How did you feel about JimBats?

How did you feel about JimBats?

That's already over? Damn I'm behind.

Yeah man. They accelerated Damian's age and now he's the new Batman.

Kind of dumb
I only read the main book, though I plan to check out Superman
Just as I was starting to enjoy it, it went to shit while bringing Bruce back

Not sure why Sup Forums was so triggered by it. I liked it.

Snyder said a few times it would either be really good or really bad.

unfortunately... it was really bad. Villain was too whacky, and while I was expecting to be let down by a "it is hard to be batman even if you have all his toys" story, the story itself was just a let down-- too poorly paced, too "what's going on?"

I don't even hate Snyder, I like him actually, but this was just not good.

It was good while it lasted, left on good terms.

Did he shoot that guy's taint?

-Good idea for an elseworlds
-Bad idea in canon because it boils down to "Well that happened...."
Seriously, if it had been an elseworlds "what if?" ongoing where Jim took the mantle after Bats died in year 2, then yeah Id would be all for it. You could even get even weirder with the bat rogues, even have Riddler return as a private investigator again

It was a cool idea and I liked it in Tec and S/B, but it was kind of lame in Batman since it was just another Grand Epic by Snyder

It could have been a nice story, but the pacing was way off( 10 issues were too much, 6 would have been enough), the villain was really weak and the twist of his identity retarded, Gordon despite being the MC didn't get enough focus especially in the later issues and the ending is just a clusterfuck

I liked it. I didn't like most of Snyder's run but I thought this was one of his better stories.

Jim was a great Batman because he actually struggled with things, which is something that's been missing from Batman for a while now. I could also pretend that it was a western adaptation of Patlabor.

He also had a refreshing style, lots of clumsy brawling.

Unfortunately the story was rushed and nonsensical. The whole reason Jim agreed to this whole thing is because he wanted to prove that Batman could work within the system instead of against it. What if Batman was awful at being a superhero but really good at being a cop? That's a good idea for a story.

But then he suddenly abandons all of his principles for seemingly no reason at all as he breaks into a warehouse and goes on a vigilante killing spree.

Yeah it probably would have been better as an elseworlds.

As is the story's kind of a me

Forgettable, really. He didint even have a memorable villain.

pretty cool, plus we had the added upside of the beautiful Bat-Beard

I hate this because HUNGRY HUNGRY MONSTER!!!

>sharks in a tank.
>loud gunfire
>tank shatters, sharks spill out of tank
>immediately hungry instead of scared

This is the kind of misrepresentation tat makes people think sharks are out to kill them

I liked him more than Bruce, but I hate Bruce so...

Where's the stache?

Awful. I'm usually the kind of guy who's into stupid shit, but this was... no.

1. Jim Gordon is like 40-something, and while he's former military and a tough cop, he's certainly not a male supermodel.

2. He shouldn't have shaved his mustache.

3. What the fuck happened to his hair?

4. He looks way to young.

I enjoyed it, but I feel like it could've lasted longer. I wish we could have seen more of him without the mech suit. Also, is the Joker still some random guy? Or have we seen him since Bruce's return?

Had a lot of promise and ended up not living up to any of it, just like the rest of Snyder's post-Black Mirror Batman work. Costume is still cool though and the short arcs in Detective Comics weren't bad.

Snyder went fucking crazy with the narration boxes, metaphors, horror, and apocalyptic crap.

Great art though.

Sharks are basically the Hitler of the sea. Fuck those sheisty fuckers.

Yeah I didn't get him seeming so young.

atleast they wont rape you while you get pulled to your watery demise

this
I would've liked it if they made him still kinda old and out of shape but he just tried to drunken brawl through everything and got beat up a lot
rather than becoming super young and athletic

I did like how this artist brew his mech suit.

There'd have to be a good explanation why he has one in the first place (if there is, I don't know of it), but it makes more sense than him just being Batman.

If they had the budget for that, makes me wonder why there isnt already police mechs and they dont train actual pilots

>not raping the Joker himself, as Batman

meme busted.

Kinda reminds me of the 80s and 90s superman comics. The city had their own mech army they used when defending the city against monsters and aliens. Even Luthor had his own private armored army to defend the city when things looked really bad, complete with hovertanks and jetpack powersuits. When the 2000s hit everything started getting more and more "real" and all the cool futuristic tech disappeared from police hands.

So, wait, who was behind the mecha-batsuit? Wayne Ent or LexCorp?

Does DC have a Tony Stark equivalent? Closest I can think of are Lex Luthor and Ray Palmer.

Was much more fun than I thought it would be

Powers

Company absorbed Wayne when he gave up

I believe he mentioned something about injections or augments

>Since Batman won't rape the Joker, I shall become Batman and do it myself.

Admittedly, Gordon was meant to be a lot younger in nu52, hence why he still had red hair instead of grey.
Still didn't make a ton of sense though.

Joker was dead while he was Batman

Please, no.

>kept being pissed off and trying to arrest all of batman's allies
>first major villain and he can't even stop him before bruce comes back

Eh.

Neat concept that went nowhere.

im def gettin the toy

Good story, just wish we got more time in the middle, with Gordon actually winning a few.

The Joker issue is still one of my top 3 issues of the run anyway.

why didn't he rape the joker since he was the batman?

Because like Batman the Joker was missing but if he knew where he was he would have done it right away.

The only thing that confused me is why he seemed to de-age like 20 years.

I think the GCPD totally missed the point of a mysterious and monsterous violent vigilante hunting down criminals from outside the limitations of the law.