All the problem lies with Greg Rucka

>All the problem lies with Greg Rucka.

>EVERYONE loves my Wonder Woman covers and wants me to stay. Greg Rucka is the ONLY one who has any problem with covers. Greg Rucka has been trying to alter and censor my artwork since day one.

>Greg Rucka thought my Wonder Woman #3 cover was vulgar and showed too much skin, and has been spearheading censorship, which is baffling since my Wonder Woman image is on model and shows the same amount of skin as the interior art, and it’s a VARIANT COVER and he should have no editorial control over it. (But he does. WTF?!!!)

>I tried to play nice, not rock the boat and do my best on the covers, but Greg’s weird political agenda against me and my art has made that job impossible. Wonder Woman was the ONLY reason I came over to DC Comics.

>To DC’s credit, especially [Art Director] Mark Chiarello, they have been very accommodating. But they are caught between a rock and a hard place.

>I just wanted to be left alone and do my Wonder Woman variant covers in peace. But Greg Rucka is in a hostile power trip and causing unnecessary friction over variant covers.

Whose side are you on? Was Rucka a cunt or did Cho overreacted?

strawpoll.me/10757580

Rucka because fuck Cho threads

The art basket joke didn't need daily threads for a full year

I don't like Cho at all so his first point is already invalidated. Rucka knows his audience and Cho is not how you advertise to that.

Rucka is a nutjob that thinks he's a lesbian in man's body (totes not trans tho) because of his feminie masculinity.

It wouldn't surprise me if he pulled this shit against Cho because of his recent awakening.

I think Cho overreacted a bit, but I do believe that Rucka was probably against Cho doing variants from the start.
But I would be too.

They're both fucking faggots like 90% of people in this industry

Stop making threads about this shit, goddamn

We already have a thread

mods get rid of this one

>le hipster contrarian face

rucka is being a cunt but he's one of maybe 4 writers that do a good job with WW so whatever

losing Cho's covers is shitty.

Besides that, if what Cho said is true, both are gigantic faggots. Rucka for micromanaging, and Cho for reacting like he has, so whatever.

>thinks he's a lesbian in man's body
What the fuck is this

Even as a fan of his art normally, not really all that bothered by losing Cho's covers, honestly. Whoever's coloring them is doing a crappy job, Diana just looks weird in the final versions whereas the linework looks decent. And Cho's replacement does some good artwork, so not much of a loss.

Yeah just look at the demeaning covers he made. It totally goes against the tone in the Wonderbooks.
the times we live in.

VARIANT covers.

I have to admit, Rucka's being a dick (and frankly a weirdo), but Cho overreacts

>Cho is not how you advertise to that

Cho has a lot of female fans. Plenty of women love cheesecake and pin up stuff

Oh, it's this thread again!

Where's #TeamTheyreBothFuckingBabiesAndShouldBeSmotheredToDeath?

I mean really, do people expect her to be going nude under that thing? The other cover was her in movement, of course one of the flaps wouldnt be in place

Rucka literally has complete control as per his contract. Cho is a fucking idiot for not having what he was supposedly promised put into his own contract.

Is this the Civil War of DC?

No, this is the "Bendis is ruining everything" meme of DC.
Only I don't know if we're going to autistically vilify Rucka or Cho...?

Rucka is a complete cuck who sees his fat white self as a strong lesbian woman.

But they go against the narrative and therefore must be purged.

As much as they're all pictures of "the Cho girl", women can like them because they're realistic depictions of "body positive" female imagery.

In the end it doesn't matter. Cho could have just dealt with it like any other job and Rucka could have communicated a bit more clearly with the art directors in charge of hiring variant talent. The problem is that both of them have inflated egos because of recent events in their own sphere of the comics world, thus the clash.

This desu

I'd say we should be thankful they didn't be more immature and get into a twitter slap fight, but that drama would've been delicious.

There hasn't been a good twitter slap fight between creators in a long time.

Rucka is a weirdo who thinks he's a dyke. I dont have an opinion on this particular matter, but i'd side with this cho guy to be safe.

t. SJW.

Of course Sup Forumsumblr supports censorship.

Cho is big enough that he has the option to walk if he feels like it. Rucka was completely in the wrong.

