So I just started Young Justice and getting near the end of season 1. What are Sup Forums's thoughts on it?

So I just started Young Justice and getting near the end of season 1. What are Sup Forums's thoughts on it?

I cannot comprehend how angsty Superboy is. Its fucking unreal, hopefully the edge wears off but he's borderline unstable half the time.

Robin is pretty good, even if his voice actor enunciates words too me. I appreciate that he's the youngest so he's not Batman 2.0 with humor.
Miss Martian's Hello Meghan shit got old the second time I heard it.
And Wally is the most useless fucking thing on the show. He literally doesn't accomplish anything besides grab a device or civilian, every one of his techniques fail, and he literally only uses super speed a quarter of the time during the fights, to the point where he's running alongside the team casually.

Also, I can't tell so far if the adult superheroes are a little too nerfed or not. I would've liked one or two different ones every other episode to show up and help out in a really bad situation, and the rest be exclusively YJ. Batman and Red Tornado always being there is kind of meh. Also, female heroes usually prevail during every fight.

The things you dislike about the main cast do get changed over the course of the show.

>And Wally is the most useless fucking thing on the show.

All Flashes are useless in teams, news at 11.

Even Wally? Because his character is humorous kinda but literally never succeeds at anything he does.
But in JL and JLU, Flash had his episodes where he didn't job, and was the focal point. Plus, he was sort of the protagonist, kind of.

I watched the show for the first time back when it was recently put up on Netflix and wasn't able to get through S2, now that I'm rewatching it however I seem to be enjoying it a lot more than when I saw it the first time.

Robin and Kalder are two of the better characters, Robin because you really get a sense of character: Dick Grayson as a kid was generally well-done and the early episodes do a good job of projecting Robin's character arc and showing how he can still screw up without feeling too perfunctory.

Kalder's a character I like because I think his powers are cool, which is admittedly the six-year old's reason to like anything. That being said he's got some cool character moments, but the show seemed to deliberately skip over any of the scenes I felt which should be "his" (thar be spoilers).

>Wally
On a visual level, the series never really figures out how to portray Wally's speed without it coming off as a cheap effect.

1/2

>I cannot comprehend how angsty Superboy is. Its fucking unreal, hopefully the edge wears off but he's borderline unstable half the time.

He was edgy on the first few episodes, then it wore off for a while, then it came back when he met Lex.

He's full-on mellow moralfag for season two.

>someone says Meghan aggressively
>he fucking explodes
Everytime. I find it hard Batman doesn't give Robin something incase he goes berserk, since he's shown several times to be sort of unstable.

It has more to do with Weismann not liking Wally or just being a complete hack. He is supposed to get over it and become the most broken Flash.

Instead he gets killed for being slow.

2/2

>Miss Martian
M'gan pays off as a character, although all of those plot points should come to the fore near the end of S1. Superboy also becomes bearable later on, but they do layer the angst on thick. It comes off as more generic than anything else though.

A character who I ended up liking a lot upon rewatch was Arrowette. Maybe it's because I've been rotted by anime but I enjoyed how Wally would trigger her to be tsundere as fuck. That and the Secret episode kind of endeared the character to me
>Have assassin dad
>Have assassin sister
>Have ex-assassin mom
>Still scared of ghosts

I've got a question for anybody on S2: Do you think they jumped the gun with S2's time-skip? We barely get to see any of the plot-relevant events at the beginning and any potential character growth from those events is undercut by skipping it.

>write a great show
>cancel it

Kaldur:
>calm and smart, admirable
>not much personality or internal drive, doesn't seem to like anything or have hobbies

Wally:
>surprisingly smart and not too annoying
>best speedster
>garish outfit, team dropout

Dick:
>he's Dick and therefore great
>doesn't show his ass enough

Artemis:
>a bitch
>hot

Zatanna:
>barely present
>best girl

Megan:
>annoying
>hot mindrape and gray morality, sorta cool
>overpowered, shit taste in tv shows, a rapist

Connor:
>stopped being angsty and got pretty cool
>good outfit, not retarded latex capeshit
>too many pets, rage!connor was retarded
>Lex's bastard lovechild, kinkster

Fish boy:
>annoying
Beast boy:
>annoying

Blue beetle:
>hilarious and awesome

I got the sense that the series really liked Impulse a lot more, because for most of S2 Wally is sidelined and "retired".

It clearly got hit by the Weisman curse. I talked with Peter David at a con last month, and he was still burning a torch for the show.

Also
>best girl is barely present

Agreed, if there is a legit criticism about S2 it's that the cast got bloated. Character threads which demanded a follow up in S1 weren't always given enough space to be fully fleshed out.

Blue Beetle was great and all, but he took way to much screen time.

