Licensed Properties that are stil technically canon to Marvel

It never stops to amuse me that Godzilla is still roaming somewhere in the Marvel Universe.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla_(comics)#Marvel_Comics
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Unless that was him Angel killed.

But I hope not.

>amuse me that Godzilla is still roaming somewhere in the Marvel Universe.

He was killed off user. 616 Godzilla was murdered by the X-Men. Bill and Ted and Conan are still around though.

Well that sad to hear........... In the mean time someone explain Death's Head with out sounding nuts.

ROM and Micronauts are still canon too, but now that they have comics at IDW they REALLY won't show up.

Death's Hand existed in the Transformers universe, which also has their own version of the Avengers, SHIELD, and Spider-Man. The Doctor was hopping realities because, well, he's the Doctor. And after one crazy adventure which involved him shrinking, they ended up in 616.

Head*

He's a robot bounty hunter (sorry, "freelance peacekeeping agent") from the Transformers universe who got knocked into a portal, met Doctor Who, got shrunk down to the size of a human, and landed in 616 Marvel.

And theres also a possible future version of him that he doesn't like and sometimes they meet.

These are things that make me love comics. Why can't have more of this wackiness?

Someone at Marvel apparently said they don't want to do anymore crossovers because of some retarded reason. Meanwhile DC just got done with a book where Batman teamed up with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Probably don't wanna pay the licensing fees.

I don't think Marvel would be the ones paying in this case. Then again, I have no idea how these cross company crossovers work, so disregard my opinion I guess.

ROM

I don't really get how Marvel canon works, but versions of Combattler V, Brave Raideen, and Danguard Ace were stomping around their universe, only to be destroyed offscreen in a FF issue.

Conan's still canon, he's just long dead.

Rule of thumb is basically that everything is canon, unless stated to be an alternate Earth in a comic. Since writers go back on their word a lot. There is a nice theory that's going around that says that the reason the heroes have only aged 15 years since the 60's is because Franklin Richards has subconsciously been altering reality. So you can write off any inconsistency as him altering the timeline again.

well, Conan probably died like, ten thousand years ago. since he was born ten thousand years ago and doesn't have superpowers

he's still plotting, no doubt...

>He was killed off user.
>Implying he'll stay dead or that there isn't another Godzilla.

Have you watched that movies?

The world shall hear from him again.

He got transformed into a different looking monster and continued without the "Godzilla" name.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla_(comics)#Marvel_Comics

more importantly, how the fuck did Angel kill someone the Avengers, Shield, the Fantastic Four, and the Champions of LA (who included Angel) couldn't kill

All the licensed wackiness is over at IDW now.

He would go on to sell insurance, stay a literally who, and then become known only because of Nextwave.

Legacy characters.

>He was killed off user. 616 Godzilla was murdered by the X-Men.

When did this happen?

Maybe in the Marvel Universe, Marvel Godzilla is weaker than any of his film counterparts.

Doc Savage probably still existed in the 1930's and 40's. All the Marvel crossovers he had, had him still in the 1930's and was either a flashback that didn't involve the modern-day Marvel hero (the Spider-Man crossover) or time travel (this one with Thing and Human Torch). It's unknown what happened to him or his crew, since all the other Marvel Doc tales take place in the 30's.

GI Joe was published weekly in the UK under the name Action Force and at one point started to use the Master of Kung-Fu stories as back-up. Prior to its start, they had Grant Morrison and Steve Yeowell do a short story with GI Joe's Quick Kick recapping the basics about Shang-Chi for new readers.

This is one of the few times that GI Joe ever actually acknowledged the Marvel Universe (the other was when JJJ appeared in an issue of GI Joe).

By the way, Clive Reston's relatives are implied to be Sherlock Holmes and James Bond.

Is Heroes Reborn still canon?

Cuz at the end of Heroes Reborn the Marvel heroes teamed up with some Wildstorm characters (who are now DC).

And here's the J. Jonah Jameson appearance in GI Joe #95.

That was really more like the Marvel/DC crossover or the JLA/Avengers crossover in which it was two universes combining, so it isn't like the other ones in the thread.

Technically, S.W.O.R.D. implied that he was originally from 616 before travelling to Primax 984.20 Gamma, unless that was a different Death's Head.

Yeah, I think that was the implication. The idea is that he was fucking huge when he was in 616, then got sent to the Transformers UK/Action Force universe where he modified himself over time to look like the version we first see him in "Wanted Galvatron: Dead Or Alive!". From there all the Transformers stuff happens, and then he gets in the path of the Doctor, gets shrunk, has some adventures, encounters the Doctor again, and ends up back in 616.

Not really a licensed property (since it was public domain by the time Marvel used it), but War of the Worlds is canon to a Marvel Universe, one where the events of the novel happened, and then the Martians invaded again sometime in the 90's, killing almost all the superheroes, and leading to the events of Killraven and the 90's Guardians of the Galaxy.

But speaking of Killraven, at one point the UK published Planet of the Apes, and they ran out of new material to print, so they reedited Killraven comics to turn into a new feature called Apeslayer and instead of the regular Martians, it was bionic simian aliens from Mars.

Examples of non-Marvel properties given official designations:

* The Transformers - Earth-91274
* The Transformers UK - Earth-120185
* Alien Legion - Earth-98140
* Inhumanoids - Earth-87119
* Planet of the Apes - Earth-7481
* The Evil Dead/Army of Darkness - Earth-818793
* Manimal and Automan - Earth-83930

Dammit, UK...

bump