I think Rucka is overreacting but at the end of the day Cho chose to walk. He wasn't fired, he just couldn't take the heat

>he just couldn't take the heat
If you had the option to walk and had somebody whining about what you should and shouldn't be allowed to draw, wouldn't you?

from what I understand, it doesn't sound like Rucka explicitly demand Cho off the covers. Cho's variant got cropped because of that panty shot and he got pissed and quit?

also
>BUT VARIANT COVERS
yes it's a variant, but it's not an incentive cover (i.e. 1 variant cover book for every 25 regular cover orders.) they're cover price, no different than the variant theme months DC was doing before. that means it's less of a collector item and more of just an alternate cover.

I think Cho draws a beautiful Wonder Woman, but he's always been a huge baby who likes attention of any kind. No one has a secret agenda against him, there is just an expectation out there that you don't draw a panty shot of the most famous heroine in comics for publishing. especially when DC is trying to make a new image for themselves with Rebirth, that cover going to print with the panty shot would have pissed people off.

This.

Rucka is a gigantic faggot. But Cho is a fucking wanker and a huge pussy.

I kinda feel like I have to be with Team Cho on this one because even though he did kind of do the whiny "I'm taking my toys and going home" thing, the fact is that Rucka was overstepping his bounds and doing a power play he had no right to given that he was just the writer rather than an editor, and the "uncensored" version is SO damn innocuous that his objection can't reasonably be about the art itself.

>"I'm taking my toys and going home"

What a fucking pussy

Reposting,

>Since you’re asking me a straight question, I’m going to answer honestly as possible from my point of view.
>Wonder Woman was my dream job at DC Comics. I love and respect the character very much. When I was invited by DC to draw the 24 variant covers for Wonder Woman, I was ecstatic. I was told that I had complete freedom on the variant covers and the only person in charge of me was the senior art director, Mark Chiarello, who I greatly respect. Win-win for everyone.

>Now the variant covers are handled by entirely separate editorial office than the rest of the books. I was given assurance that I would not have to deal with the Wonder Woman book writer or editor at all, and were told I would only be dealing with Mark Chiarello. So I came onboard and started working right away.

>Everything went smoothly at first. I turned in my first batch of cover sketches and Chiarello approved them, and I started finishing and inking them ASAP since these were biweekly covers and we had limited time. Then Chiarello started getting art notes from Greg Rucka ordering him to tell me to alter and change things on the covers. (Remove arm band, make the skirt longer and wider to cover her up, showing too much skin, add the lasso here, etc.) Well, Chiarello and I were baffled and annoyed by Greg Rucka’s art change orders. More so, since the interior pages were showing the same amount or more skin than my variant covers. (For example: Issue #2, panel One, etc.) I requested that Greg Rucka back off and let me do my variant covers in peace. After all, these were minor and subjective changes. And let’s face it, being told by a non-artistic freelancer what I can and cannot draw didn’t sit too well with me.

1/2.

>Then things got ugly. Apparently unbeknownst to Chiarello and me, DC, for whatever reason, gave Greg Rucka complete and total editorial control on Wonder Woman including variant covers by contract. My promises of creative freedom were verbal. I think this is a case of complete miscommunication and things falling through the crack during the post-DC headquarter move to LA. Had I’ve known Greg Rucka had complete editorial control over the variant covers, I would have never came onboard Wonder Woman.

>Since we were on the same team with the same goal – making great Wonder Woman comics, Mark Chiarello and I tried to reason with Greg Rucka to back off and let me do the variant covers in peace. But Rucka refused and tried to hammer me in line. Things escalated and got toxic very fast. The act of a freelance writer art directing me, overruling my senior art director, altering my artwork without consent was too much. I realized after Rucka’s problems with my Wonder Woman #3 variant cover, my excitement and desire for the project have completely disappeared and I decided to bow out quietly after I finish my Wonder Woman #4 variant cover. (This was around end of May.) But DC wanted me to stay and finish out #5 and #6 covers to give them some time to find my replacement.

>So I stuck it out and tried to deal with the flagrant disrespect for six issues, and quietly stepped off until Bleeding Cool gave me little choice but to respond. They caught wind that there was some discord in the Wonder Woman office over my covers and was about to cast negative light on the wrong people. So I went public yesterday and set the story straight, correctly naming Greg Rucka as the source of the problem before the wrong information was published.

2/2.

