Expect awesome animation with outlandish demonic characters and situations

>expect awesome animation with outlandish demonic characters and situations
>get 3 seasons of WANDAAAAAAAAAAA

Season 1 was the best and closest to the comics. It rapidly got worse and worse from there.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yEjjj6smZP8
youtube.com/watch?v=e3knR0rQ934
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It wasn't supposed to be a straight up action show, it was supposed to be dark, gothic, and atmospheric

If you want straight up action watch the live action movie

>WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME!?
>WAAAAAAAAAAANDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>I MISS WAAAAAAAAAAANDAAAAAAAA

it isnt any of those things most of the time, it's just the protag angsting endlessly over his ex. if that's what he's gotta do to take his mind off his predicament, then whatever, but let him do most of it off-screen.

Well, the whole point is him coming back for his Wanda, but the demons fucked him over, and the entirety of hell points and laughs at him as he runs around in circles tripping over himself trying to figure out how to get back with her.

Then once in a while he finds some super huge '90s guns to fuck some shit up with.

the problem is that we, the audience, dont give a shit about wanda and having to watch so much "wanda abloo bloo bloo" gets old fast. it would be better if he spent less time thinking about her and more time developing relationships with the characters he actually interacts with

A little off topic, but I got through all of season 1 and a bit into season 2, is the show an accurate depiction of spawns power set/levels? Because whilst I enjoyed it and am different to 'muh power levels' he seemed like a little bitch in terms of his fighting ability and powers

Spawn was more willing to use his powers in the comic, like blasting a hole through violator's chest with his energy hands but in general Spawn did get his ass kicked a lot in the comic

He even got his ass kicked by an old man wearing armor at some point

>get 3 seasons of WANDAAAAAAAAAAA

3 seasons of Wanda, is a bad thing?

But much of early Spawn is about him befriending all those bums in the alley.

And also coming to terms and kind of working with Terry to figure out all the people pulling the strings behind the scenes.

I mean, that's kind of how it went in the comics. I have to admit, I've only seen bits and pieces of the cartoon, so I don't really remember it all that well, but there were all sorts of other characters he interacted with and whatnot on the side in the actual comic.

>you're about two seconds away from wearing that smile around your ass

Really, he had a very finite amount of energy in the beginning of the comic.

But all of that stopped mattering back in issue.....uh....50? 100? when he used up all of his energy and ended up going back to hell....the first time. I'm pretty sure it was actually issue 50.

There's one awesome page of Spawn where he gets drunk with some hobos from his turf and they sing the Flintstones theme song.

Spawn shouts "WIIIILMAAAAAA!" at the end.
Replace that with "WAAAANDAAAAAAA!" and you have the quintessence of the comic.

It all makes sense when you realize Todd McFarlane is 13 and his parents just divorced and the girl he really liked just started dating a jock from another school that is 19 and has his own car

Spawn is pretty much a comic that never evolved past like, 1996. If you want a relic that epitomizes capeshit from the '90's, Spawn is your dish.

>It rapidly got worse and worse from there.
So just like the comics then?

Spawn is a pretty shit comic and IP overall.

>Season 1 was the best and closest to the comics. It rapidly got better and batter from there.

There fixed it for you. The comics were shit (at least the first 30 in which this series is based). Some stuff made no sense and Im glad the animated version took the general idea of it and made something much more cohesive with it and made Jason a real antagonist instead of making him Anti-Spawn. The comic didnt have 15 issues and already jumped the shark there.

>no billy kincaid in hell episode
>no angela
>violator only appears in brief cameos
>no malebolgia
>no scenes in hell period

pretty lame desu

Sorry that title still belongs to savage Dragon.

>The Spawn movie was the first movie to have a white guy cuck a black man.

>>get 3 seasons of WANDAAAAAAAAAAA

It's Spawn. You have no one but yourself to blame for this.

I did like the brief appearances Violator did have.

>"Consider this a friendly reminder; GET WITH THE FUCKING PROGRAM."

youtu.be/yEjjj6smZP8

youtube.com/watch?v=e3knR0rQ934
This was the only other time he spoke, and for some reason they changed his voice from soft and whispery to deep and guttural
Although to be fair, the latter is probably more in line with the comic version

Yeah, it was probably more appropriate to the character. I kinda dug the contrast of Violator being...well, Violator in that soft, whispery rasp.