I just finished Jessica Jones

I just finished Jessica Jones

Pretty cool. How are the alias comics?

Better than the show.

The question is, is that a compliment to the book, or an insult to the show?

Alias is pretty good. Pulse sucks because getting rid of the MAX label and trying to integrate the book into the larger Marvel canon neutered it.

Why is Kristen Ritter so hammy in this?
Like holy shit it seems like she watched Casablanca and decided to emulate the MC.
If there was no supporting cast this show would be unbearable.

>How are the alias comics?
It's okay. Not bad but nothing special.

Pulse is good though, just not as good

please expand

In the comic Jessica could be an arsehole, but she had her moments of happiness and glee. TV Jessica on the other hand is constantly referring to herself in a noir-ish third person and is rolling her eyes 24/7.
I know that it's mentioned that she does that by herself, but it still doesn't change the fact that she does it.

Another thing: for someone who drinks constantly she doesn't seem drunk.

>never gets drunk
healing factor?

Would that actually prevent intoxication?
Why even drink at that point?

Better.

Considering her life, I'd take it as a personal challenge.

That's some weird Elliot cosplay.

>Better than the show.
They have a really different feel though. The comics is a noir drama and the show is much more thriller-y.

The comics managed to have an even bigger Deus Ex Asspull though.

To be fair they were going for noir detective story with super powers and noir MCs tend to be flawed/fucked up and cynical.

>Better than the show.

I kinda disagree.

I've got no answer for the third person bit, but the increased gloom makes sense. She was mindfucked and raped by Killgrave less than a year ago after her first outing as a semi-hero. She also was forced to kill an innocent woman. She's suffering from severe PTSD and self-loathing. Anyone would become depressed, cynical, and a drunkard after all that.

I found the Jessica Jones show to be worse than Gotham, Daredevil and Flash.

>How are the alias comics?
I'll just leave this here.

Is there actual butt stuff going on here?

Jessia, Daredevil and Flash are actually good though