Why did asians decide to make their languages way too hard to learn?

Why did asians decide to make their languages way too hard to learn?
What made them think making 85830204 symbols to be able to simply read and write was a good idea?

Other urls found in this thread:

kanji.sljfaq.org/radicals.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gairaigo_and_wasei-eigo_terms
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It is the way of the Samurai. Round eyes couldn't understand.

Same thing as every language. They start with pictromgrams (hieroglyphs). Then they get simplified bit by bit over centuries until you get an alphabet like our latin.
The chinese and japs just stopped midway in this development process. It's simply bad.
Korean writing system in contrast is glorious.

English is retarded in its own way, too.
Where Asian languages like Chinese and Japanese have characters that adults who are fluent in the languages will never use, English has picky rules that adults who are fluent in the language will never understand.
For English speakers, a lot of these rules are being phased out and forgotten. Likewise, with the complex Asian languages, a lot of their more esoteric characters are falling by the wayside and being forgotten in favor of simpler versions of the language.

Korean is alphabetic

I don't read moon, but I believe that Japanese has characters that represent sounds similar to an alphabet, but also they also just say fuck it and use Chinese full-word characters sometimes.

Korean is also somehow an isolate which is crazy interesting

Good way to keep dumb niggers out. This is why asians are so smart.

This.

The Korean alphabet is very simple, but their sentence structure is very hard. But you learn that naturally so it doesn't matter to Koreans themselves. Chinese and Japanese students have to continue studying their language just to keep up.

To keep niggers out of their nations

So far it's worked

Perhaps we gave them less credit than they deserve

Why did english decide to make their language way too hard to learn?
What made them think making 85830204 different grammatical rules, patterns, tenses, and completely arbitrary exceptions to every rule, to be able to simply speak was a good idea?

Japan is flooded with phillipinos and africans.

That's why Japanese with it's million kanji characters is the superior language, right David-kun?

Howaito penisu!

>Flooded
>98% Japanese.

Kek

Asians are smart but they make shit overly complicated. Their written language is like that chopstick bullshit they do. A lot of work for something we can do simply.

To keep stupid people out of their country

Chopsticks are pretty versatile, to be honest.

Because they are smart, while it takes your weak brain a weak to decipher pictures into information they can do casually.

Good work, Nip bros

>he think english grammar is hard

try french

カワイイデスクにゃ

There are only about 2000 kanji in standard JP, and far fewer than that are commonly used. If you don't know how to pronounce a word you can get the pronunciation in a simple syllabary that even children can read.

English words on the other hand are impossible to pronounce unless you hear them out loud or understand how to read those incredibly confusing pronunciation guides.

The ideal language IMO should use a syllabary and have internal logical consistency like JP does, but do away with kanji in favor of spaces for quickly detecting word borders. This language would be closer to JP than EN.

Maybe Korean fits this bill honestly, I don't know as I don't speak it. Too bad the people are shit.

Seal script chinese is aesthetic desu

さすが日本先輩

I feel like Latin languages are missing something from ever moving away from hieroglyphics.

Eastern language vs Western language are complete polar opposites. Trying to learn the other is like crossing the entire divide.

Is that ancient Chinese?

Chinks use writing as art instead of communication

2136 as of the year 2010, but to be honest, once you've learned them, even if you don't know the reading offhand, it's faster to read than just kana.

And you can get Rikai-kun/chan for your browser for the reading.

This is pretty accurate.

The Korean alphabet was developed precisely because Chinese characters were way too hard for the poor commoners to learn. They were working class peasants and didn't have time to devote to going to school and mastering such a complex writing system. It's different because it was meant to be different.

>Japanese Muslim
Holy shit

>flips
>in japan
anong sinabi mo?

To be honest, they're usually hard workers who work hard at assimilating. Vietnamese too, in my experiences.

The whole world should speak english

Vietnam uses Latin alphabet thanks to the French.
Shitload of accents and diacritics, but still you can memorize written words, like a street address or your favourite local beer without having to take photos of them.

I agree that it's much faster to read after you've learned, but I feel like that's mostly because without kanji there's no way to detect word boundaries. If Japanese had spaces and no kanji, people would parse kana words as units the same way they parse kanji. Just like you parse English words as units and not individual letters.

I can understand, but when I'm reading I like how "information dense" it feels, like I'm reading code or something.

When I'm trying to get an English translation to fit into a Powerpoint bubble at work, I feel the exact opposite though...

