Moonshine

Should moonshine be legal and taxed in the United States?

Will Trump make moonshine great again?

Other urls found in this thread:

homedistiller.org/
homedistiller.org/forum/index.php
youtube.com/watch?v=yBDZ3G4RCHc
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Taxation is theft, and free people don't ask permission

finally someone focuses on the important things

>you
>free

Go stand on the corner with your ar15... oh wait

Ayy I'm not free either, Americans have some personal freedom but you're a corporate slave just like me exempt you have better weather, cheaper life, bigger homes and guns. Trust me I wish I was American.

Now back to moonshine.

>Should it be legal
Yes

>Should it be taxed
No. The point of distilling your own liquor it is to avoid the tax retard.

Homebrew should be legal if it is not advertised for sale. Just like homemade wine and beer.

It most states it is completely legal to own a still, but for the purposes of essential oils and water. Now if some corn mash that has been fermenting for a few days manages to find it's way into the pot then you may get in trouble. But just like anything it is only illegal if you get caught.

>free
Careful tossing about words you don't understand, m80.. it's as dangerous as running with scissors..

You're allowed to distill your own alcohol in the United States as long as it isn't for commercial purposes (ie resale).

Also, if you legalize moonshine, it becomes, by definition, not moonshine. Moonshine is just a generic term for any alcohol distilled illegally in a clandestine manner.

Stupid leaf-father.

It's legal in some places

fpbp

Why is it illegal anyways?

I would love to see a lawsuit against the biggest alcohol companies as if they were cigarette companies. The whole lawsuit was over Medicare or whatever being charged because of the effects of smoking. I'm sure alcohol has cost the government billions more.

So how does one distill alcohol to sell?

And if you can distill alcohol for yourself, why do they have police going after people? Is it because they make too much alcohol that it wouldn't be deemed for personal use?

The main reason is the tax. The government can't tax it if it isn't on the market.

You can go to a liquor store and see "moonshine" advertised, but it's just un-aged corn whiskey.

To sell your alcohol, you need a license to do so from the state alcohol licensing board.

And yeah, when they bust people for moonshining, it's for one of two reasons.

Either they were actually selling it, or they had so much of it that there was no logical reason for them to have that much except for the intent to sell it.

It's like if you get busted with pot. If you get busted with a gram, you'll get nailed for possession. But if you get busted with half a pound of reefer in your trunk, even if that actually was only for your personal consumption, you can get nailed with intent to distribute.

They legalized it recently here in SC, as long as it's under a certain amount, only for personal consumption, etc.. Lots of bars sell fake "moonshine shots" to dumb sorority chicks lel

How the fuck is making your own piss ilegal?

It is legal, just not if you make it without a permit.

This

>permit
What the fuck are you on about? No the hell you don't.

It's essentially legal to make some in canada (laws against it but completely unenforced) you just can't sell it.

A simple google search will reveal that making moonshine is legal if you have the proper permits you fucking retard. You can literally buy it in a liquor store.

homedistiller.org/
homedistiller.org/forum/index.php

If you are interesting in personal distilling, these are the two sites that can be used for reference for distilling alcohol.

Some people make stills, while others just buy copper ones from various sources. Distilling is not a hard skill to learn, but the art of it lies in brewing the mash and knowing how to mix the heads and tails to make what you want. Like anything it requires patience, but if you know once you figure out what you're doing you can make stuff that rivals the big name distillers. Jim Beam isn't that hard to top.

Thanks

The IRS (or ATO in our case) MUST have a cut. If they let it go on piss, then that starts the dominoes falling.

It's bullshit, just don't sell and you'll be pretty safe. And use a VPN to access homedistiller.org :)

This. One of my neighbors growing up actually had a still in his apartment. I dunno if his stuff was any good, though, he didn't share.

>laws against it but completely unenforced
afaik they're mostly safety laws that have more to do with not burning your house down than the actual production of alcohol itself.

It's illegal because, by definition, moonshine refers to illicitly produced alcohol.

Everclear, and other 190 proof grain liquors, fit the definition of moonshine except they are not produced illicitly.

y'all niggas should check out ; they often have brewing threads

>america
>free

What does moonshine taste like and how do you acquire it? I've lived in the South my whole life (specifically from Virginia to Savannah, Georgia, to Palm Coast, Florida). I've never seen moonshine.

See

Moonshine is usually 80%+ pure alcohol with no taste at all.

The only way to acquire some is to either make some yourself which is a pretty easy process or to know someone that makes some.

Just from homedistiller.org you can get every bit of info required to build your own still (if you have some welding/soldering skills) and create your own mash / wash. Then just a bit of practice. Frankly, home made 192 proof alcohol mixed with coke or fruit juice is the best way to get a relaxed buzz on (as long as you measure out your doses - that shit is strong) with zero hangover. When you've put a load of wine through your still, you get to see the horrific acetones/fusel oils/methanol/etc that is in wine, or cheap liquor. No wonder it gives you a hangover.

Should be legal for personal use. It currently isn't without a "distilled spirits permit"

Most of the laws about alcohol in general are so outdated and retarded they need to be rewritten.

it takes like vodka but bad
you can probably order it online or something

They sell it in SAQs (quebec's liquor stores)
there's 94% alcohol that's basically lab grade ethanol, but occasionally you can find hipster branded ""moonshine"" that's basically the same thing but with a flavoring or filtered or something

I spent a summer with Popcorn Sutton. Fucksakes I miss him and his friends and family and the area. I learned a lot of my mandolin chops playing bluegrass with him and his peers. Also learned a lot about the moonshine process. No one ever made better moonshine than popcorn. RIP buddy

>TFW buddy makes barely malt moonshine 190 proof
>TFW such good buds with him get a discount on it

Got stupid drunk off that shit.

wouldn't be moonshine if it was taxed limey cunt

Eh, depends, most people cut moonshine with spring water to around 100 proof.

If you run it through activated carbon, have a decent still, control your temperatures, and use non-shit mash, it is the same as Vodka.

Skimp on any of those and it becomes really shitty plastic bottle style hangover causing vodka that tastes like rubbing alcohol soaked fritos.

i'll shut up my mug, if you fill up my jug with some good ol mountain dew

holy crap, that woulda been awesome. Sucks he topped himself though.

making moonshine is none of the goverments concern. nothing you make for personal use should be taxed

>tfw new zealand is the freeest country on earth

> nothing you make for personal use should be taxed
good thing that's not the case anywhere in the commonwealth, but is the case in the US

>spent the summer with Popcorn Sutton.

Holy fuck, the man was the last of the old school moonshiners. His death is only rivaled by Earl Scruggs in terms Appalachian culture.

For sure, although I would ad Mr.Monroe to that list youtube.com/watch?v=yBDZ3G4RCHc