Why is it called the lord of the rings...

Why is it called the lord of the rings? I assume that the lord is the one who made the rings (the elf from shadow of mordor? I don't know if it's cannon) but he's not in the movie. Is sauron the lord? If so why? Pls help

Sauron is the lord because he controls the rings that the men got

There is only one Lord of the Ring and he does not share power.

Sauron/Satan is what's being referenced.

Sauron is the Lord of the Rings, I'm pretty sure they mention it in the movie (and books)

>satan

um... no sweetie, that would be melkor

The "Lord of the Rings" has 3 meanings.

1. Sauron, the controller of the One Ring.
2. The One Ring, the lord of all other rings.
3. Frodo, the ringbearer.

Sauron is the SOLE creator of the One ring. The One ring controls all lesser rings
It really isn't that hard to understand.
Also Shadow of Mordor is literally Fanfiction tier.

>The "Lord of the Rings" has 3 meanings
nah it's just a reference to Sauron. He's explicitly called the Lord of the Rings. The One Ring is not a lord and neither is Frodo.

Sauron isn't representative of Satan. That would be Melkor. Sauron is more like a powerful sorcerer who worships Satan.

Read the fuking books you moron.

Why didn't Fordo just hide the ring up his butt?

>Melkor
>satan

>Melkor
>Not Satan

Sauron and Melkor are both fallen angels. I know obviously in The Silmarillion that Melkor is of a higher order and Sauron is his lieutenant blah blah blah... but that is all outside of the direct scope of how the actual LOTR books play out. If you want to extract the "mythos" that the LOTR tells, which is very heavy influenced by Christianity, then Sauron pretty clearly takes on the type of Baalam/Satan/Lucifer.

If you really want to get autistic you could attribut the differences in Melkor and Sauron as essentially being like the opposite version of theTrinity (God the Father, God the Son, and the Holy Ghost) in Christianity, with Melkor being Satan proper, Sauron as being Satan the deceiver and the whisperer as he was in the Garden of Eden as a snake, and the One Ring being the physical manifestation of the temptation of sin (which Satan himself being referred to as "The Man of Sin" and the "Son of Perdition" in the Bible).

Dude you can't just say "ignore the silmarillion and I'm right."

This.

>LOTR tells, which is very heavy influenced by Christianity
It's much more influenced by Norse and Germanic folklore. The only Christian influence is the strict duality between good and evil, which is obviously not an exclusively Christian idea.

Tolkien's world isn't that dualist, nor is Christianity. Good is clearly superior to evil, unlike for example Zoroastrianism. The most Christian thing in Tolkien's work is that all evil can be traced back to Melkor (the original sin).

idk what about the wizard as angels and messianic figures

The Valar are much more based on Greek and Roman gods than Christian angels despite what people say.

I never got why is was called after Sauron when he has actually such a small part in the story.

>Dude you can't just say "ignore the silmarillion and I'm right."

For one, yes I can. The LOTR is a self-contained story and all of the Silmarillion stuff wasn't even published until after he died and was based in large parts off of his notes. I said IF you treat it like a self-contained story, which is what everyone had to do prior to the Silmarillion being published or if you're just not a hardcore Tolkien fan and just read/know about the LOTR, then yes as it stands that is how the book presents itself.

Of course you deliberately ignored the second half of my post anyway where I said even if you take the Silmarillion in mind it STILL is true provided you view Satan as having his own "Trinity" like like the Christian God does. So don't go accusing me of ignoring shit when that's what you're doing.

What is it about lotr threads that bring the best out of tv......

tolkiens son shitposts here

The Lord of the Rings is a book of Christian mythos repackaged within a pagan setting. Brainlets don't really get this as it requires you to have a great deal of understanding of Christianity and the Bible, as well as the ability to extract higher themes from a book that wasn't written as allegory (with the people who are just itching to post that Tolkien quote don't even understand what "allegory" even means in that context).

If you want something that really is explicitly pagan read Tolkien's "The Children of Hurin" which is in large part a retelling of the story of Kullervo in the Middle Earth setting.

Frodo is called Lord of the Ring in the book aswell

more than that, he controlled everyone who wore the ring, the elfs removed their ring during Sauron's prime and the dwarfs were too strong willed to be arsed into doing Sauron's bidding (a shortsight of his) and preferred to jew up gold, men on the other hand were easily corrupted.

