Batman #3 Preview

This seems a little more like what we've seen of King in the past rather than the most recent bat-issues

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/750465456046125056
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The watchmen panelling noice

>it's a Danny Miki inking an entire issue (but the cover) worth of Finch pencils episode

Finch having different colors and inkers has improved his work dramatically imo

>normies still think 3x3 is Watchmen

disgusting

But he and she are still shitty writers

Apparently DC finally listened to fan complaints about Finch's recent art so they hired better inkers.

Is so much better

>PISS PISS SMOKE SMOKE

It's still mediocre

What would you say you think of King's run so far?

jesus christ

A huge letdown. I'd rather take him doing more 12 issues experimental series than Batman. Thank God Sheriff has a second volume already approved.

Hope for weird stuff: twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/750465456046125056

>Like, piss is still piss.

Can we stop the slobbering praise now?

Guys, what if this kid and parents aren't some random kid but actually Bruce and his parents and Batman just traveled back in time to save his parents? This story line just got pretty interesting. I bey Gotham is him from the live parents timeline and Gotham Girl is the little sister he would have had later.

Martha isn't blonde, it's a different family

It's clearly a different family, the woman is wearing a gold necklace and not pearls

Would you say that he pissed away his goodwill?

L.E.G.I.O.N. or bust

Guys, remember Batman's origin? Guys? Do you remember? His origin? Here's a call-back to it, in case you don't remember, his origin, I mean.

Do you think King would give us hot female on male rape or just reference it?

I think they would just reference it.

I don't really care though, I just want more Vril.

Preeeeeetty sure that guy's dead.

>ad for the upcoming movie on the cover of the comic

God I hate this shit. It's not as bad as they sometimes have been in the past, but it's just ugly.

He's just sleeping. All tuckered out.

For what purpose? If someone is buying a comic book, he's already aware of the movie.

Tom King could write an amazing Vril.

Especially when it's still on the Comixology version.

I knew it couldn't be Martha as soon as they showed her necklace because it didn't have muh pearls

Honestly it does help me because I didn't know the release date just that there was a SS movie coming out "soon". At least it is small though unlike on that Grayson cover.

Some kid's going to start Batman with Rebirth and flip his shit when he sees them using the word piss so many times in this issue.

It says rated T, maybe his parents should monitor his entertainment consumption if he can't handle it

People that say this are idiots that have never been knocked unconscious before. I've busted my head 4x and I'm alive.

>blood on the wall after being slammed directly into it

He's extremely hurt if not brain damaged at this point. All the swinging around isn't going to help either.

Gotham and Gotham girl are reincarnations of Bruce's parents.

Again you are an idiot. Blood doesnt equal brain damaged or being dead. Like I stated I've busted my head multiple times and had to get stitches and there was way more blood than that and I'm fine. Maybe get in a fight sometime so you won't be so god damn soft that you think any injury is gonna severely hurt you.

Can we fucking close off that fucking alley? Fucking hell

But then how would Bruce make his annual trip there to be really sad?

King really loves those nine panel grids.

God It Looks So Bad ..urg.

t's so shit I'm sorry.

To be fair, that monologue is an homage to Watchmen.

Horrible - What a fucking joke.

I was about to say Joe Chill got fucking dench

This is getting better with every new issue. I'm glad I gave it a chance.

It's the only great Rebirth comic so far. Most of them are fine, but Batman is the only one I'd recommend as being really worth buying.

Green Arrow is better than this shit you pleb

ho kay

I feel like Green Arrow gets a little more credit than it deserved because everyone went into it with lower standards compared to Batman, and because it's doing the opposite of what the show did.

Green Arrow has the better art but writing in Batman is much more interesting.

Things are actually happening in Green Arrow at a decent pace, Batman's so far has been glacial.

I think King is just feeling Batman first, taking really slowly to get the character. I mean, it's his first Batman story. Maybe in the end of this issue he kicks off with the story, but now this is going slow.

It's really not going that slow. He set up the theme in the first issue, the main players in the 2nd, and we will probably get some backstory in the 3rd.

Yeah.
You can compare with The Vision series, when the first edition something great is already happening.

But here, what you have? In the first number, Batman meet these two superheroes that want to protect gotham. What happens in the second? Nothing?
It's just slow. The history is not bad, but it's slow.

What? The 2nd set up the main villain. What are you talking about?

That's Bendis's Civil War 2-tier pacing.

