Is he right?

is he right?

>tfw you remember the time when liking comics wasn't a trend

Of course he's right

Marvel was readable when it didn't pander to normies

Liking comic books has always been a trend, it just took a downturn in the past two decades. Every kid in the 60s read comics, it wasn't a secret club.

No, he's sexually frustrated and taking it out by attacking someone who entering what he considers "His Domain".

No.

Why the fuck are you agreeing with a satire comic?

Hes not supposed to be , Dorkin makes it very obvious he isn't on their side and thinks those types of people are jokes

This. But this just feels like a shitposting thread so people are gonna overlook the obvious satire and go "BRO FUCK FAKE GEEKS THO"

this is probably the only comic i've ever read that depicts a "guy calls girl a fake nerd to her face" scenario that's actually believable

i guess it helps that it's delivered by an established character rather than a strawman

It also helps that Dorkin is basically on the outside looking in. He knows how we are.

The best part is nobody like, stands up to him and delivers a point by point analysis of why he's wrong, his friends just up and leave. The only three people in the world who sort of tolerate him, Pete's the only one who says "Wow, I'm someone who pretty much thinks of women as objects and that's too much even for me." And they just walk off. Like he's too much of a crybaby lunatic for them to even bother speaking to.

>liking comics is a trend

or maybe it's just easier than ever for people to be casually OR deeply into comics, given they're on the web, in print, inspire the most popular films in decades, make hit TV shows, etc

I don't get it. When I was in high school I was delighted when I met someone I could talk to about how fucking dumb Wolverine's new costume was, even if they didn't know anything about the whole deal with Onslaught. Now I'm supposed to be mad if someone has a Green Lantern t-shirt but doesn't know who Kyle is.

Remember when they more or less crossed over with Crossed?

>lesbians chasing cats around a magical castle

I'd read the shit out of that

I mean, it ain't about her bein' a bitch, so no, he's wrong. I remember there being fat saggy uggo bitches who have been reading comics longer than me. I mean, no one cared that they were female, because they basically looked like Jabba the Hutt, but they were there.

Nah, it's that they're fucking normies. Now, your average normie dude's a little more likely to try not to actively disrupt an existing social network when he picks up a new hobby. He might passively do so-- I've seen a dude inspire a couple of fa/tg/uys to lose weight just by showing 'em good cooking tricks after they got done pretending to be Grogfuck the Barbarian-- but by and large, he won't be an attention-seeking cock.

Most normie women, on the other hand, always desire to be the center of attention. They don't give a flying fuck about whatever hobby they're feigning interest in; they only want the male attention to be redirected from the hobby to them. Ever noticed how there's usually one token hot girl in a group of male nerds, or it's almost all nerd girls with maybe a token gay guy? It's to prevent fights over who the alpha bitch is.

Liking cape shit has always been a trend op

The thing I've always found the funniest about the "fake geek" complaints, is that for every one girl I've met that pretends to read comics, I've met 10 guys that pretend to read comics.

If you've never read a comic in your life outside of maybe Civil War and Killing Joke and get all your comic book knowledge from wikipedia and clickbait articles you saw links to on normiebook, then you're not a fucking "fan of the comics" and it's almost always guys that pull this fuckshit.

Especially in the 1950s...

Isn't that just Gotham Academy?
Or maybe it was Morning Glories

Nobody is denying that "fake geek guys" exist. They get called poseurs, hipsters, and "fucking casuals".
And in fact, the women that did this went by those same names, until a bunch of blogs posing as journalism decided it was a gendered issue in order to generate controversy based ad revenue.

Well, that's the the whole thing the idiots who bitch about "fake geek girls" overlook. Every subculture attracts posers. Especially once they go mainstream. So are there fake geek girls? Absolutely. But it's hardly a phenomena confined to women.

And hell, no one had a problem with mocking the people who did THAT, either, until everyone decided it was gendered. Look at this. It's fucking tame as shit in comparison, and it's the same fucking argument: You don't know shit about the medium and you're only here to fuck shit up.

Remember when they actually crossed over with Pepper Ann?

i would prob just molest her if she came in tbqhwy

This
/thread
>contribooting from /fit/

That's how people would react, though. The only unrealistic part is that they even let him speak in the first place without walking away.

I think the next page showed she was just being paranoid, and they're shown mundanely selling stuff to a little girl.

Yeah, though I feel a sliver of empathy given the irony of the fact that "his domain" is being entered by the people he sought solace from in the first place. And they probably, specifically, made fun of him in the past for liking comics so that adds an entire level of frustration. It's kind of like that post by that one user who was laughed at him for reading comics while wearing a Thor shirt.

Still doesn't excuse him for lashing out like that, though.

