"You give me a time and a place, I give you a five minute window. Anything happens in that 5 minutes and I'm yours...

>"You give me a time and a place, I give you a five minute window. Anything happens in that 5 minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything happens a minute either side of that and you're on your own."
Wait so what if they finished early? Would he really make them wait a minute before letting them in?

was this a blue valentine sequel?

it just means that he dips after 5 minutes

Not sure how you're coming to that conclusion from the quoted text.

>"5 minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything happens a minute either side of that and you're on your own."

>Anything that happens in that 5 minutes and I'm yours. Not matter what. Unless you take more than 5 minutes, I'll still wait, but I'll be uncomfortable about waiting.

It would be impossible for them to finish early because the timer starts when they start the job. Are you literally retarded?

He used to be a prostitute. QED

Yeah, I'm not English but i don't know what "either side of 5 minutes" means. Sounds like he wants them to get in the car at exactly 5 minutes.

Either side of 5 minutes = Implication of before or after five minutes exactly.

i dont remember much about drive but did he really need the money that much to risk jail time? wasnt he doing fine with his mechanic work?

He never cared about the Money, he just liked to drive

Stop trying to analyse Drive from literal perspective, Refn got hired to adapt a shitty pulp novel, subverted it's tropes and turned it into a cinematographic masterpiece.
The Gosling's character that should've been generic silent badass protagonist transformed into what he would've looked like in real life - troubled autistic psychopath.
It's the point of all of his later films too - take shitty premise and fill it with impossibly good visuals while twisting the story around.

Actually I was confused about this too, but then I realized that he mean if anything happens on either side of those 5 minutes, and not the last minute.

>OP's confusion stems from thinking if "anything happens a minute either side of that and you're on your own" that if they don't get there exactly at exactly 5 min, he's fucking out of there
>What he meant was that he wouldn't be showing up early, or leaving late. Basically they literally have from 7:55-8:00 to get in the car.

So... it was a modern day Dirty Harry? Or Unforgiven?

Wow. Maybe.

Completely unreasonable business stance. In reality he'd be unable to compete with more customer-service oriented drivers in the market and would end up jobless.

This came out before blue Valentine

Basically he drives them around for no more than five minutes

before his 5 minute time window, or after his 5 minute time window, he has nothing to do with you.
essentially you have 5 minutes from when he gets there to when he leaves, or he is gone

I never finished the movie. Someone spoil the ending.

he has a day job

He drives

The Driver was so much better than this movie.

The driver drives off

He doesn't take responsibility for them not being ready within the predetermined five minute window. How do you not understand this?

He gets a buzz cunt and lynches a nigger

>"You give me a time and a place, I give you a five minute window. Anything happens in that 5 minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything happens a minute either side of that and you're on your own."

>buzz cunt

??

>>"You give me a time and a place, baby, I give you a five minute window. Anything happens in that 5 minutes and I'm yours, baby. No matter what, baby. Anything happens a minute either side of that and you're on your own, baby."

Wait what did I say?

sequel when?

Did you guys actually watch the movie? Or even the opening scene? His job is being the getaway driver for the crime. He drives them to the scene. If anything happens before they get to the scene, he abandons them and they're on their own. Once they get there, he gives them five minutes. If the job gets blown in those five minutes, he'll get them out of it. After that, he drives them away. If anything happens while they're driving away - after the five minutes - they're on their own. Remember when he dropped the criminals at the basketball stadium and walked off? He abandoned them because the cops caught on after their five minutes.

He kills the guy that stabbed him, leaves all the money behind and then he Drives away while crying

Have you read the actual script?

It's dogshit, I'm surprised Refn actually managed to salvage it

Kills Albert Brooks and gets stabbed doesn't take the money, Driver drives into the night, implied never to see Irene again, and open to interpretation if he survives the bleeding or not. A Real Hero starts playing again

What's the best song and why is it Nightcall?

What exactly did those guys steal at the beginning that was so important to the cops?
Also what happened to the robbers after he left them in the parking lot?

He waits five minutes total. If they take longer than five minutes, he leaves. If they do something that requires him BEFORE the five minute timer starts, he leaves. The point is that he is strictly a get away driver.

he drives away from everything, it was really poetic.

>I drive

What did he mean by this?

