youtube.com/watch?v=IZ-INsq2k_o
youtube.com/watch?v=fjBO5hV6CUc
youtube.com/watch?v=WL3BxeyHzss
youtube.com/watch?v=EkXARgL2xaU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>be 13 or whatever
>hear michael jacksons version
>wonder why someone would make a gay verison of smooth criminal

It's true. MJ's original Smooth Criminal is also tainted by the fact that it could be a description of his depilated privates slamming into his victims.

How MJ will ever recover?

It's true.

But I've also seen "The Voice" renditions that were much better than the originals.

he died

Funfact: Alien Ant Farm almost died in a bus crash in Spain in 2002 but only the driver actually died

I agree completely, but I really don't care for Micheal Jackson at all.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that my mom worked at a record store when she was pregnant with me, and thriller was the hot new album at the time so I pretty much heard it non-stop for 9 months.

Sup Forums are you okay?
are you okay Sup Forums?

I don't like him either, on account of he was a recidivist pedophilic rapist.

Underrated band desu

Classified as a one hit wonder but Smooth Criminal is probably the worst song on that album.

>do a cover of an 80s pop song
>this is what your band is best known for instead of all your original work
Being AAF must be kind of suffering

wtf did i just listen to. shittiest cover ive ever heard of anything in my life. OP delete this post then delete yourself

They're big guys

>edgy forgettable early 2000's rock cover vs an influential pop song with one of the most popular music videos of all time
hmmmm

I've known this for 10 years now

>I just thought like what if there we some aliens and we were its ant farm?

How high was their bassist when he came up with their name?

And shit posting is when you start a thread about it.

Are these guys still around or have they commuted Sudoku?

But what Sup Forums - Television & Film is this from, anti-Sup Forums Sup Forums Sup Forumseddit suck?

>Their name comes from an idea original guitarist Terry Corso had about aliens and the Earth: "it was just my daydream about our planet being seeded by entities from other dimensions."
Reminder this is whom Sup Forums believes is intelligent

Moonwalker you pleb

>do a cover of an 80s pop song
>this is what your band is best known for instead of all your original work

I'll take what is Disturbed for 500.

Childhood is idolizing the Simon and Garfunkel version, adulthood is recognizing the Disturbed version is much better

Disturbed is known for tons of shit.
Sorry you're only knowledge is internet
memes

No, Disturbed is famous for Down with the Sickness

My mom is a die-hard MJ fan and even she likes the AAF version more. It really is a quality cover.

O A A A A A

Really made me think

youtube.com/watch?v=zvMFm5nKeUc

These guys too

stifler's mom

This and Indestructible

Annie, who the fuck is Annie?

Which song? I only know Down with the Sickness and their verdion of HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND.

>annie are you ok?
>hows annie

WHAT DID LYNCH MEAN BY THIS

youtube.com/watch?v=aJZTfl3DmCU

youtu.be/LJ2t4jfVTiU

alien ant farm is Sup Forums related, just watch this kino.

Childhood is idolising Johnny Cash.

Adulthood is realising that MFATGG did it better.

youtube.com/watch?v=mFGVmKzg-rc

Is alternative rock even alive anymore?
I feel like I haven't heard a new rock song topping the charts in the past decade or so.

>At slow speed we all seem focused
>In motion we seem wrong

Holy shit they knew about 24fps being superior to 48.

youtube.com/watch?v=dmBM8vpRMMQ

Childhood is idolizing The who
Adulthood is realizing limp biscuit is better

It actually is

Ironically The Killers killed alt rock. They were the last successful rock band.

Do you ever think there will be a rock revival in the near future?
This lame rap-pop domination of the industry is so fucking bland right now.

What was the rock band that did a version of Drunken Sailor? I've been trying to figure it out but googling just gives you Assassin's Creed and Irish Rovers. It's annoying the shit out of me, especially since I remember a time when the rock version was the first thing you'd find.

Isn't Imagine Dragons a rock band too? And what about My Chemical Romance's Black Parade album, I remember normies liking it. Also, it wasn't the Killers who killed popular rock, people just stopped listening to that kind of music around mid 00s and they were among last popular acts

Childhood is idolizing Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal.

Manchildhood is idolizing the Alien Ant Farm version.

Adulthood is realizing Glee's version was best.

if you want to pinpoint a real culprit, the strokes basically killed rock up until... well now, I mean the genre is still recovering and trying to re-diversity. I mean it's not their fault that everyone tried to ape their sound but yea it really screwed rock up. someone did a write up on this lately that was pretty good but I can't remember who or what publication for the life of me

You stupid fucks better be memeing but you probably aren't.