No it's not. Do you even read cape comics? You usually dont see the villain for 4-6 issues.

For all the faults in Snyder's run, that wasn't one of them.

What? Snyder's villains took forever and homolusted over the heroes.

Hahhahaha, so glad I abandon this horse shit after #1. Cannot believe co is still stuck on king and his watchmen fetish.

not by much

Okay. Don't be an ass. Watchmen made that paneling work the same way Authority used Widescreen. Its not wrong to give credit to a style without being pedantic.

>it's a "show Batman's origin/allude to Batman's origin" episode

bleh? I mean honestly I liked Grayson, think Vision is cool, hated Omega men. I was fully prepared to go either way. I think its too Omega Men and not enough Grayson, which had Seeley bringing him a bit closer to the ground.

Or at the very least an ALIEN one.

Not the damn point. We hear all this shit about muh expanding audience. Maybe make it so a parent won't explode.

He is a watchmen fag.

Where's muh Tim Sale variant??

what's wrong w/ omega men? im genuinely curious to see a dissenting opinion on it

fuck it I'll post it myself since it's GOAT

That's not an argument.

I wish he did more interiors

Long ears are shit. Cmon Sale you don't always have to do them.

Yes, yes it is. Stop putting shit into your flag ship title that keeps people from buying it. Case in point. Don't fucking shoot yourself. Not helpful.

The dialogue was torture to read at times. He does it awkwardly at times because he thinks it is more realistic. It gets grating after an issue. The plot seemed convenient at times. Its supposed to be this realistic world Sinestro alone with a Yellow power ring took over a space faring race. Kyle is the white lantern. They shouldn't need massive armies spending days killing each other. Kyle should be able to swoop in and kill anybody with that ridiculous thing.

It had its moments but I didn't like the scripting, which is a knock on King, and the tone, a personal complaint on my part and not a flaw. Beyond that the ending fell because the minute Kyle got his ring back there was no real way that he couldn't have done whatever he wanted.

i mean i naturally disagree but you have articulate points so props

> Kyle should be able to swoop in and kill anybody with that ridiculous thing.

This is even more evident when you think back to his days as Ion. He went back to a planet that was going through the same thing the Vega system was albeit on a smaller scale and essentially stopped the war by making guns cease working, bombs not explode and all types of other shit. Then he just left a copy of himself there to watch the whole time in case anyone had any funny ideas.

Thanks.

That's true. Which was more powerful, White Kyle or Ion Kyle?

Ion probably. It was the distilled power of Parallax after he died and all the GL power that was left after Emerald Twilight. Wasn't really much he couldn't do. White Lantern seems OP in theory but we haven't really seen anything to say that.

i think King should not use dialogue boxes

this is nothing like omega men, as far in the other direction as possible

kys pleb, its a fucking DCYou comic. any complaint that relies on previous continuity or the wider universe is normally dumb, but in this case its especially dumb

>any complaint that relies on previous continuity or the wider universe is normally dumb

Oh bullshit, that's apologist talk. Omega Men was interesting but there is no need to dick ride that hard when he turned Kyle into a completely different person.

where is the yellow of the batman symbol on the chest?

I can see why it might take too long for him to do so on a regular ongoing but I would give anything for more consistent Sale interior work.

I agree whole-heartedly.

>No!
>Bad criminal! Go think about what you did!

Sup Forums is impatient

I want bronze age pacing back.

>considerthefollowing.jpg
Have you ever seen someone survive a head injury resulting in that much blood or more?

I deserve to be impatient.

what does that have to do with omega men?

Yeah. Have you never been to an ER?

Blood just loves to spew out of your head when you get an injury. All things considered, if that guy actually sustained a head injury, then that amount of blood is virtually nothing

there is literally nothing worse than decompression

Considering Batman is a detective book itd be retarded to have him confront different villains every 2 issues. Maybe read a different character like Superman if you want that.

I wasn't into Kyle going native.

Also it should've been a Guardian debriefing Kyle, not a us general.

Mysteries do not require you to stretch something out to the point where each installment is unfulfilling on its own. You should at least be able to appreciate each issue as a piece to the puzzle rather than feeling as if they're needlessly dragging it out.

>Also it should've been a Guardian debriefing Kyle, not a us general.

Yea, that was a big problem to me at the end. Kyle is extremely weary of giving his identity out especially considering the government had his girlfriend accidentally killed to get his ring.