I don't understand. Women don't get stopped at the door and questioned when going to an LCS, and most nerds won't even bother to initiate a conversation with them.

>is the parody comic right
No.

Oh shit, I meant to say "No" instead of "Yeah" at the beginning.

This is what she imagines will happen, not what will happen.

Keep in mind that Pepper Ann was made during the 90s. Plus, it's from the perspective of a teenage girl so she's going to be a bit paranoid and self-conscious. I've never seen any kind of gender issues in the comic stores I've gone to and everyone's always been pretty chill.

Here's the thing though. He, like all of us who felt like him, is generalizing to an extreme degree.

So?

And the original comic *isn't* an extreme generalization and exaggeration of the complaints nerdy, isolated folks have about others entering their hobby?

No one's hands are clean in a shitflinging contest, mate.

Nah, it's definitely true. I mean, he may be right, but the whole reason why he's making the argument is because he's sexually and socially pent-up and it's made him really territorial
I should know, being the same way, although nowhere near as intense

You're absolutely right, which is why I referred to it as "lashing out." There's little to no logic behind his tirade, just raw emotion and anger. I haven't read the issue that came from but I'm guessing it came at the end of a long series of unfortunate events.

so it makes you look like an ass

Honestly? Yes.

>people forgetting this is a satire comic
dorkin's making fun of you autist retards

Okay, that dude is just a normal dude standing in a normal way. Why is it "new gym posing", what does that mean, why is it supposed to be funny?

HOWEVER that post got really whiny by the end. "When a girl says she likes guys over 6'4 she doesn't consider the feeling of guys under under 6'4", come on man, really?

Well to be fair, feminism has been the biggest party pooper in the nerd culture.

>goes on a heavy, emotional rant
>very petty and vindictive

>"This club is bitch-free!"

What do you mean so? Did you even read the comic? That kind of shit is unhealthy and poisonous for everyone. Bill couldn't get over it and he became a cancer.

There's a difference between generalizing a fandom in order to create satire and generalizing half the population of the planet. Sure, you might feel validated whenever you see an example that matches your criteria, but you just end up isolating yourself.

So? If it makes someone look like an ass to a person they don't care about, why would it matter?

6'4 is the King of the Manlets

No, you wouldn't, because it would be a badly written blob of nothing of a story, you maybe would make a couple of threads about how the MC is cute, CUTE like a fucking sperg, but you wouldn't read it or even buy it.
>reading western /u/

Retards have always been plenty on the fandom, but they were always a minority. In fact I'd say the whole "no nerd girls" concept is an imported thing from the 90s, something I've seen only in vidya advertising and popular perceptions. Just look up any 80s comic or any other nerd related shit. There's girls aplenty, specially on the letters section.

On a side note, has anyone known someone who had a nerd mental breakdown like that

I want Sup Forums to leave

Whiny as fuck, but he still has a point about the girl. She wanted to make a "cute"face and looked for the flimsiest of justifictions. It would have actually been less insecure of her to just take a picture making the fucking face, instead of looking for someone to ridicule.

Funny thing is, in the process of "making fun of you autistic retards," he is acting EXACTLY like the dude in the comic.

His paranoia and frustration caused him to go through some serious fucking effort to lash out at a mostly harmless group over perceived offences, and straight up lie about motivations and actions in the process.

By making that specific strip, Dorkin is that dude. It has wrapped around from being satire and into being scathing self-criticism.

I had one.

Not like that, no. I honestly haven't seen any kind of complaining outside of the internet. All the comic fans I hang out with, male and female, are pretty chill.

it's you who doesn't know how satire works.

the characters and their delivery is the joke, the themes they're addressing is the truth.

read the actual comic, you posers.

>Criticizing any girl doing a thing is criticizing all girls ever.

Gee. No wonder people hate feminists these days.

Is that a Sup Forums thing?

>His paranoia and frustration caused him to go through some serious fucking effort to lash out at a mostly harmless group over perceived offences

Sounds awfully familiar.

Also, it seems like you're mistaking the character's anger with whatever the Dorkin may or may not have been feeling.

Did you read the page in question, idiot? That's what Bill is doing, and what I was talking about.

I need context for those panels because, from what I gathered, the tirade is Dorkin taking a shit on all the guys upset about "cultural immigrants.'

Could anyone do a storytime of that issue?

Not that guy, but those last two issues do feel weirdly personal.

I think he's right not because women are cancerous in themselves, which they can be but not always are, but because of the effect women have in changing friendly relations within men.

Injecting women into friendly fraternal relationships instantly initiates mating behavior and evolutionary one-ups-man-ship, even when the woman in question is unavailable.

I've had so many good circles of friends broken up when women come into the picture it's unreal.