Rucka, because seriously, who reacts like that? Cho is seriously the most crybaby man in comics. No wonder Sup Forums sucks his dick so much.

>Cho should've played ball!

If that little bit of under suit is enough to throw a fit over and demand changing. , especially given the high cut thong she's had before and Rucka had no problem with, then it's pretty obvious that the only way to play ball would've been to walk.

Because this clearly isn't about that tiny little bit of covered skin. It's about the artist not having politics Rucka likes. He's a grunt. He's not the CEO and he's not the editor. It's not his call who should get to do covers, especially when the final product isn't even objectionable.

Cho's covers haven't even been good. He draws Wonder Woman with a very weird face.

>Rucka demands nitpicks he has no right to DC has to keep the baby happy so he doesn't quit.
>Cho is the crybaby for pacifying the whining writer.

Y'knoiw I look at all you guys calling Cho a crybaby for going to the press about it and I can't help but remember that you guys got McDuffie fired over similar shit.

Why the fuck are you putting that on us?

>DC.... gave Greg Rucka complete and total editorial control on Wonder Woman including variant covers by contract

Wow, it literally is Greg writing his fanfiction of Wonder Woman, no wonder it's so fucking boring and meandering.

But...she's been in actual panties for like half her existence...

That's how I remember it. What's your recollection of what happened?

FUCKA RUCKA

Some clickbait artist compiling a bunch of forum posts McDuffe made about why his floppy run sucked so much compared to his cartoon run.

The biggest parallel is that DC editorial seems to have fucked up again, assuming the accounts are correct, by promising Rucka and Cho last word on creative control.

For me, the biggest thing about this is how normal the covers look. The closest idea I've seen so far to reasonable of why not is that Rucka gets triggered by WW's panties like blue arms on a hedgehog

>Some clickbait artist compiling a bunch of forum posts McDuffe made about why his floppy run sucked so much compared to his cartoon run.

It was Sup Forums. We compiled his posts, by searching them like crazy, and had several threads about it. Then Rich Johnson, from Bleeding Cool, took our compilations and made an article about this. The article gain track and McDuffie was fired.

Was Sup Forums actually trying to get him fired? I definitely don't recall that part.

Sup Forums didn't liked his run, at all, but some people did, so there would be constant discussions that only got worse once we found out that he had talked about his issues in his forum.

We weren't and it wasn't our fault that Didio got defensive over what was effectively the truth. It was DC editorial's choice to be complete cunts to McDuffie.

>people actually supporting that feminist Rucka

He's written more good comics than bad, so he gets cut a lot of slack for being a huge tool.

I haven't read much by him but he did write one of the few good Convergence minis. This current Wonder Woman is dogshit, though.

Also, I'm out of the loop on this. Can someone post which covers were "problematic" for Cucka? Is it just this?

Cho because fuck beta puritan faggots like you and Rucka.

Well the one Frank cites as over the line was He didn't like how much skin she was showing or some shit.
It doesn't really mesh with Rucka's other work so it has Frank thinking it's personal not really because the art.

His original Wonder Woman run is consistently referred to as one of her best ever, plus other great stuff like Queen & Country and Gotham Central (with Brubaker).

And yeah, the problem seriously seems to be "slightly too much leg".
He's a...sensitive man.

He's right to leave. He was promised complete control, and Rucka getting control never should have happened. DC knows it and are trying to make amends by giving him Trinity.

Rucka is completely in the wrong and this was a political issue for him from the start.

>who responds to somebody trying to censor you like that?

Anybody with integrity. Do you think he should have kept his head down and rolled over for Cucka?

Oh cool, it's now forever impossible to talk about any Rucka books in a positive light.

>Oh man, you should check out Whiteout.
>That cuck book? No thanks.

It's just this? Seriously? Good fucking God, it's not like he drew her performing fellatio on a guy.

They eventually satisfied Rucka by moving her a little to the right so her panty line isn't showing.

>OMG CHO IS SUCH A CRYBABY HE SHOULD SUCK IT UP AND DEAL WITH IT
...So why shouldn't Rucka?

He shouldn't have been a cuck then.

Because he agrees with Sup Forums's polititical views.

Cho quitting isn't overreacting obviously. He was promised a given level of editorial control and got far more than he bargained for. More editorial input means it takes more time, it's simply not the job he contracted for. Artistic integrity doesn't even need to come into it.

