Comic creator twitter is getting pretty fucking saucy about this whole Rucka/Cho spat

Comic creator twitter is getting pretty fucking saucy about this whole Rucka/Cho spat.

Do you guys think it was worth it to bring Rucka back to write Wonder Woman?

Other urls found in this thread:

bleedingcool.com/2016/07/14/frank-cho-walks-off-wonder-woman-after-sixth-cover/
strawpoll.me/10757580
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Do you guys think it was worth it to bring Rucka back to write Wonder Woman?
dc probably needs rucka more than cho needs dc, rucka needs dc or dc needs cho, so i guess

It seems this started a Civil War between comic artist and writers.

>saucy about this whole Rucka/Cho spat.

Oh shit, what happened now.

>tfw Rucka defines himself as a lesbian
I mean, what the fuck is wrong with him, for fuck sake!

James Robinson there is a writer, albeit one that jumped ship from DC because of editorial disputes in the first place.

>"This truly was a Disney's Marvel's Captain America: Civil War starring Robert Downey Jr."

Bravo Joss

Will this controversy increase the sales of WONDER WOMAN?

I mean, Marvel has shown us that controversy, forced or not, always translate into an increase in sales.

But Cho is still at DC and still drawing WW

I really like Zircher. I don't agree with all of his opinions but I like that he's always honest. He also is fucking passionate about Superman and he knows a lot about classic artists.

Has Rucka said anything?

Yes. Cho's a baby. Leave if you want but don't go cry to BleedingCool about the mean writer making you change your art. (which was actually cropping in slightly)

He was inly drawing covers. Hes not doing interiors

Rucka was micromanaging Cho on his variant covers so Cho left.

yes but moving a variant artist to another book isn't as complicated as losing your writer, especially when the book is double shipping

FUCK OFF JAMES YOU'RE A FUCKING BRITSHIT KEK

GO SUCK MORE CAMEL COCK FUCKING HACK

This is less about "DC FUCKED UP AGAIN" and more about "ARTIST V WRITER".

If you read any of the articles you'd know there was far more to it you ignorant slag.

tldr?

Cho went to BC to clear up a rumor because he didn't want people to think it was a problem with editorial.

>hey don't draw panty shots or other proactive things and if you do I might have the pic edited to get rid of that stuff
>don't you censor me, I'll just go somewhere else

That's basically it.

This isn't comics nor cartoons.

>"but theyre talking about something tangentially rela-

No. This is twitter drama bullshit that's fueled by a nothing outrage between an egotist writer and a primadonna artist. Both of them are at DC and the issue was resolved, fuck off with this "what did he say/she say tho?" bullshit and leave it on twitter where it belongs.

Yeah I don't agree with him on a lot of political stuff, but his twitter is a lot of fun to follow regardless because he posts so much about classic comics history.

DON'T TALK SHIT ABOUT THE RUCKATEER!
does anyone still have that screencap of all the different nicknames for him?

What could he say? Sometimes there are professional disagreements. It's going to happen when there are people with differing viewpoints. It's probably DC's fault for not letting Cho know ahead of time that Rucka would get final say but at least they fixed it in a way that would let him keep drawing WW.

see
It's a writer v artist thing

>implying it was a panty shot
Do people forget that wondy was basically in panties for half a century?

He yelled at someone asking about and his silence claiming access to him is a privilege not a right.

Ruckaroni and cheese was my favorite

>I'm incredibly uninformed, but I want to share my opinion nonetheless.

Yes but instead odrawing the skirt longer like some others might or not drawing a pic where having to draw the panty line is necessary, he just drew the panty line, and Rucka didn't like that.

Greg Rucka is literally the Nintendo Treehouse of comics.

Rucka's Wonder Woman is incredibly boring anyway. The one positive about it were Cho's variant covers.

Except that's what happened.

Cho wanted to draw things that Rucka didn't like, called it censorship when Rucka wouldn't let him, and then left that book to go draw Trinity variants instead.

>why can't i draw panties on the cover ;___;
>i just wanna masturbate in peace

there was no rumor or anything until BC posted his comments.

>this is provocative

But he was okay with Wonder Woman being completely nude in the interior art, but finds Wonder Woman's tights (NOT underwear) showing to be unacceptable on a variant?

Give me a fucking break.

kek

There was no rumor because Cho cleared it up.

I agree with Rucka that the panty line is stupid.

>in the interior art
That's probably one reason why he was okay with it there.

Congratulations on this marvelous (you) trap

I stopped reading rebirth WW after two issues. But considering he views himself as a "lesbian" (but not trans) gives me a bad feeling that he's not playing well with people like Cho.

>OH MY GOD HOW DARE YOU IMPLY WOMEN WEAR UNDERWEAR
William Marston didn't intend Wonder woman to be oppressed by prudes user.

>Sup Forums hates hearing the truth

I know, user.

It's not 'panties' its her god damn shorts, the ones she's been wearing since forever.

>I agree with Rucka that the panty line is stupid.
What the fuck is wrong with you?
Its what she has worn for 72 fucking years just obscured by the skirt now.
Fuck Off!!!

Rucka was written Wonder Woman comics before, comics that had much more saucy covers.

Except Rucka wanted Cho to completely change everything about his art? He tried to micromanage every little thing for all of his variants, which is fucking unheard of and it doesn't take a genius to figure out he just did it to target Cho for some perceived slights.

Cho's variants weren't even "cheesecakey" at all. They were pretty awesome and tasteful and there was no reason to do what Rucka did.

>i have to have underwear being shown at all times
Zenescope exists for a reason, you know.

looking at the pencils and then the released 3 it seems like what rucka wanted was pretty minor. (underwear not showing)

There is literally nothing he could say that would make him look good. He's being smart and keeping quiet because he knows he's in the wrong.