Yes, trying to fit English into textboxes designed for JP is suffering.

Exactly, it is the most effective language, and that is all that matters. I wish Japan would switch to English like it should so I wouldn't have to wait for my hentai and manga and anime and VNs and video games to get translated.

How does a kanji dictionary even work? If I wanted to look up a word in Spanish, I could just find it in my dictionary and find its English translation.

But how am I supposed to look up a kanji in a dictionary? How do I look up a kanji without an app?

I kind of resigned to going full mexican while here and never learning the language

Shit is insane

it's just 2000 and some kana my nigga I don't even like japanese culture but I learned japspeak just so I could fuck with weebs. best choice of my life

Assuming you don't know the word or reading, you can look up by the radical, that is, the first part. So if you wanted to look up 海/umi (ocean), you'd look for the first three stroke from the left. This would list other characters using it, like 汽、汗, 沖, and the like. This radical is used in words associated with water, so it's ocean, steam, sweat, and off-shore/open sea, in that order.

kanji.sljfaq.org/radicals.html

Actually, alphabet based systems are very very rare. The Phoenecians used it, then the Greeks edited it, then the Russians and Romans borrowed from the Greeks. It didn't develop separately in these cultures, and it very rarely does. (Japanese actually has a similar system with the Kanas, it's syllabary)

Korean sentence structure is exactly like Japanese, which isn't that hard. They use particles to mark shit grammatically, so the actual structure isn't technically AS important. Kinda similar to Latin/German/Russian declensions.

Same as in English, by order of pronunciation. If you don't know the pronunciation you can lookup by radical (individual parts of the character)

>Muhammed Fujita

top fucking kek!

mohammed fujita

every time

And a ching chong nip nong to you, gweilo

Chinese sounds like a box of pots and pans got kicked down a stairway.

Slinglish sounds like a Cockney is having a stoke as he speaks.

You have zero ground to talk shit here.

Mad cuz chink.

t. Canada's little tulip cuck.

>Chinese sounds like a box of pots and pans got kicked down a stairway.

Texan learning Chinese here. It sounds like someone stuffed marbles in their mouth and is trying to speak.

I like the sentence structure though. It is very easy to learn because it works just like English in that manner. Noun-verb-noun and the like.

>Chinese sounds like a box of pots and pans got kicked down a stairway.
Korean does too, to a lesser degree.
I'm curious as to why japanese ended so different.

I gave up on learning to read, I could speak fairly well when I was actively speaking but I've forgotten more than I remember learning.

Different languages develop in different ways OP. You think they designed it with foreigners in mind? They had it with their own in mind and nothing else. If anything, it's a good thing since it weeds out the idiot weeaboos from integrating into their cultures.
Full retard. Chinese characters are not hieroglyphics, and if anything, the sheer complexity of it and that hundreds of millions of China men are proficient in it shows a high degree of intelligent development. Of course you wouldn't know that because you know nothing about their languages and want to westernize the entire world under EU NATO rule.
It only became that way after they discarded honest characters less than a century.

Stick to a regular study/language exchange schedule. Helps if you live rural, than you need to communicate to live, usually.

Yea, SVO/SOV is a big thing to adjust to at first when learning Japanese.

Korean isn't AS bad, but I hate how often you're saying "cum" in a sentence. Being China and than Japan's vassal state/colony for so long made them snap I guess.

>I wish the whole world would be subjugated under one mono-culture and one world government too!

It serves as a defense mechanism against foreigners, making sure that first generation immigrants will always be easily distinguishable from true Nips

Scandinavian languages also have this, although It's not as obvious of a barrier. Articles and other such nonsense lack any sort of grammatical consistency, forcing you to learn the accurate one to use for every single noun. Which comes naturally when you grow up with the language, for a foreigner however, It's next to impossible and very obvious to any native speaker when they fuck it up

Also, I'd personally carpet bomb multiple insignificant African nations for a night of snuggles with Yoko

Yep, english is a germanic mutt language where you need actual exposure to each word's pronunciation to speak it correctly. You should look at a romance language like spanish, portuguese, or italian (french has it's pronunciation peculiarities, and romanian and latin are worthless to learn).

>It serves as a defense mechanism against foreigners
>Scandinavian languages also have this

AND YET

/ɧ/ and the tone accents are impossible to master for immigrants as well.

