During Muammar Gaddafis 42 year rule...

>During Muammar Gaddafis 42 year rule, Libya went from one of the poorest countries in Africa to one of the richest African countries. All Libyans had free healthcare, housing subsidies, zero-interest loans, and free gas.

Americans JUST had to ruin it right!?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OLtGn_ACE0w
bbc.com/news/world-africa-12699183
theguardian.com/business/2003/feb/16/iraq.theeuro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pretty much.

youtube.com/watch?v=OLtGn_ACE0w

yes

lesson of the day: do not dethrone the petrodollar unless you have enough unclear ICBMs

>Americans
it was Britain and France.

Mostly France, but the USA didn't hesitate to join the party.

bbc.com/news/world-africa-12699183
France has become the first country to recognise the Libyan rebel leadership, the National Libyan Council (NLC), as the country's legitimate government.

There's a US government memo somewhere that literally says 'we need to bomb Gaddafi before he unplugs his country from global currency system'

like it's even a secret.

b..but muh democrazy?

They freed the shit out of them.

It was the French this time because they were pissed at Gaddafi's oil price

>unclear ICMBS

>these goyim don't want to pay interest on our ponzi fiat bucks
>get em!

>Oy vey another third world country working its way into first world
>shut it down

I honestly feel so bad for what happened to Libya. It was going so good, we called it a piece of Norway cause it felt so developed. Shame it all went to shit like it eventually does.

or get a (powerful) ally with nukes
china or russia

hahahah

I was about twelve when the Libyan Civil War went down and remember rooting for Gadaffi just to be contrarian.

Now I realize I was actually right and he was the good guy.

RIP Brotherly Leader and Guide of the Revolution.

just make it simple and join NATOO, as the south slavs doing lately

balkan is a totally different thing

not even president has the control over your country.

[spoiler]i was root for trumpt[/spoiler]

>I was about twelve when the Libyan Civil War went down and remember rooting for Gadaffi just to be CONTRARIAN.
me too, now we have all the maghrebis here
thanks sarkozy

different shit same asshole, you join them or get fuck over. it is always like that in murican's way.

Please it was European driven operation. Yurp can't even do damage control on conflicts that happen within its own boundaries (Balkans, Ukraine). How did they expect to solve something a whopping 500km away.

feels so good fucking up countries desu

N3v3r 4get

N3v3r 4give

literally what he did
does it help?

Anyone here was on /new/ as well, while it was going down?

RIP Gaddafi

Such a shame.
I fucking hate americans and their french lapdogs.
It's like they don't realize having the other side of the Mediterranean developed makes it a proper buffer zone for all kind of trash from the rest of africa.

The french deserved every refugee they have to deal with now.

France is our senpai.

Why don't you just kys?
Fuck nato and fuck the american muslim protectors

surprise, look at yours

To be fair it was the other way around, France attacked Libya and then USA and NATO (including us) joined.
> Gaddafi goes to France to negotiate a new oil/gas deal
> Sarkozy demands a lower price
> Gaddafi refuses, he says he has come to renew the deal, not rewrite it
> the next thing you know is Libya is full of """"ragtag rebels"""" who are perfectly knowledgeable with state of the art NATO weaponry
> USA feels like this is the ultimate opportunity to shut down the gold dinar project and calls their lapdogs
> in a completely war-unrelated move, USA and friends bomb the Great Manmade River, making this the worst war crime committed by Westerners in the 21st century

To understand American foreign policy, you must understand that America does not joke about the US dollar. Every civilised society needs oil. As long as oil is traded in US dollars, something that only the US Congress with Federal Reserve collaboration can create, the USA is able to manipulate world economy and world politics. When someone tries to walk a different path... well, just look at the date of this article and remember that Iraqi Freedom started in March 2003:
theguardian.com/business/2003/feb/16/iraq.theeuro

>Americans JUST had to ruin it right!?
Not just USA/Europe. Stupid Lybians were fighting against Ghadaffi. For what? Why?

you cant pick up a fight with a bully without a plan tho, and it's not like it's an incredible surprise since they do the same game everytime