I'm still a little miffed that they made the Star-Lord symbol into the Ravagers symbol.

>They stopped being underdogs after taking down Ronan the Accusor.
They're still an independent small ship's crew of people going up against empires and tyrants and galaxy-destroying threats. They're staying underdogs.

>NO ADAM WARLOCK

>How? What does that even mean?

They have gained the respect of their peers

>Where does the money come from?

here's a reward for saving the galaxy. Also here's some work for the saviors of the galaxy

>Have they ever had uniforms in the comics?

Are you new?

Rocket basically wore the same thing Star-Lord did and all their costumes had matching color schemes but beyond that not really

>How? What does that even mean? Where does the money come from?

It means the novelty of them being ragtag super heroes with mismatching colors doesn't work as much when they're an established super team. And unlike the Avengers, the Guardians adopted a uniformed look after they all got together. It made sense for them to mismatch then (and I'm assuming they still do except for Mantis and Nebula which are newcomers) but they took down a threat big enough for bragging rights and to be considered a team.

That's fair, I just mean in terms of presentation.

B o y . . .

Like all they need is a matching color scheme. That's it.

Poor Jack Flag

You were better off in space

>Are you new?
Y-yes.

>Richard Rider is going to be back
>Bendis is going to leave the GotG
>GotG vol. 2 news and the characters look good.

Is it safe to hop back in the Cosmic hype train?

Let's wait and see who's writing Nova first.

How do I into Nova anyway?

We don't know who is writing Nova, Marvel or Bendis haven't confirmed anything despite the "Epic Finale" thing

That said I wonder if Nova is being considered as a MCU movie, I can't see the current Marvel Comics regime bringing Rich back for the fans and him being in the AA game also happened a few days before the leak happened... Probably means nothing tho, I mean the Tbolts got a push too in the comics and games and so far we don't know nothing if it was because of a planned movie.

I guess we will know this coming SDCC.

Why include the non-canon Silver Surfer: Requiem?

The more people keep posting this list, the more we're gonna get posters who complain after watching the movies when something adapted from earlier marvel cosmic comics, that isn't in this list is shown, because they think it's "Not true to the comics".

That's why we have this list

Because it's good.

Wasn't someone making a list for more obscure non-Annihilation era, non-Thanos cosmic stuff at some point? Stuff like Peter David's Captain Marvel run, Silver Surfer vol.3, etc.

I don't know. The Thanos one at least can be an entry point into Captain Marvel and Warlock's runs though, out of the two of which, Warlock I really liked, and Captain Marvel was sort of okay when Starlin was writing it.

>Because it's good.
That may be but it doesn't lead into Annihilators in any way
>Wasn't someone making a list for more obscure non-Annihilation era, non-Thanos cosmic stuff at some point? Stuff like Peter David's Captain Marvel run, Silver Surfer vol.3, etc.

I'd like to see this

I hope Yondu doesn't die in this one.

>That may be but it doesn't lead into Annihilators in any way
None of those have anything to do with it, really. I guess they're just to give an introduction to Bill and the Surfer to anyone who might not be familiar.

I hope we see some of the other original Guardians.

>I hope we see some of the other original Guardians.
Process of elimination has kind of pointed to Starhawk being Peter's father, in some form or another.

>tfw you will never have a beer with Gunn and talk about comics

Dude seems super chill

There needs to be a classic Guardians list, rewatched the GotG movies after having read some of the 90's and 70's stuff and noticed some references that Gunn put in there and other stuff, also it becomes really obvious who Peter's dad is from Meredith's description of him and the fact that Gunn named that certain character his favorite character.

Yep that one becomes pretty obvious.

Meredith's description of Peter's dad "An angel of light" Starhawk's powers are light based and he has wings made of light

The fact that Rael said Peter has DNA of a really powerful and ancient being, Starhawk is crazy powerful and I guess Gunn might have given Stakar the Hawkgod's (who is an ancient being and the source of Stakar's powers) powers and background for the movie.