All in all, Sauron had control over all the rings, but with caveats.

Morgoth is Satan.

>um... no sweetie

Fucking stop this

Dwarves literally have no soul in Lord of the Rings which is why they are hard to corrupt.

Closer to the earth than those of the living. Literally born from the earth.

um... no sweetie

Nigga how stupid are you?

The point is to try egging you into replying, so if everybody just stopped replying to these people, it'd just go away.

Same goes for anything around here. If it isn't legitimate conversation, it's there for the sake of trying to get (You)s, one exception being if somebody makes a statement giving their opinion on something without actively acting like a cunt, because the second people slap on attitude to anything around here it's for attention. True purely opinionated statements are neutral and not antagonizing in the slightest towards others.

>without actively acting like a cunt
>True purely opinionated statements are neutral and not antagonizing in the slightest towards others.
>True purely opinionated statements are neutral and not antagonizing in the slightest towards others.

Ummmm......sweetie....

Ehhh I'm not sure what you mean, but either merry or pippin called him that in rivendell and was immediately corrected not to do that. Frodo isn't called the Lord of the ring

>Dwarves literally have no soul

Eru gave them one though.

um... no sweetie

>Celebrimbor is not in the movie
You can see an elf forging rings in the very beginning if I'm not mistaken.
If not, it's heavily referenced.

Okay, these threads were originally painful, then hilarious, and now they're just blatant bait

Cause then Sam would turn invisible every night.

How do you people know all this stuff? Was it all on the lotr books?

What's so special about the one ting anyway? All it does is turn you invisible and let the bad guys see you. What a lame super power.

Oh wow, just like midgets have no soul IRL.

What happened to the elf and dwarf rings? We know the man ring wielders got turned into the wraiths.

Are there just rings of power out there chilling somewhere?

What would happen if someone found eleven of the rings and put one on each finger and the ring of power on his cock?

>turn you invisible and let the bad guys see you
Just like Sup Forums.

Gandalf, Galadriel and someone else (Elrond?) wear the elven rings
The dorf rings all disappeared into dragon horts and Balrog stomachs, Sauron essentially capured them all back

Elrond, galadriel and Gandalf (Gandalf got his ring from cirdan) have the elven rings
Sauron presumably has the dwarf rings

i think it was mentioned he had 3

So they wear the rings to prevent them from being taken back by Sauron, or do they actively use the power they contain?

Yeah I guess that's right

Both
Iirc, Gandalfs ring helps him amplify his natural ability to rally an inspire motivation in other beings
Galadriel uses hers to ward her lands against Saurons influence, essentially hiding and preserving them or something along those lines
Dunno what Elronds ring does

They might have worn them in secret, but the only time they wore them openly in LOTR was after the one ring was destroyed

Sauron crafted the One himself in secret. Celebrimbor created the three rings of elves.

Nah they wore them all along. When they were in lorien, frodo was able to see galadriel's ring, but sam wasn't. This was because he'd work the one ring. The rings became visible to all once the one ring was destroyed

Why didn't Eru just shoot Sauron, Melkor, and Ungoliant?

>the elf from shadow of mordor? I don't know if it's cannon

Good bait.

gandie didn't though

So is frodo gay or what?

Yes, him and Bilbo were "exclusive bachelor's" for a reason.

lmao did they died virgins?

they both went to the undying lands. so they are probably immortal now.

undying lands = heaven

>tfw you literally save the world and still die a virgin

Sam got rosie pregnant AND travelled to the undying lands

nO

>Sam got rosie pregnant

I read that as "Roastie".

>gets girl pregnant
>leaves her and goes to heaven
>surround himself with slender elf qts
BASED

what no?

Yeah I was talking about Frodo

I believe rosie was already dead when he went to undying lands.

It's called the Undying Lands because it's where the elves went. You don't become immortal by going there.

could they have reunited in Valinor?

I don't think they died there. bilbo was already old as hell. he didn't go there to die.
we don't know eru's plans for humans. hobbits were related to humans.

>why didn't god just kill hitler, stalin, mao

Umm how about no sweetie

I am the Lord of the "Rings"