And this is why cape shit should not be allowed on Sup Forums. PERIOD.

People migrating towards geek culture is a result of the degradation of other hobbies. TV and movies, literature, and even sports somehow have all somehow gotten shittier than things like comics, video games, and anime have in recent times.

>tfw 5'9" and 5'10" gf

Yeah, and they also messed with the chart, 6'8 used to be You better be playing basketball to get puss, now it's just Tall

TV is still partially OK, I think.

Rereading it... Nope, still looks like the character's criticizing attention whores.

see
because that is entirely how I read Dorkin's authorial intentions. Which, frankly, read just as petty to me as the character's paranoid rant.

Maybe those guys need to grow the fuck up and stop letting the presence of pussy control their actions.

literature and tv are far fucking better than goddamn vidya.

vidya is only art in a technical sense. it can't replicate the emotional qualities and storytelling of things like literature and TV

Why are short dudes so self-conscious to the point of overcompensation?

>6'6
>tower over everyone
>no amazonian gf for me

Dorkin is a whiny shit and exactly the thing he complains about and he knows it

spotted the venom dipped whore cunt, aka, Sup Forumsmblr

This char keeps growing every time I see it.

This. Every case of "NOT MUH" is just the modern equivalent of proto-human chest beating to make themselves feel like they're defending something worthwhile, and more importantly, "winning" at said defense

Dorkin unironically believes the fandom is like that. Pretty sure he hates the fandom.

He writes all his "satire" comics making fun of trends and people he doesn't like. Not teasing, not joking, just telling other fandoms that they suck through exaggerated strawmen.

Dorkin is a very petty person.

Women like tall men.

Y'know, when there was shit like Planescape: Torment and VtM: Bloodlines coming out regularly, I would have argued all day with you over that. It would have been perfect, 10/10 bait. You would have been the master baiter.

Now all you have is a sad (You) that mostly agrees.

The context of the story is that Bill was essentially left behind in his club after he fought with the others in their comic book store. They became successful with jobs in the industry while Bill has been moping around. They all meet up at Comic con and Bill is pissed off that he has nothing and Jerry has a girlfriend.

She mentions "The Ghostbusters car" and Bill corrects her that it's the Ecto-1 and says she's another poser which leads to his rant in the OP

Controlling your behavior with women is removing them from fraternal circles. I'm not joking, if you're a straight man it will affect your behavior in some way.

If anything, I've found the uggo hambeasts the most exclusionary towards other women.

Ridicule often has a basis of insecurity.

That's a problem with your peer group, not the woman. And you don't need a woman for a group of guys to engage in pointless and petty one-upmanship.

Was the rant from the latest issue? I was always under the impression that it was basically Dorkin addressing what a manchild he'd been in the past.

literature is being censored, have you attended university lately?

>what is Eternal Darkness
>what is Spec Ops: The Line
>what are the Bioshock games
>what is the microwave hallway sequence from MGS4

You wat, m8?

Are you really trying to tell me Whor isn't shit you dumb cunt?

The problem is unless shes literally cock teasing everyone and being difficult then the blame falls onto your friend. People who change around women for the worse are no different than people who change when they get a lot of money or who act innocent for the sake of dodging or redirecting.

>6'2
There's still hope for me but it's hard. My heart goes out to you, friend.

I don't know, the twist near the end of Brothers a Tale of two Sons certainly has more emotional weight than a lot of shit movies these days.

>>what is Spec Ops: The Line
Dude, we extruded No Russian into an entire game lmao. With a twist!

You go into Gwenpool threads and complain, don't you?

im working on my phd in english education rn actually. profs here pretty much teach whatever they want

The only thing Dorkin hates more than deadlines is himself.

>People who change around women for the worse are no different than people who change when they get a lot of money or who act innocent for the sake of dodging or redirecting.

...So, the absolute vast majority of the planet who aren't diagnosed with some form of mental illness or retardation?

>for the sake of dodging or redirecting.
forgot to type blame

He is not wrong at all.

>spic ops the line

dear lord why does everyone bring this game up ? IT NEVER FUCKING FAILS!!!

> Now I'm supposed to be mad if someone has a Green Lantern t-shirt but doesn't know who Kyle is.
I personally try and make it a point not to buy shirts with iconography that I know next to nothing about just because they "look cool". I have a lot of respect for people than that and I just don't like looking like an ignorant dumbass

A woman I respect told me this once.

Haven't read any femThor, but then again I never read Odinson's books either, so can't really say.

>what is Spec Ops: The Line
A shitty Heart of Darkness rehash that berates you for playing the game but only allows for a meta-response as the morally correct answer after they've already gotten your money?

Outside a few issues the biggest problem with Whor was the cartoonish Roxxon plotline.