Homestuck

Is Roxy truly a Mary Sue, or is she just competent amongst a cast of over emotional retards?

every character is a mary sue. complex personal issues were a mistake

The latter, but she wasn't written particularly well for a main character, given her main personality flaw is just suddenly gone and her secondary flaw is glossed over. Despite that it's more a case of lost potential rather than mary suedom. She was still an enjoyable character who added positively to the story, she just featured heavily at a time when the previously interesting characters started to become much less interesting due to the aforementioned poor writing from Hussie.

bump

Hussie probably had more planned for her but then said "fuck it" and just rushed to the end

>rushed to the end
literally cannot believe real people consider homestucks ending rushed in any sense of the word. you must be fucking delusional

Aren't Mary Sues self-inserts the story would jump backwards in the plot just for them?

She is just a good character.

shes not a mary sue shes just perfect

>literally cannot believe
Here's your (you), now kill yourself.

Yes. And Roxy fits that description, you shit-eating waifufag.

Roxy is just smart about using his powers.

Dirk could rend the souls from people's bodies and Jake's Hope powers literally do anything, but they were too gay and angsty to do anything with them

Her (and rose's) alcoholism was unrealistic.
Painfully clear that Andrew wouldn't know an alcoholic if he saw one.

Actually, quitting cold turkey is not uncommon

Quitting because a mean old cunt broke your booze, however...

are you retarded?
Roxy looks nothing like Andrew, acts nothing like Andrew, and Andrew already has a self-insert: Andrew Hussie.

>Actually, quitting cold turkey is not uncommon

That's not what I mean. I mean the actual alcoholic part of being an alcoholic. Behavior and such.

>who is Rachel Rocklin

>we will never see pre-retcon Karkat, Kanaya, Aranea and the doomed Gamzee ever again

"Rachel intimidates Hussie and ghostwrites Homestuck" is not just delusional, it is a tired old meme. Seek help.

In terms of time actually spent on it by Hussie himself, it certainly seems like it was.

Jesus christ, you're thick as a brick.

Andrew based Roxy's personality after Rachel.
Just like Jade and Betelgeuse

U spelled spider8itch wrong

>that autist who has to drag vriska and karkat into every conversation

Never forget

Spider8itch is just a dumb plot device that everyone hates.

>implying they liked her on the frog platform
Even John retracted his stance on her after she jumped to the dreambubbles and mentioned her dead-last on his speech. Only Terezi sucks her cock, though.

>The autist that puts low quality bait

But he didn't mention Karkat at all.

>that autist who gets triggered by another autist and needs to mention them all the time

This is gonna become a full autist discussion right?

>the autist that argues with autists

>implying it matters if character like each other or not because it has no affect on their interactions.

>the autist who posts in hst

>the autist is you

>the autist who read all of homestuck

>yfw you didn't actually read all of homestuck

John is the worst character of all. The only quest that was actually personal for him, and had real emotional impact on him, was the idea that he'd face JACK.

Hussie saw this problem and tried to do some kind of beef with Caliborn and John but it was conjured out of thin air over fucking nothing and fell flat.

By the end of the story, there was absolutely obligation to actually care about any characters. Nobody had an actual solid personality and and trace of a personality had no affect on their actions.

John was the worst with this though

>john thinks vriska is dangerous
>lets her come back to life

>john hates Betty Crocker
>john suddenly no longer hates Betty Crocker

>john thinks troll women are psychos
>doesn't change any further interactions with troll girls

>john gets retcon powers
>doesn't bring his dad OR ANYONE ELSE back to life

>John at the end of game over feels he's failed as a leader
>does no leading at any point in the story after

john is a non-character. a ness or a link. thats the point of him. it works fine

too bad homestuck is a dialogue heavy comic and not a video game

Problem Sleuth had more personality than John.

homestuck is a dialogue heavy comic specifically about fleshing out and making 'real' videogame tropes, including character archetypes.

>including character archetypes.
No it doesn't.

The characters are all derivative of internet stereotypes or people who play video games.

>carapaces
>classpects

>literal game constructs
>concept that has no baring on anything other than a heroic title

carapaces are literally 2D npc archetypes turned into 'real' people

I wish Nepeta Projector would stop being embarrassing in these threads

>Nepeta Projector
You mean nepkat user?

>no they aren't archetypes, they're archetypes

video game archetypes != internet archetypes
read the conversation, mouth breather.

>john was the only one who did his personal quest in detail
>had no personal issues to get over
now that's an injustice, but even worse is
>rose's recovery from alcoholism didn't involve roxy in the slightest

I HATE JOHN. I HATE DIRK. AND I HATE CALLIOPE.

LUL

>>rose's recovery from alcoholism didn't involve roxy in the slightest
VRISKA

>New Vriska didn't involve old Vriska in the slightest

Vriska would NEVER...