Yondu calling him a jerk, Stakar is an asshole in the comics (so was the Hawkgod BTW) he would do things like ditch the team in a dangerous situation, be cryptic about things, was always one step ahead of the team but didn't bother to tell them, had his own agenda, was rude, the answer to everyone's question was pretty much "I am the one who knows" etc...

Also Gunn has said that Starhawk is his favorite character and in another interview he mentioned that his favorite character is in GotG vol. 2

I mean casuals are still stuck on the Adam Warlock and StarFox theories but mostly because they are parroting other comic book sites, but I don't think it's any of them.

For starters in a video interview Gunn was asked about StarFox being Star-Lord's father and he got confused and thought that the interviewer was making a joke about the StarFox game, so it's definitely not StarFox (unless Gunn was dodging the question but from how he reacted I don't think so).

And he doesn't seem interested in Adam Warlock that much even dismissed his cocoon being in GotG as him just having it there as a prop (could have been lying about that but then again Gunn isn't really one to lie about those thing).

So yeah it's Starhawk.

I don't think we're ever going to get Adam Warlock. Vision pretty much took his role in the story, and it would be redundant to have two brooding guys with Infinity Stones in their heads.

>I mean casuals are still stuck on the Adam Warlock and StarFox theories but mostly because they are parroting other comic book sites, but I don't think it's any of them.

Agreed
Adam Warlock: Gunn has been quoted as having a bit of regret about including the Warlock cocoon in GotG, because it gave people the impression that he was part of the story, when it was just intended to be something visually cool to have in the collector's display.
Starfox: Got brought up in a radio interview before the first one, causing Gunn to say "Starfox? Starfox has NOTHING to do with the Guardians of the Galaxy." So that one's pretty unlikely.

looks even shittier

>Baby Groot
CUTE
>Drax and Quill looks like more of the same
Dammit. Nebula, Yondu, and Mantis are welcome, though.

>before Infinity Wars does it in a very throawayish quip "Hey guys! Boy I am on Earth again! WTF is dubstep?! and iphones?! Where are the cassettes?"
>Doubting the Russos and their team

because they're really going to spoil that in concept art

>people shouldn't be that disappointed it's not a 1 to 1 adaptation of the 2008 series.
People should stop acting like the 2008 series is all that exists, too. It's even worse when Dick gets mentioned. Everyone loves to worship Annihilation Nova, but people rarely mention anything before that. They blatantly skip the character backgrounds and development that existed prior to DnA

This looks... Fucking awful.

>NO HELMET

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Is that so? I'm always fondling Annihilation's balls because it's the culmination of years of character development for Nova, dating way back to the original New Warriors, I thought that was the case for everyone.

What's wrong with it?

Space street clothes and no attempt at adapting their costumes, also, just plain bad design choices, that chestplate on Star-Lord is fucking garish.

Looks good.

Starhawk is super lame, though.

Do we know what the SDCC MCU panel will be about? I'm guessing GotG, Captain Marvel actress and director and maybe Spider-Man?

I'd love for them to announce something about Infinity War. Maybe the full cast list.

Captain Marvel is really far away still, user. Probably Doc Strange, Guardians 2, Thor 3, Spider-Man and maaaaybe Black Panther.

Well yeah I don't expect much info about the plot, but actress and director are possible. They announced castings and director for Black Panther and they're both released in the same year.

Luke Cage stuff, GOTG, AOS, new Doctor Strange trailer, and Spider-Man.

Yeah, a lot of peolle did.

SDCC MCU panel will probably be
>GotG2
>Carol actress
>Thor 3 news/hints
>Doctor Strange 2nd trailer with more magic/Rachel McAdams ass
>Spider-Man teaser/information
>Black Panther possibly
>Reveal for the actual names of Infinity War 1 and 2 (Holding out on Infinity Gauntlet and Infinity War)