What if the CW went full New 52 and relaunched all of their shows?

What if the CW went full New 52 and relaunched all of their shows?

Flash: Season 1, Green Arrow: Season 1, Supergirl: Season 1, etc. Not start over from the beginning, but a reboot in the style of the New 52 where everything is similar, but not exact.

Arrow Season 5 Episode 1: Rebirth

Supergirl can still be saved. It didn't ruin it's own mythos or characters. It was just kinda boring.

This. Arrow needs Rebirth not new 52.

Don't even have to retcon anything.

Felicity just goes back to hacking and being female Diggle, Diggle does Diggle things, Black Canary is replaced by her exact Earth-whatever counterpart who lived in a nearly identical universe except she's not dead (destroyed by Flashpoint or whatever), and Speedy or Arsenal become Oliver's Robin.

They wouldn't do this. For one the Olicity fans would throw a hissyfit over all their romance being retconned. I mean look how much they whined to get Felicity's potted plant back in the show. Having all their favorite scenes retconned into not existing would make them go berserk.

Also they'd have to bring Laurel back and you just know they're not gonna do that.

It would be ratings suicide. You know how when comics reboot/renumber you get that big #1 boost and then sales plummet? It would be like that on a much grander scale. The premiere would be good, but it'd reach cancellation levels in a month or two.

But that's a good thing. They'd end up killing themselves.

>They wouldn't do this. For one the Olicity fans would throw a hissyfit over all their romance being retconned
They're basically already doing that in Season 5.

>hissyfit over all their romance being retconned
Nope. Olcity will still be the prime romance and focus of the series.

>it's a "fans still think Arrow can be saved" thread

How does s3 suck? I watched it and honestly didn't notice too much wrong.

>Felicity just goes back to hacking
What is she doing instead?

Why can it not?

Blaming Arrow's problems on elements that can easily be retconned is faulty because the underlying problem is the quality of writing. To fix that you'd need new writers. The writing on the show has never been that good, but the drastic downturn in quality during the third season should have been dealt with before now. That it hasn't suggests it never will.

My brother.

Oh yes!
Redo The Flash first season with half the episodes so less filler, less bullshit drama, less hugs, a good script which develops each characters and let the actors shine more often...

Make the show good most of the time as opposed to the good from time to time of the first season.

This is a great idea, will never happen because of how tv is structured.

Not unless SG dumps ALL the lesbiany cuck shit. No more bitching about white male privilege. No more movie embargo bullshit. (Doesn't make sense with the movies and SG set in different universes.)

Maggie Sawyer is a bad move because they aren't going to be able to do anything with her. She has to be a unicorn without flaws or else the gays will bitch.

It is exactly what they need, but it has to be done right.

Supergirl needs a reboot too or it will end up canceled again. That girl power bullshit is boring and annoying

Yeah but why go for half measure. I like alternate Dinah, but Olicity needs to go. Dinah comes to a grief stricken Oliver and friends as a ghost of what Might have been. That's the emotional core of parallel earths. What could you have become, if things had been different. I'm more attracted to Earth two Arrow and Batarrow meeting up. I think that was the only good thing Earth Two did was that.

Flash has rebooted several times. At this point Supergirl could survive a reboot. Arrow....I really don't care if it survives or not.

agreed, but CW is the WORST network to count on. They live girl power. Like some bitchy sorority vampire.

Be fair. They still have Supernatural which kills off every female character of even mild importance. Except Jody.