Yeah it was obvious he was a barryfag & bartfag. that whole "allen genes" talk was pretty awful.

Someone's gotta be the angry guy. I'm glad they used the opportunity to make Superman look like an autistic asshat

>I find it hard Batman doesn't give Robin something incase he goes berserk
it gives you an erectionÉ

Oh, and too many grrrl power episodes.

If anything Megan ate too much screen time and Kaldur barely any. Artemis and Red Arrow were about right. Never enough Dick. I fucking love Jaime so I was fine with it.

I hated that Wally and Barry weren't shown together as much..

Supposedly with its success on Netflix, it might get picked up again.

The Joker was literally the worst thing I have ever seen.

Also
>Superboy not instantly getting blown the fuck out by Black Adam

If anything, Superman's indifference actually made Connor's angst sensible.

I kind of disagree, there was never a moment where the series went OH U SILLY BOYS. The closest there was to that was the all-girl squad going after Queen Bee and Barb giving Dick shit about it. I can excuse the characters giving each other shit about things, and trying to embarrass each other because they're still teenagers.

Megan in S2's opening episodes, however, did eat up a lot of screentime. Then again, the opening episodes of S2 should have devoted themselves towards tracking character development, but seemed to over-focus on the small sneaky aliens. This was when Kaldur's BIG MOMENT got sidelined in favor of explosions.

Joker and Klarion are examples of characters with decent designs wasted by questionable voice direction and somewhat rote characterizations.

Although to be fair, Joker is nothing more than a minor character in this series (as a matter of fact, nearly all of the villains besides Lex felt a little meh to me, but I'm a huge Luthor-fag).
>Clancy Brown voices a character
>It's not Lex Luthor.

The Joker being a very minor character is somewhat excusable, but his voice lines were fucking awful. Like, there's no excuse for that. Also
>most bad guys have sideburns
why

I'm leaning more to the hack side
who makes a Young Justice show withinspiration from the Johns' Teen Titans but not Young Justice?

>Red Arrow sounds exactly like David Hayter

The first season was okay. Decent animation, teen angst wears thin fast. The show was clearly center around the Original/Re-Imagined characters created for it. Namely, Artemis and Aqualad.

Season 2 is complete shit. Revolves around the concept that everyone is a complete fucking moron and does things for no reason in order to make very specific characters interact. It was basically an Artemis and Aqualad circle-jerk.
Not to spoil anything, but the show climaxes on Artemis and Aqualad both being the center of attention and completely irrelevant in the long. (Think Indiana Jones and the raiders of the lost ark irrelevant, but not fun.)

It's fucking super hero show centered around characters that are like: "No, I don't want to be a super hero, because i have feelings."

I'm just quoting there.

Klarion is the coolest concept never used well

>It has more to do with Weismann not liking Wally or just being a complete hack. He is supposed to get over it and become the most broken Flash.

It's the complete opposite: Weisman loves the underdog and preferred to see Wally doing the right thing and being heroic, even when he struggled the most.

It was never supposed to be a Young Justice show. The name was given to them by the higher ups since Teen Titans was already taken.

They did have some nods to YJ here and tehre, though. Also, PAD wrote some episodes for both seasons.

>garish outfit
>Not loving Kid Flash's flowing ginger locks

Season 2 had a really bad start. They decided to do an "event" with invasion and it turned out just like large-scale crossover events in comic books: bloated with exposition, centering in on uncompelling bad guys, and skipping over anything of substance for explosions.

Season 1 built up certain plot-threads (Artemis and her family, Zatanna and Zatara, Superboy's unspoken relationship with Superman) and dropped them in favor of an arc about fighting space thieves.

>Clancy Brown voices a character
>It's not Lex Luthor.

As much as I like DCAU Luthor, it would've been the wrong performance for this take on the character.

Honestly, I didn't mind the time-skip that much. All of the important plot points were followed up upon and the plot was actually genuinely exciting to watch.

The only thing that fell flat to me was Superboy and Superman's relationship, but I was glad to see that they didn't budge in to Bruce's parents hangup and decided to be siblings instead.

>Instead he gets killed for being slow.

They were trying to go for something like Barry's death in the comics, but since Barry wasn't a main character on the show, they used Wally because it would've had more impact.

And it would have worked too if it were for this meddling excutives canceling season 3

There is one thing this show had in spades:

Sup Forums shotas.

Yeah basically he was a hack. Not only he executed it shittily he also completely missed the point of character.

Wally is like a shonen hero, you are supposed to get HYPE about him overcoming his insecurities and become more powerful and a much better hero against the adversaries he faced, not to die like a fucking pussy.

Even DC Rebirth handled it much better than this shit.