What's he gonna say? "Yes I nitpicked Cho's covers a lot because I don't like his chinky dick?" Second best option would be to lie and say Cho is leaving to spite him, but that makes no sense since Cho was excited as fuck to be allowed to draw Wonder Woman. .

Obviously Rucka doesn't like the fact that Wonder Woman wear panties and prefer the pantiesless Wonder Woman.

Yeah, Wonder Woman should go commando. Amazons probably never even heard of panties.

It's not even lewd, it's just ugly like that. Rucka was right.

How does anything you say contradict to what you're replying to?

Not even underwear. How fucking dumb are you? She's wearing a twist on the hoplite skirt, basically it's the same shit she's always worn, just with the skirt added to the waistline.

It's her goddamn leotard you retard

Calm down, you're looking just as sensitive as Rucka right now.

nah it's underwear. super unprofessional for her to have it flashing around in a fight

If you're too dumb to figure that out then I feel sorry for you.

>"At all times"
Her underwear wasn't shown in any of the other covers.
How the god damn fuck does defending it being shown periodically equal demanding it being shown at all times.
Fuck You.

And Zenescope is deck with non existent characters we want WONDER WOMAN to be fucking sexy.

Seeing what they did to Earth 2 without him, I'm inclined to agree.

The bitch has been galavanting around in panties and a corsette for decades. Now that there's an added skirt overtop of the panties it's too lewd? Give me a fucking break. "Panties? How scandalous! Make her go commando, that's less revealing."

Explain these covers.

>Cho wanted to draw things
>Rucka wouldn't let him
>Cho cried censorship and left

Nothing from this contradicts anything from your post.

delete this

>I'm afraid of human sexuality and ashamed of my own body.
Be more sex-positive user.

Easy, Cho didn't draw them so there's nothing wrong with them. At least that's what Rucka and Sup Forumsmblr believe.

>Except Rucka wanted Cho to completely change everything about his art?

Wrong again. bleedingcool.com/2016/07/14/frank-cho-walks-off-wonder-woman-after-sixth-cover/

There's like little to no edits to these, the worst being the one in question with the panties cut out. Stupid, yeah, but its something so minor that Cho probably could have looked over and moved on from if he wasn't such an easily triggered baby.

Gee, its almost like thriving "outrage" from his beautiful but banal cheesecake has sort of spoiled Cho in recent years.

Keep digging that hole

Those are from a decade ago and he most likely had little to no power over those

Anyway Rucka is way more protective over Diana now than he probably ever was
She been shit for a long time under Finch

Rucka is a male lesbian that is also a hypocrite.

So Rucka prefers Wondie going commando at all times?

This is even more provocative than the original. Who knows what could be happening off-screen.

It's okay to be embarrassed user, I forgive you for misreading my post.

Whose side are you on? Was Rucka an emotional lesbian or did Cho overreacted?

strawpoll.me/10757580

You're missing an important key of information.
RUCKA WASN'T CHO'S BOSS. Cho shouldn't have to listen to Rucka.

at its core it's just waifufag vs waifufag on who waifus her best

>Gee, its almost like thriving "outrage" from his beautiful but banal cheesecake has sort of spoiled Cho in recent years.

it's so delicious

they're both retards and highly sensitive manbabies

>Cho says he was being micromanaged on every cover
>"No he wasn't I know so because of reasons"

wew lad

Until Rucka comes out and calls out Cho for being an overreacting babby and refutes his accusations, we have to assume he's not lying. If he is, then why won't Rucka just step up and tell us that we're being played by him?

DC told Rucka he could have that power in order to convince him to come back. They probably fucked up and forgot to tell Cho that ahead of time.

Lmao you retard. If you actually read the latest interview you'd know how fucking dumb you look.

He micromanaged the shit out of Cho's own works, telling him to do shit like change the bracers, change lasso positioning, show less skin, etc...

Absolute absurdity and the fact that you support this nonsense from a writer dictating and stifling Cho's artwork on variants so much is incredibly disappointing.

>Didio and Johns had to beg for Rucka to come back
>2012-2013 was plagued by writers leaving and being fired
>Rucka is regarded as one of the best Wondy writers and her movie is coming up
>Rucka was allowed to chose Doyle as his group editor
>Batgirl fiasco where the writers didn't like the variant

user for all we know Doyle and whatever higher ups are giving Rucka a lot of power, including what happens with covers, so he could very well be allowed to tell Cho what to do.

And if it's somewhat true and Cho doesn't like it, then he was right to leave.

He shouldn't have that power

Shut up fake lesbian.

Okay, then please explain how Rucka's actions weren't censorship.

It's fine if you don't respond, I'll understand.

Okay but it would still make him Cho's boss.

>Until Rucka comes out and calls out Cho for being an overreacting babby and refutes his accusations, we have to assume he's not lying

Why? People will just deny him and go "NUH UH, MY BOY CHO DIDNT DO NUFFIN'" Cho knows this, that's why he went crying in the first place.

Those original sketches compared to the official releases is proof enough that (even if Rucka was being a baby about it) Cho was magnifying the issue. Hell, the fact he's still on DC, just doing variants on Trinity shows that the issue wasn't as bad as he was making it out. They probably just wanted it to end so they split them off.

Kurt Busiek said that Yes since they own the characters DC/Marvel can change your product in anyway they want, so if you don't like that go creator owned.

He shouldn't tho, he"s not an editor he's a writer and they shouldn't be able to control artists.

I never said it wasn't censorship?

Bad composition

Why not?

>Comic creator twitter

This is just anatomically fucking terrible

No human being contorts themselves to pose like this, and her hips are some sort of antiecleudian nightmare

But DC wasn't changing the product, rucka was and he doesn't own wonder woman.

It gives me a boner so it's anatomically great, stop being a prude.