The 'face in perpetual shadow' look is very popular this year, you know

>The 'face in perpetual shadow' look is very popular this year, you know.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/pC1GfqyF
pastebin.com/UDHS0jHc
youtube.com/watch?v=VeWC9V2qH-8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ew it's a gross monkey thing
Get it out

>can't tell if it's a monkey or a human because of morbi's artstyle

Is that a human?

>no poppy in title
>no friedrich in title even
OP you are a failure and a degenerate unworthy of delivering this momentous occasion to Sup Forums

>That smile
>That hat
>Humans
MORBI, YOU FUCK!

I know, I fucked up. I went to open up the thread, found nothing, and acted way too fast.

>Human
>In Poppy

Ah, Man. We going full Doubetsu no Kuni?

the absolute madman!

issue is, Morbi said humans would die from radiation poisoning in the poppy world from being exposed to too much magic
but then we have this pretty much confirming that the character is a human, though the april fools has the character wearing the evil glove thing

So is that a fakeout to make us believe she's evil, or is it a double-fakeout and she actually is evil?

Yeah, humans from our planet. Pretty sure a floran human isn't cut from the same cloth as us.

Everyone here has a hard time reading into things like this.

That thing isn't human, her hat and face are all connected

Morbi said WE would die from magic radiation poisoning because we don't have natural defenses against it.
This must be a "native Floran" human, considering she's an outright witch.

Finally I can relate to this fantasy setting

this is literally the only "human?" we've ever seen though and morbi has also said there are no humans in the setting

So he's triple-fucking with us?

>Mary isn't real

No, because she is a robot made to give the church readings that make them think SHE is the heir? Instead of someone else? Who knows.

Agreed. Even if it isn't human, monkey furries are cheating.

>what is a "mask" and how do you build it into a "hat"

she's a human, you dumbfuck.

Hmm. If there are Flora-native homo sapiens humans, who presumably come from the primate tree or the ape tree or whatever, could there be other protohumans as well? Who are fully intelligent, because of the same general anthropomorphizing as all the other walking talking animals that are around? Wouldn't even need to be just intelligence, either. You'd have... anthropomorphized proto-humans. They'd look like weird hybrids between homo sapiens and other hominids.

Maybe the lady in this very page is actually an anthropomorphized homo erectus or something. She has the nose.

That'd be interesting.

>Ignore the fact that they are both completely incompatible with each other.
>they are both completely
>both
>BOTH

Four elements on the page, two implied to be stupid.

So, what's the second item in here that's accurate now that humans are confirmed?

>No tail

Looks like a human.

The fuck Morbi?!

Read it again, there's no comma in that sentence.
"They are both
A: completely incompatible with each other
and
B: obviously comical and facetious"

It's a neanderthal.

>Humans confirmed

Yeah, exactly. That's why I posted. Both implies that two items share those characteristics, but the page has four items. So what else isn't incompatible with humans? That's the second thing that's true.

One more post for good measure. Humans are gay.

pastebin.com/pC1GfqyF
pastebin.com/UDHS0jHc

interesting idea.
>morbi are there humans in this setting
>pff of course not
>no "humans"

>that edit

whelp

Motherfucker! He realized we figured this human shit out long ago and decided to mess with us as punishment!

Morbi, you lying shit!

her design is completely hideous...

No? "Both" is referring to the fact that all of the items on the page share the two characteristics listed.
If you're having trouble understanding, try switching A and B's placement in the sentence.

Technical truths are the worst fucking types of truths, it's like speaking to a lawyer!

I'll take your word for it, but I'm not seeing that at all. It just seems to be saying that two things have both A and B's characteristics.

I'm generalizing, but you realize you basically just argued that she might be a proto-human because she has non-European facial features, right?

I actually kinda like it. So far her character seems to be a bit of a brat, so she has a pretty damn silly, childish outfit.

Her hat looks like a magenta traffic cone though. Will give you that.

guys, guys, here is an idea. what if this whole thing is a magical matrix? Like Animal Crossing, but where the game constructs can actually think, develop, procreate and such? and this Vail of Ignorance is the actual world. Not our world, but some magical world, where only humans are sentient. And some of them play those godsims. The Animal deities are also humans (we only saw their silhouettes in Poppies narration) and they are like devs/admins. The trees are the servers (they can spawn additional NPCs, and as we saw every leaf is bound to some character) And all the ladies are actual players (yes we saw one as a cat, but that could be her furrsona/avatar. also we saw her as a cat in the world). This whole world can be inhibiting a single orb or a whole basement, doesn't matter, but to be able to simulate matter and energy and laws of nature - the magic inside must be indeed immensely pressurized so humans can't really physically inter it. The projection is like an interface. And there can be other sub-dimensions, like the place where the seal patches the connections is like this dispatcher "cockpit" of the Zion dock in the M3?

If this is how it is, I'm ok with the whole human thing. What are your thoughts?

No, we're not doing this. Fuck off.

You know when you just stare at someone with that weird mix of dissapointment and disbelief on your face?

She's the head attendant to Silvana meaning Silvana is her boss

Maybe don't equate a common nose type with literal pre-Neanderthals then.

youtube.com/watch?v=VeWC9V2qH-8
forgot to attach

The brown patch around her eyes might not be shadow, it's the same colour as her braid, and in the top right panel it has a jagged edge like fur.

Her spectral stuff is wrapped around her torso, but it looks like it's coming from where a tail would be attached.

I can't remember what else we know about this spectral magic, but maybe it's easier to do if you're missing a limb/body part, like an arm or a tail.

