The Wheel of Time

The long-gestating “Wheel of Time” TV series adaptation is moving forward with Sony Pictures Television.

The series will be based on the high fantasy novels written by Robert Jordan, the pen name of James O. Rigney Jr. There are 14 novels in total, beginning with “The Eye of the World” in 1990 and concluding with “A Memory of Light,” which was finished by Brandon Sanderson after Jordan’s death in 2007. They follow the quest to find the Dragon Reborn, who it is said will help unite forces to combat The Dark One.

Sony will produce along with Red Eagle Entertainment and Radar Pictures. Rafe Judkins is attached to write and executive produce. Judkins previously worked on shows such as ABC’s “Agents of SHIELD,” the Netflix series “Hemlock Grove,” and the NBC series “Chuck.” Red Eagle partners Rick Selvage and Larry Mondragon will executive produce along with Radar’s Ted Field and Mike Weber. Darren Lemke will also executive produce, with Jordan’s widow Harriet McDougal serving as consulting producer.

youtube.com/watch?v=hUQE0-G_GeU

>Sony Pictures
Stopped reading right there

but Sony Pictures Television made Breaking Bad and The Shield

Well shit I better start reading the books

giv aes sedai gf

>tugs braid
>calls you a wool headed idiot

What network will this air on?

*blocks your path*

Are those books any good? I don't play video games except for nethack and ToEE

Amazon

>ywn have a Red sister stomp on your testes
why even live

Hehe, better if you don't.

>Demandred practicing at the sword gym
>Almost manages to beat LTT yet again
>Reaches for his LTT brand protein shake, before he showers with LTT brand body wash and shampoo
>Goes home to his apartment just below the penthouse directly opposite a billboard with LTT's face on it

Lan will be Asian, mark this post

Lan will be Asian.

>it's a Fain nails a myrddraal to a wall through where its eyes should be episode
>it's a Mat crushes a guy's lungs with a quarterstaff stab then crushes another guy's trachea and they collapse on each other and scrape their feet across the floor until their death rattles come episode
>it's a merchant says howdy at a watering hole and Rand beheads her and her guard then uses the power to make their headless bodies bow to him episode
>it's a front rank of the Shaido exploding episode

>Asian man allowed to be manly and have a white girlfriend on American television.

Diversity is just code for "more black people" user. Hollywood thinks Randall Park and John Cho are more than enough.

However, pretty much every Shienaran from the first two books will look like scruffy Mongolians.

>it's a Mat spends an entire season chained to a bed being raped by a granny episode

Not amc?

Underrated

PREVIOUSLY ON THE WHEEL OF TIME

>Mat: Moiraine's kind of a cunt.
>Lan: To call an Aes Sedai a cunt is to challenge the sun.
>Rand: I wish she'd stop being a bitch to us.
>Lan: To ask an Aes Sedai to stop being a bitch to you is to beg the rain to stop falling.
>Perrin: I wish someone would respect me.
>Lan: To expect respect from an Aes Sedai is to expect fire to be cold.
>Nynaeve: *tugs braid*
>Egwene: You're a woolhead, Rand al'Thor!
>Rand: Gee willickers, Egwene, shucks. I'm gonna chant the names of dead girls now.

No, they just got the rights to show it.