Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

First look at mantis edition.

She's skin-colored. Cool, that should solve the two green lady diversity issue.

She looks pink

Green Mantis is best Mantis tho

She looks regular skin coloured to me. Maybe slightly greyer.

Yeah, but without Amazon-Gamorra with a distinct silhouette, they'd be too close.

>Yeah, but without Amazon-Gamorra with a distinct silhouette, they'd be too close.
Not my problem or concern.

k

>Nebula with heroes

10/10

Groot for best Bobblehead

>or concern.

Then stop crying about it, faggot.

That's not a bad line up. Hopefully we'll get to see some actual character development from their personalities in the first movie to this one. The biggest mistake they could make is to repeat the same character dynamics and interactions from the first movie.

better quality

Nebula and Yondu are joining up or are the blue people just along for the promo pic?

She's a greenish-greyish.

Steve Englehart must be happy his waifu is about to become huge

This was my idea for Mantis' design half a year ago. Everyone was like
>"they'll never give her those eyes, it's too creepy"

glad she seems to have the black sclera

Damn Yondu's head fin got a lot bigger

Okay so where are they? Can we deduce anything from the pic? Is the structure back right something we know? Knowhere? Xarth?

>that cunt from Doctor Who is going to be in the sequel
Fucking WHY
She had at most five lines of dialogue in the first and she failed to act with each one.

Gunn's response to a similar question on Facebook:
>"Yondu for sure. With Nebula, well, you never know what's up with that one."

Because they have to set her up for IW of course. Also, she looks cute AF, so I don't mind.

For those moaning Mantis isn't bright green.

I swear to god, if she has a major role in Infinity Wars I'll kill someone

Preferably yourself.

Bendis is still going to be on Guardians when the movie drops, right? Wouldn't it be hilarious if the movie has him develop closer to pre-Bendis characterization, and Bendis just suddenly halfasses a change to more serious.
Or shit, what if they pair him with Mantis in the movie, will he break up his shitty self-insert OTP?

No you won't, you'll just cry about it on the internet.

What's Yondu holding? His arrow?

Why do you hate green women?

His magic wand.

Why wouldn't she? She had a big role in infinity gauntlet, why wouldn't she have a big role in its adaption?

Can't wait for the X rated version.

>She's skin-colored. Cool, that should solve the two green lady diversity issue.

But now we have two skin-colored people. How am I going to tell them apart?

>another le quirky no social graces alien character
>more meme music confirmed
>baby groot to sell toys

Yeah Ill wait for the redbox

When's Gnardians 2?

I want Howard the Duck in a role bigger than easter egg.

>Three "girl but slightly off-color" characters.

Boooooo.
We need more characters with weird designs.

5th May 2017

yeah, let's put you're mum in it the movie
lmao

>skin-colored
>regular skin

Wow, you racist shitlord.

>Mantis isn't barefoot
And into the trash it goes.

Why did Gamora steal Scarlet Witch's AoU coat?

this

good to see that Gamora's costume still is hot trash

>still wearing red
>not in any sort of matching uniforms at all
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

That's not even the right jacket.

>Mantis is not green
>>/trash/

Go to bed, Englehart.

I'm cool with Yondu and Nebulae on the squad. I mean why not?

>he said he wouldn't repeat the same gags
>pretty much setting up Mantis to repeat all the muh unknown Earth memes gags
>and Drax and Gamora awkward interactions gags too
LOL

Damn, looks like it'll be just as bad as the first. I had my hopes up too.

>Guardians of the Galaxy
>bad

Any last words before I give you your (You), user?

>yet another long-awaited minority superhero covered in alien makeup and given weird skin color

Marvel will pay for this. Trust me, once DC shows their hands in terms of diversity and female empowerment, Marvel will fucking pay as everyone turns against them for their constant bullshit.

what?