>tensei originally wrote cascade to line up with the descend animation
>the point where the red miles destroy the frog is the same point jack uses them to kill the armies in descend
>the sad strings when jack carries off dead jade is at the same point in descend where jade is flying through prospit and sees jack overhead for the first time
>cascade literally means pouring down

how did i not realise this shit

>kanaya's chainsaw turns into lipstick because she's a lipstick lesbian

how did i not realize this shit

If kanaya is a lesbian why is she sucking my dick right now?

because youre forcing her to!

nuh-uh

i can see your hand holding her hair and pushing her head down! shes crying!

Those are just beads of sweat
Besides, she likes it when I run my hand through her hair

then why are her hands on your thighs, trying to push away as hard as she can with her skinny arms?

her arms are not pushing, they're on my legs so she can steady herself as she bobs her head up and down

>The trailer for Homestuck Adventure Games used DANCE of THORNS as its BGM
>Joey Claire the main character's ability is DANCING
>Joey Claire translates to JC
>Jesus wore a crown of THORNS
Where were you when Hiveswap was confirmed MSPA kino?

im vriska

angel died to bring back bowman

Proof????

Are we still mad about the ending?

Forever and always.

All troll females have dicks so she is just sucking you off in a gay way

>people saved the abomination collage

Makes me proud to have contributed.

>none of the kids save John do their quests
>terezi is fucking missing
>English is beaten by VRISKA in some absurd vague way
>Jade did literally nothing
>trolls were pretty much useless in the fight
>what was the point of Kanaya
>etc.

We just shitpost about the ending at this point.

her tongue looks like a dong

What if the Epilogue never comes? What if we end up like Harry Potter or Starwar fans after the Prequels? Forever cucked, stuck bitching about an imaginary resolution to a story that will never come. Existential rot.

Considering Hussie deleted his add on about the epilogue that seems almost likely at this point.

Also Dave.
They both like irony, shitty webcomics, and fucking Karkat

I was never mad becaus eof it.
I was just in utter disbelief how shitty and abrupt it was

OH GOD. ROSE YOU ARE AN AMAZING BULGE POLISHER.

hahahaha! who needs proof to make a claim on Sup Forums! haha!

A lot of characters and plots were suddenly dropped, so yes, it was.

the last intermission is a fucking novel of its own. in which nothing happens for hours upon hours of your time. nothing about it could possibly be described as sudden

>it has a lot of words so it can't be rushed!
not how it works senpai

>its really long and nothing happens
>it takes years and years to make
wow andrew really rushed the ending! if only he'd taken even longer it would have been good!

>it takes years to make
>implying he was even working on it solid for that time
reminder that he drew a majority of fast n loose within a month after not doing anything for most of the year

all of the best parts of homestuck were about as rushed as anything could possibly be. how the fuck could rushing be a problem in the context of homestuck. this comic is built on rush. slap it together, upload it, and don't lose momentum. acts 1-4 were rushed. act 5.2 was rushed. the ending isnt rushed it just fucking sucks.

those weren't rushed, they were just fast
the difference is basically everything post retcon is built to railroad towards the ending, thats where you end up with shit like squared sprites just explaining why jade got fucked over or arquius setting up the grist rigs on everyones behalf

or Vriska making Dad's wallet "just in case" and using it to captchalogue the Earth so that Jade can hold it just like she did before the retcon created that plothole

>everything post retcon is built to railroad towards the ending
>thats where you end up with shit like squared sprites
you have to be fucking joking

squared sprites were used to rush concluding characters yes
wait, wasn't jade asleep until after vriska left? when could she get earth from vriska?

the whole purpose of the squared sprites was to justify dropping the pre-retcon character arcs

If dressupanon is here, there's transparency issues with the wings and armpits. Basically, the armpits are white instead of transparent so you can't see the wings through it.

They're not actually gaps, they're in the place of black lines where black overlaps black. Pic related, see the other trolls' clothes.

The latter.

She was a decent character on the top of a pile filled with shitty characters.
The Alpha kids(except Roxy) and pre-scratch trolls were shit.
The Beta kids were once good but became shit.
Cherubs were more so plot devices than they were characters.

vriska gave the wallet to john before she left

Fair enough. I still think it looks a little strange though.

>Implying Dirk wasn't the best Alpha kid.
The Alpha kid felts so muddled and lacking in characterization; Jane, Jake, and Roxy just kind of blur together with all of the characters (especially the original kids) in the story with their traits. Dirk was the only one who felt unique, new, and interesting.

It's OK if you like Roxy, it's bad if you think she's a good character. Pre-scratch is probably the exact opposite. Good characters and concepts but horribly wasted.

Post scratch trolls were the same thing as >Good characters and concepts but horribly wasted.

Jane and Jake had interesting concepts too but they were so underdeveloped.

A bit unrelated, but it seems a coup d'etat by the army. has happened in my country.

I am pretty fucking scared right now