Memes aside, what do you think the cause of this is?

Memes aside, what do you think the cause of this is?

Memes

Legal abortion

Alimony.

Abolish it and watch the divorce rate plummet.

No fault divorce

>23 divorces per 1000 married women

i thought the rate was like 50%

What is the women's sexual liberation.jpeg

Women being cunts.

>tfw wizard
>tfw will never deal with divorce

who /comfy/ here

More leftist judges, more "I need 90% of my husband's income and half of all his belongings for the child"

That, and memes

Apparently unmarried couples moving in together is becoming more common, so couples basically test out married life before getting married - which means that the divorce rates would level off/decline as unmarried couples who disliked living together just break up

It's the economy you dope!

this, no fault started in '69, lines up perfectly with the graph

deterioration of wester values as they abandon its founding priciples based in Christianity, and ebracing artificial jew ideal.s

I know nothing about divorce, but I have a hunch.

>google: no fault divorce
>With a law adopted in 1969, California became the first U.S. state to permit no-fault divorce.[5] California's law was framed on an earlier and roughly contemporaneous effort, of the non-governmental organization, National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws, which began drafting a model of no-fault divorce statute for states to consider in 1967.[6]

Must be a coincidence.

MTV

Here's an honest answer:

A higher standard of living. People don't have to depend on their spouse for life or death now. There's the welfare state if they're ever truly penniless (but they won't be because of today's divorce laws). They can be selfish and indulge their sexual fantasies of running off with their brother-in-law or sister-in-law instead of having to be faithful.

CORRELATION DOES NOT EQUAL CAUSATION AHHHHHHH

It's this.

Women's lib means they didn't feel the pressure to stay with a total cad of a husband.

Lack of super religious nuts

Hippies and feminism.

Those 23 women will marry and divorce 3 or 4 times

Seriously it's odvious

the boom in baby boomers, bro's

jews

Feminism and the rise of the beta male.

Look at the second chart it go's with this

The Frankfurt School and Cultural Marxists finally took control of the educational institutions in the 60's.

Sex education.

>divorces per 1000 married women

Shouldn't it be 0?

If they're divorced then they're not married.

Is this relative to the amount of marriages? Because that's been going down too.

feminism

>tfw too beta to even talk to women never mind marry one

enjoy divorce!

also this

the state has replaced men as the provider for families/women.
as simple as that.

Welfare and no fault divorce.
Welfare lines up perfectly too.

This too. There are several reasons.

I think it means per year.

So in a 10 year period there would be 230 divorces per 1000 married women, 20 year period 560/1000.

correct me if Im wrong

If that were the case it would be a gradual increase instead of a huge jump followed by a slight decrease

No fault divorce is the reason

Selfishness elevated to the level of virtue by hippie generation. We practically worship selfishness.

>just be yourself
>do whatever makes you happy
>do whatever you want

>odvious

I like to think that people on Sup Forums are intellegent, or at leastnot a bunch of inbred redneck hicks in their 40s. When I see stuff like this it really makes me take a step back and ponder

Welfare, alimony, and an unwillingness to work through marital issues (laziness).

and corporations female economic emancipation removes men from the picture.

Culture stopped trumping biology: 3 years max is the optimal timeframe for making a growing baby chimp, then human female stops affecting hornmones of human male.

Welfare, child support, food stamps, alimony
Basically gibs for all womyn while the media continues to promote the "Strong independent proud woman," meme

Both sexes being able to financially support themselves.
Less social stigma surrounding divorce.
No fault divorce.
Feminism romanticizing single parenthood; strong independent black woman who don't need no man sort of thinking.

That comes with territory of capitalism; freedom of choice, encouraging individuality, and selfishness are part of what makes it work.

I can agree with those 3 statements. But that doesn't force empathy out the window.
In a lot of these cases, it's because one or both involved are fucking children. They either rushed into a genuinely shit marriage, or are leaving a good one for some stupid reason (usually sex or some petty argument).
People with reasonable intelligence can rectify what they want with what a spouse wants. At the end of the day, having someone with you for comfort and support usually beats whatever you wanted.