>Where' your hispanic superheroes, Marvel?
>Here's two, see they just happen to have green sink but they're Hispanic under there trust me

>Where's your asian superheroes, Marvel?
>Here's one, see she just happens to have pink skin and antennas but she's Asian under there trust me

no one gives a shit

Sigh

another MCU movie ignoring comic cannon

Great...

Not now....but wait til Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman are out, then the differences will be glaring.

>Guardians of the Galaxy
>anything but garbage
I was so disappointed with the characters, the story, and the designs. It felt so generic.

(You)

Anyone else excited by Star-Lord wearing more armor? If they slowly keep adding more of it maybe he'll have his full DnA outfit by Infinity War.

>more armor
it's just a jetpack

Doesnt this nigga have jet boots?

It also clearly comes with an armored breastplate. If it was just a jetpack it would have straps or something.

>Yondu joins the Guardians
HELL YES
>Nebula too
...what why?
I mean I see Yondu redeeming himself somehow but not Nebula

She's a gurl.

Oh yeah I forgot women can't be truly evil and shit because that's a men only thing
If she doesn't end up betraying them at the last minute I'll call character derailment

>"We'll leaf it at that for now"
JUST FUCKING KILL ME

The big question is

will Starlord finally get a helmet over his head?

look at this contrarian lmao
summer truly has arrived

No

God fucking damn it, James, get your shit together!

It sure has with you defending that dogshit movie.

Of course, but he won't stay with it the whole movie.

And it also has straps if you look closely.

Yeah, they should've totally spent the first half of the movie establishing that Mantis is actually a vietnamese prostitute in a plant body and do the whole celestial madonna arc even though this is a seperate continuity. That wouldn't have derailed the movie at all, wouldn't feel contrived and would in no way make the universe feel small or undermine Star-Lord's character arc. In fact they should just do a direct adaptation of every Marvel Comics issue ever made.

>Nebula too
Gunn said her motives of teaming up are more unclear than the others. She's probably just using them as a way to get to her 'father' and exact revenge, perhaps leading to a more subtle version of where she turns her back on all of them to get at Thanos.

>In fact they should just do a direct adaptation of every Marvel Comics issue ever made
I really want to see a direct adaptation of avengers #1 done with full effects and makeup. It would take more than ten minutes, add it as a bonus feature on the blu ray

>She's probably just using them as a way to get to her 'father' and exact revenge, perhaps leading to a more subtle version of where she turns her back on all of them to get at Thanos.

>tfw Nebula kills Thanos in Infinity War 1 and becomes the final boss of the MCU

I want this now, Thanos jobbing hard after all this buildup would be amazing.

That user was correct though, Guardians was a really shit movie. All those lame jokes and terrible acting and raccoon angst and shit dance-off ending made it agonizing to watch.

Just kill yourself and save us all the trouble

>no blue uniforms

I am disappoint

I was hoping they would

kys

Guardians is aging like milk, everytime I rewatch it, it gets more and more cringy.

but why

Red Herring? They all mistrust Nebula but it's yondu who fucks them over?

>Everytime I rewatch it
>The movie sucks, it doen't stand the test of watching it 200 time

I hope Groot isn't in baby-mode the entire movie.

I'm hoping we'll get a scene like this once he regrows.

Every night I pray for the fullhelm.

For what it's worth, I bet you the Based Russos will be the ones to do it for Infinity War.

That sounds like a really dumb and lame Joss Whedon-y twist

Joss Whedon does not hold the patent on red herrings, mate.

I can't imagine nebula carrying her comic role in IW. I think Loki might take both hers and Mephisto's place as a pain-potato. If they even do something similar to the comic.

Huh, so those leaks claiming how Mantis, Nebula and Youndu would join the team turned out to be true. What else did they say?

>>tfw Nebula kills Thanos in Infinity War 1 and becomes the final boss of the MCU
>>Marvel spends all this time building up Thanos
>>Marvel Studios fucks them over

Because she can't fucking act.

They were originally going to have it in its full magnificent sailfish-ness but Rooker couldn't fit in any of the smaller sets without scraping it on the roof.