She is at least twice the height of fred's projection, but that's not a reliable way to tell how tall she is considering his projection was about two inches tall earlier. She could be less than a foot tall.

All the animals in poppy are slightly humanoid, maybe this is what you get when you apply that rule to a monkey. A monkey is already humanoid, so a floran monkey is even more humanoid, which is why she looks like an actual human.

People are too busy being shocked by the presence of a human on some magic realm or planet near where our story takes place.

Me? I just want to see her naked.

This page just gave me the weirdest Mahou Shoujotai Arusu flashback.

You are good people.

She's a human dude.Morbi placed us all on a ruse cruise

So Poppy has officially jumped the shark.....right?

We've gotten explicit confirmation that she's just a human.

>humans are real
Are we going to go full underwater ray romano?

>Morbi for master of trolling

Also dat Ricky butt in panel 4

Based on these threads, Poppy has jumped the shark at the beginning, middle, and end of every single chapter.

MORBI!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, to be fair, humans ARE a type of primate...

Sorry, panel 5

Hasn't he lied before to avoid spoilers?

I posted before i read the thread. It's a pretty good guess at least.

I wasn't aware we were on the shark to begin with.

At this point is safe to stop talking with morbi about the comic.

Unless poppy marries kit and we end up with a lily timeskip

Morbi usually just avoids talking about plot content altogether by saying "maybe we'll find out someday."

We probably won't get a timeskip until after Poppy dies and Lily takes over has MC

2 min in paint

MORBI YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD!

Nobody has mentioned this Veil of Ignorance thing yet? Who's got their money on humans running the show as in . I know I do. I bet all of the goddesses are humans and the veil is basically humans hiding their existence from (yes, I'm going to say it) lesser species.

I choose to believe that is not a member of "homo sapiens", but a member of another species of the homo "genus". Until proven otherwise, because it just feels odd for a regular human to be in there.

Flora is a magical simulation. That's why the "universe" is finite and ends at Skyhenge.

Silvana is in charge of the veil and this human character. The mothers of magic are not and have never been gods. We've also seen the gods in the first few pages of Poppy.

>Until proven otherwise
Morbi already said she's a human. Consider it proven otherwise.

read the thread/morbi's tumblr, she's literally a human

well, thats genuinely disappointing

I had to

>The Cosmic Bubble
>Veil of Ignorance
>no humans *on* Flora
>maybe Flora is Earth all along
They're totally living in some zoo for uplifted animals, kept for humans' entertainment aren't they? Kinda like in the Truman Show.

But if she's not on Flora where is she???

Beyond Skyhenge.

Those are the gods as envisioned by Lily when told a story by Poppy. Poppy doesn't even seem to believe it entirely, as she lets on later. Regardless, I'm behind this idea.

I like this one too, but I think it's super unlikely.

the veil of ignorance, it's said on literally the last page before this one

I'm sure i remember him outright lying to either prevent plot spoilers or to fuck with someone on tumblr or maybe twitter.

Either way, I'm going to wait until we are given a more in depth explanation of why there's a human in poppy.

That would be a bit much for me to be honest. Aside from the april fool's page which isn't reliable, has there been any mention or allusion to humans in the comic? Any tiny hints or suggestions?

Suddenly introducing humans feels out of place for this story. But i trust morbi not to fuck it up.

>Nobody has mentioned this Veil of Ignorance thing yet? I do. I bet all of the goddesses are humans and the veil is basically humans hiding their existence from

->

Wait, what is she's not a she? what is she's actually a very effeminate dude? At this point it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest...

Sorry buddy, I ctrl+f'd Veil after scrolling thrtough the thread and didn't find anything. Didn't think someone would misspell veil.

Still, as I said in I like it but I'm not sure it's the case.

Personally I'm hoping for a Poppy story where there's a robot uprising on the moon since the moon is apparently where rabbits live as they're the genius engineer species in this setting.

>Fight Club scene
My sides, every fucking time.

>rabbits live on the moon
Where have I heard that before?

>as i said

That was my post though

I knew Morbi was gonna pull something like this.

I just didn't expect it so soon.

Maybe she is on some other plane of existance or maybe even outside delphi/possum goddess' pouch?

On his tumblr morbi was pretty clear that there are no humans on flora, but nothing about them being outside of it.

Misclick, meant

Japanese myth/children's tales

It's ancient Chinese mythology, if you want the origins of it.

It's something that's been in at least a dozen fictional settings over the past 30 years.

It's based on an ancient Chinese folktale.

All Japanese myth ever forever for all of time.

its from Mongolia

Damn right user, we have to give the right person credit on this anonymous sumatran chariot painting imageboard.

Tiny Friedrichsprite is cute! Cute!!

Hi, original erectus guy here, not the person you were responding to. Aaaaand yes? All protohumans have non-european facial features. Look up facial reconstructions/projections of their facial features. And, you know, it makes sense that they would look closer to africans than europeans, africa is where humans originated, their physical features would have had less reason to change over time. Europeans are weird mutants that adapted pale skin to absorb sunlight better. It's not like I'm implying africans are less intelligent or intrinsically primitive or something, that's retarded. Adaptation to a different climate wouldn't affect your mental abilities. Evolution isn't a ladder where everything that "evolved later" is superior, it's about how well you fit where you live.

If you're assuming I'm making some implication that europeans are the superior form of humanity or something, I think that says more about you than me.

>Lady of the Second Rung of The Veil Of Ignorance