Is it bad that I genuinely believe this theory? Shitskins will find it harder to succeed with this shit.

Was about to ignore but i just want to bump so every one can see how ignorant your question is.

"1 post by this ID"

oh

1 post by my id too

Typesetting is my absolute least favorite part of the scanlation process for this reason. It also doesn't help that the Japanese is in columns instead of rows.

Japan at it again.

Most of the Powerpoints we use at work are horizontal text, it's the most common in daily life too (newspapers aside). Manga's vertical text makes portrait splash pages easier to work with.

And yet everything I said still holds true, my proxyfagging friend

>in favor of spaces for quickly detecting word borders
You don't even have spaces between words? WTF Japan

Not proxyfag, but even if I was, beats being the regular variety like you.

Get raped and learn to banter a bit.

Based Nagasaki

You can tell where one word being and another eds once you get used to it. I usually only get tripped up when I hit the kanji for a Chinese name.

english was made intentionally difficult to learn and is accepted to be the hardest language to learn

modern japanese doesnt use kanji. they use a syllabary . if you can pronounce a word you can spell it. there is no room for double letters, silent letters or other letters put together to make the same sound like ci=s or ph =f

It's crazy how it's suddenly inescapable, yet there is no conversation.

Do you remember this kind of dispersal 20 years ago?

>modern japanese doesnt use kanji. they use a syllabary
The fuck?

I spent 5 years in japan doing an intensive course and learned how to read it but no one will care, its only useful to play ero games.

Holy shit youre retarded, only childrens books have pure kana

>english ... is accepted to be the hardest language to learn
>americlaps believe this
English is piss easy to learn, senpai.

Well hipster is a plague that is everywhere and I can not imagine anything more hipster to be a Muslim in Japan

this. even niggers manage.

>Also, I'd personally carpet bomb multiple insignificant African nations for a night of snuggles with Yoko
Because Svenja's holes are always being stuffed by Jamal and Achmed

Wrong. Runes.

I know 2 Muslims here, both are non-Japanese. The lady from Ghana who's kids only speak Japanese is a pretty funny case.

How many would manage if you didn't allow ebonics to pass off as english?

Runes were influenced by Latin. The Germans didn't invent that shit. They saw Romans writing and thought "We should do that, too!"

What i cant forgive is what in the HELL made them think speaking in syllables was a good idea.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_gairaigo_and_wasei-eigo_terms

Koreans used to use a lot of Chinese characters, but they decided to change that, so now many young people can't write them.

Lack of some sounds and need to adapt after losing a war to people who use them.

It always makes me laugh when I'm in Korean and see a 日 in a headline, I can't read the rest, but I know it's about Japan.

Oh, and tekiseigo is funnier, it's when during the war they took katakana words of foreign (excluding German) and replaced them with bug-ass globs of kanji. So curry rice goes from カレーライス to 辛味入汁掛飯

You know that Japan has like 99%+ literacy rate, right?

Don't get me started on Arab scribles.

Korean is really easy to learn though. Unlike Chinese which was half made up and the Japanese who half stole it from the Chinese, Korean (written) was a manufactured language made so that the masses of Koreans could learn to read and write.

China was a bunch of tribes loosely connected by Mongolian rape and emperors who decided to say they owned all of them, they otherwise don't have much else in common, so the language is fucked
Korean's identity is directly linked to their language, so its actually pretty easy to learn, at least written
Japan made their language into an art
Vietnam's language was fucked with by the French
every other SEAsian i don't even know how crazy hard they really are

but Asian languages don't really have the same roots Indo-European languages have

>English has picky rules that adults who are fluent in the language will never understand.

name two.

>Chinese characters are not hieroglyphics
So fucking what? Hieroglyphics and Chinese Characters are both logogramatic. They're both a fucking stupid system abandoned for phonetic alphabets the entire world over with them being the single holdout.

Don't tell me what you feel, tell me what you think

>2136

This is honestly bullshit, you need to know way more to read anything other than government documents and newspapers (which purposefully limit themselves to the Jouyou set). I have 3400 kanji in anki and I'm still constantly encountering new characters even in LNs. I've been told that Japanese lit majors need to know 7000+.

>I have 3400 kanji in anki and I'm still constantly encountering new characters even in LNs

Lot of authors like to use non-JY kanji to look smarter than they are, try and read some academic papers.

JY was updated because some ridiculously common kanji weren't in it, like 串 or the 阪 in 大阪.