Tick of the Clock is my favorite mostly because it's like a modern rendition of Force Marker from Heat (the last bank heist theme).

hard to drive in prison tb h

Wrong, it's implied he waits five minutes for the crooks to steal stuff, and then he drives away. They just didn't want to show a full five minutes of the Driver staring at his watch. It would take a lot longer than five minutes to drive all the way to the stadium.

That was fantastic too

He'd just hijack the prison bus

you're falling for bait dammit

Wtf lads I'll watch it then.

Do it. Seen it a dozen times already and it's still good

It was less a general rule and more to do with the beginning heist. He needed to get to the stadium at the exact time the game ended. Getting there earlier would have fucked him over

> drive thread
> Not a single greentext story

You fucking nigger, I said the exact same thing that did, AND I said it before him. How come you didn't give me that (You)? I fucking deserve it.

Jesus Christ on a pogo stick. Outside the five minute window he ain't fucking there.

Why do you think it's called a 'window' anyway?

If you finish early you better find a spot to hide so have a plan to hold off whoever because you'll be standing around waiting for your ride with your dick hanging out.

Drive get

Sorry bro here you're deserving (You)

>go to Drive thread
>wearing my new scorpion jacket and driving gloves
>scrolling through and having a good time, just chewing my toothpick
>some fag complains about a lack of greentext and he doesn't even post his own greentext story
>wait five minutes and then tell him to go back to r*ddit, or I'll knock his teeth down his throat and make him go back myself.
>real human bean starts playing

>Anything happens in that 5 minutes and I'm yours.

that clearly implies leaving early if the client requests

i don't think Hugh Jackman would have been as good.

i think he just fucked up and meant to say "anything happens outside of that and youre on your own"

So if the job takes 10 minutes to do, this guy's not for hire?

it just adds immersion to the movie because irl people always say shit like this that doesnt really make sense when you think about it

ie, "I could care less"

It's assumed that he's one of the best drivers available. He competes by being extremely good at what he does, so good that the customer ISN'T always right. Just like if you go to a high end bar you can't whip your tits out and piss in the trash can, they don't need your business. Some other driver could offer coupons for all you can eat BBQ wings and a handjob, but if you hire them you get fucked by the cops.

There was a line in that movie where the chick asks him what he does and he responds
>I'm a driver
Such a wasted opportunity, just ducking say "I drive" goddamnit REEEEEE hopefully there's a directors cut

Post times you were like Baby Driver.

>be me
>drive all around the town
>something something autism
>something something toothpick
real human bean
;__;

Driver in the book isn't silent, he talks a lot more

>drives an automatic

Correct.

Did no one else actually see the movie? He was planning around the stadium game, listening to the game on the radio, he put on the SPORTSTEAM hat and everything.

I watched it for the first time last week
>my face when he offers a toothpick to the kid
And during all those years I thought Sup Forums was pulling my legs

nice post, regards

>nofap for two months
>hire the driver
>he sets his watch
>pull out cock
>blow a load in Ryan Goslings mouth

He did say anything

He means he shows up at presumably a set time. If you need him a minute before he is meant to show up, you're fucked.

why the fuck would they want to be dropped off at the football stadium? that was a last ditch effort because they got busted.

It's intentionally left open to interpretation. Personally, I have a few theories but find trouble settling on one

My god, you are stupid

>be me
>be the baby driver
>I drive, baby
>make a cutie grill fall in love with me through sheer charm and facial movements alone
>she agrees to run away with me within literally a few days of meeting her because I'm such a hot piece of cock
Wait... this is getting unrealistic

no, I understand that it benefited them to make their getaway during a busy sports events because it's easier to blend in, and they may have planned their getaway during that time for that reason, but there's no way he could have timed the five minutes with the game ending since games can go multiple extra rounds. the 5 minute comment was regarding the wait time for when they were looting whatever it was they were looting.

>be me
>drive all around town
>something something drift
>something something eurobeat
die in a fiery crash
;_;

>didn't bring the toothpick

thats not what it means, you moron.

they stay in the car as long as it takes for them to escape. he is referring to the pickup time

It means he's okay with whatever they plan on doing during the window, but he's not gonna help them at all, besides getting them away from the scene of the crime.

Have you guys ever realized that the name Drive has multiple meanings, the second being his motivations, what literally drives him.