ALL THE OTHER KIDS WITH THEIR PUMPED UP KICKS

2Cellos did it best desu.

>literally a song people like when they're 10 years old

Wrong

Wrong anyone thinks of disturbed thinks down with sickness its what made their shitty band popular.

Still wrong. The Black Keys became hugely popular well after The Strokes.

Ghost SquareHammer

Where were you when the greatest rock album was the 2000s was released?

Fall Out Boy is the last great rock band
and their Beat It > Michael Jackson's

>what is Take off Your Pants and jacket

THATS POP PUNK

Wheredoyouthinkyouare.jpg

Childhood is idolizing Madonna.

Adulthood is realizing Rollergirl's Dear Jessie is a much superior version.

>not knowing disturbed for OOOO A A A AHHH

youtube.com/watch?v=OYjZK_6i37M

They choose a boring song for a unique music video

Alien Ant Farm's "vocalist" sings the chorus with weak emotion.
How are you going to have a strong chorus and instruments muddied by sad and lazy vocals during a god damn chorus?

youtube.com/watch?v=IZ-INsq2k_o

>tfw havent listened to music in 5 years

last time I had to commute

sad

Autism.

Dumb meme band. Stop trying to make the early 2000's nostalgic. They were terrible.

when do you listen to music? I mean actually going through an album enough times that you "get" it, no putting a playlist on while you clean

>i didn't hear a thing in the top charts
>therefore it is dead

Mainstreamfags, everyone.

musicians used to be total chads back then, now they're a bunch of numale pussies

I didn't even know he was sick.

>going through an album enough times that you "get" it

Autism.

how much junk was dando on during that video shoot?

CHASEY LAIN
CAN I EAT YOUR ASS

>Fall Out Boy is the last great rock band

Kill yourself you pathetic casual.

like every fucking day. you can literally go on youtube and listen to full albums you know.

i think you might be down with the syndrome

lol no

Why do Gen Z faggots insist on talking about eras where they were babies as if they know anything about them?

>generic, bland early 2000s pop-rock
>lolsorandom music video (again, generic late 90s/early 00s)
>entire song basically a steady stream of dull, vaguely unpleasant background noise accompanied by nonsensical things moving on screen

Epic, 10/10

But im busy doing something else. The only time I can actually listen to music is when commuting.

Let me guess: you're a girl and you "multitask" ie. do two things badly at the same time

Irrelevant, The Strokes and their contemporaries was the exact moment rock music became anachronistic and parodical. It was about inauthentically reviving 60's and 70's aesthetic instead of being sufficiently current as a mainstream cultural force. It's made worse when you realise that The Strokes were all rich private school bitches that begged their daddies for guitars.

Yes rock bands came after The Strokes, some are even very good, but they are all indie, revivalist, or living off of past successes from the 90s. Hip hop is the new rock music, and until people get tired about hearing about the black experience rock music will be underground.

autism

>making music that was popular in the past makes it bad

End your life. Each member of the Strokes has more talent in his high guitar string than you will ever have, useless neckbeard idiot.

kek im a 40 year old fat lonely faggot
but nice projection there

and please do compare limp bizkit, bloodhound gang, millencollin all those shitty late 90's early 2000 bands with fucking imagine dragons and whatever the fuck plays on the radio now

No, rock is pretty much dead at this point. Rap is the new rock

That's ignorant

youtube.com/watch?v=fjBO5hV6CUc

Glow is their best song.

who /thps3/ here
youtube.com/watch?v=WL3BxeyHzss

Do you think he shaved before fucking them? When I was about 13 I hung around on a bunch of pedo forums looking for pictures of qt boys my age and one of the pedos I talked to there said he shaved because body hair scares children.

The last time that rockstars were considered Chads was the 80's. The 90's smashed that with the sensitive, depressed singer-songwriter meme. Chads go to play football, betas pick up electric guitars thinking it would make them cool.

I'm just so sick of nigger music. I'd even take trashy pop rock again.

they always do

youtube.com/watch?v=EkXARgL2xaU

Pic unrelated?

>Rap is the new rock

The fuck does that even mean? you think Rock is just a cultural phenomenon based around rebellion? you fucking idiot. Rock is alive and well but faggots like you who only listen to top 40 won't know it.