Explaining that there was unexpected editorial interference from the writer and the job fell through because of it could have been done with more left unsaid though.

Unfortunately (and this is a point Cho himself even raises) if you leave things unsaid, these days people, usually """"""""''reporters""""""""'' will fill in the blanks and say things for you.

Just noticed that last reply on my post on the last thread. Aww, how cute. He thinks he's a victim :)

Take this twitter drama shit outside where it belongs. Shit thread.

Hi Sup Forumsmicsalliance!

If I were Comics Alliance I would be on twitter right now, not here.

Stupid memeposter.

Which is exactly what happened.

You're one ignorant moron.

But would it have happened if Cho just left and said nothing or an innocuous "we had different ideas for the project"?

>20% of Sup Forums are SJWs
Wow, not as bad as I thought.

Again, THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED.

The news sites started saying he had conflicts with DC Editorial so he came out and said no, it was all Rucka.

that isn't what happened

>Was Rucka a cunt or did Cho overreacted?
Yes.

>""""""""''
Fuck off.

Does Rucka really understand himself as a male lesbian?

This. Anyone that supports Cucka is an SJW.

>This. Anyone that supports Cucka is an SJW.
I know as a regular poster on Sup Forums you don't know how to read, but I'd just like to know how you learned to write.

>No "Fuck Drama"

suck my dick.

How would he read that if he doesn't know how? I know SJWs lack any kind of logic or critical thinking ability but even that had to be obvious to you.

Rucka writes a good Wonder Woman.
The issue is that he's a cunt.

I'm not buying the variant covers though, so I'd rather they stuck with Rucka.

costing someone a paying job is pretty bullshit even if you don't like his covers
and his covers don't seem all that bad

>panty shot
i mean the character wore a one piece bath suit for 90% of her existence. its not a pair of underpants

he quit wonder woman. and he just moved to different variants.

I think the most concrete evidence Cho has on Rucka is that Cho's covers aren't sexist and are actually good.

>Apparently unbeknownst to Chiarello and me, DC, for whatever reason, gave Greg Rucka complete and total editorial control on Wonder Woman including variant covers by contract
Jesus, cause last time writer-editors were a thing it worked out great for everyone

>And yeah, the problem seriously seems to be "slightly too much leg".
That we know. Cho walked out on cover 6. We've only seen the changes up to cover 3 or 4 I believe. God knows what Rucka bitched about circa issue 5 or 6

>It’s two-fold. I’ve said this before and people don’t actually take me seriously when I say it – there’s that joke about being a male lesbian, but I female-identify, and I always have since I was very young. I am not transgendered; I’m not looking for gender reassignment. I clearly have more testosterone flowing through me than most men need, and you can tell just by looking at me. I’m comfortable with my maleness, but for whatever reason the way I’m wired, I have always female-identified. Now, that does not equate to writing women well.

>I tend to see – socially, I don’t tend to be myself in a male role. I don’t know any other way to put it. Now that being a separate issue, because that’s not an issue of writing, that is an issue of identity… And I think people, we identify however we identify. I’m a Caucasian American Jew. These are all things that make up who I am. That goes to the second half of the question, which is — I believe, for me, all writing comes from character. Character is made up of a variety of different things. One of those elements is gender. We live in a gendered society, and all you have to do is ask any woman here what her experience walking down a empty street at 3 in the morning is like, and then ask any guy. And you’re gonna get different responses. There’s a different implicit threat. That’s a societal problem. In the same way that – what’s your education? Well, those of you who were brought up in Catholic school have a different world experience than people who went to an inner city public school or a rich suburban [or] middle class public school. These are all elements of character.

that's only because we're seeing post Rucka censorship. Frank's previous covers were a lot more bandage themed and stickier

It's exactly what happened

normally it'd be a silly/stupid joke that straight guys tell lesbians when hitting on them

but we are not in normal times

>Caucasian American Jew
>Jew

Ah, I knew it.

Where can I see them?

What happened to just saying that you're in touch with your feminine side? And what's with the weird ramble at the end about women walking the streets at night?

Because at some point it stopped being you liked doing "girly" shit, and instead meant you were actually a female trapped in a man's body.

How we jumped to that conclusion, no one fucking knows

>ideaguys vs programmers
I wonder who's more important