What's the deal with this film? I'm not that much of a Carpenter fan...

What's the deal with this film? I'm not that much of a Carpenter fan, but at least Escape from NY and The Thing had a really nice look to them, the atmosphere was amazing, and the music was good. The scripts were kinda bad and jokey, but they were entertaining to watch. But I can't get past the 40 minute mark on this one. It's made after Escape and The Thing, and has a bigger budget. But the script is just laughable, to the point it feels like a B-Movie. It looks boring and uninspired and has none of the Carpenter visuals.The acting was always kinda hit or miss, but in this one it's bad across the board. Did he just give up, or was he cashing in on his name/ Kurt Russel?

>But the script is just laughable, to the point it feels like a B-Movie.

because it is

>the script is just laughable, to the point it feels like a B-Movie
Ya think???

You're not very bright are you?

jackass

Even if you disregard the script, it still looks like shit. The fucking snow sequences in The Thing look better that 40 minutes of rainy Chinatown. And it has like twice the budget.

It has a totally different look than The Thing because it's not a dark horror film like The Thing. It's lighter in tone, and the cinematography reflects that. Seriously, I think you may be retarded.

11/10 b8 m8. Congrats OP you're a master troll.

The look was completely on purpouse, the movie looks exactly how it does to match the actors tonally.

It was a bold move that paid off.

OP is a woman, I bet my life on this. Only women could not get something as obvious and awesome as Big Trouble in Little Chine.

I dont see the problem. its a dumb but fun movie. doesnt even try to be something else

Not sure if trolling, but it mocks a lot of american action movie tropes, that's the point if you watch it as an adult. As a child it was one of the greatest movies you could find on cable, in the 80's at least.

What is this a joke?
Neon everywhere.
>OP please KYS.

shut up, we love Big Trougle too, I watch it once every 2 or 3 months.

OP here
like what the fuck
a Comedy is a joke
since when was comedy a joke
why is it not the same as different movies with different stories.
but really I thought it was a parody comedy not a joke.

BTILC is comfy as fuck

just because you wear female clothes doesn't make a you girl, tranny

pleb

You shut your god damn mouth, Jack Burton saved ChinaTown!!@#@$E#$@R%#%R

Is this movie racist towards asian americans?

>It looks boring and uninspired
nigger, it was this film alone that inspired the world and art of mortal kombat

Big Trouble in Little China is one of my favorite movies of all time.

>I can't get passed the 40 minute mark
You're missing everything good.

BTILC is top tier Carpenter firing on all cylinders. Easily in my top 5 favorite movies.

>"with LIGHT comin' out of his mouth!"
>"you've got a problem with your face"
>"are you crazy, is that your problem?"
>main character is a cocksure fuck up
>excellent characters
>fantastic production design
>great character design
>that fucking soundtrack
>suzee pai
>fun and comfy as fuck

Anyone who dislikes this movies takes themselves too seriously.

'is it hollow? Fuck it!

anyone who dislikes this movie has bad taste

six demon bag!

This is now a Jack Burton line thread.

>Oh you're right Wang! Why don't we just chew our way out?

I watched it for the first time recently and only had two complaints. One, the female love interest was boring as fuck and it literally made no sense when she kissed him.

Two, the plot jumps without explaining shit. Like, one minute this asian guy is losing at poker or whatever, and the next minute he's explaining this deeply intricate supernatural syndicate that I guess just happened to exist at the time?

Like, you'd think with him knowing this, he'd have gotten the fuck out of china town at some point?

Big Trouble in Little China is a masterpiece, retard.

>That scene at the airport where Kurt adorns this stupid confused expression when they bring out switchblades and shit
>"Where'd you get that?"

It felt like an outtake but it fit Jack Burton so good.

It's good but incredibly overrated by millennials wanting to be nostalgic about shit before their time

Top 3 Carpenter films

1. The Thing
2. Big Trouble
3. Prince of Darkness

The plot-jumps become less jarring around the fifth viewing

I just love the whole neon glow + china town aesthetic. It's super comfy.

I don't know what you're talking about, mate, Big trouble is great and looks beautiful.

Its epic and full of great one liners, it looks like you missed the fun side of the movie.

here's your controller brahhhh

This thread is next level bait

are there any other movies with the whole neon glow + china town aesthetic?

>just because you wear female clothes doesn't make a you girl, tranny
THIS IS THE PORK CHOP EXPRESS, YOU JUST TAKE OL' JACK BURTON'S ADVICE ON A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT WHEN YOU'RE GETTING SUCKED OFF BY A CUTE LITTLE THAI PIECE OF ASS AND ALL OF A SUDDEN YOU FEEL A BOONER UP AGAINST YOUR JEANS BIGGER'N A LUG WRENCH: JUST KEEP ON TRUCKIN.