Alien - Covenant

Is it any good?
Also general discussion of the alien series, I enjoyed all previous parts, i would rate prometheus a solid 9/10
Which one did you enjoy most?

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/alien-covenant-sequels-ridley-scott-prometheus/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Best part of the alien series so far

worse than Prometheus but still better than anything released this year in terms of big budget shit

This is one of the worst opinions I have ever read.

ummmm......no sweetie

Are you James Cameron's relative? Fuck off Cameron estate.

Please tell me you're memeing.

I can't because I'm not

HC just leaked.

HC as in Hardcore? This movie has sex scenes? Wtf.

It's a mess. The twist at the end is the most obvious I've ever seen in a film.

Yep tons of alien hardcore sex

Fucking retards on this board

How did the alien get on the covenant?

>i would rate prometheus a solid 9/10

Having taste this shitty

It was pretty good. I'd say Covenant > Prometheus. Not by much, but they're pretty different movies. Both have great moments, both have some pretty bad moments.

Alien > Alien 3 > Aliens > that weird french one > turdbutter > covenant = promemetheus

Prometheus=Alien covenant>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Aliens>Alien

The number of people hating on these movies because it didn't blatantly give the audience answers doesn't surprise me at all. Everybody keeps praising the alien movies when those movies aren't good. Sorry but the only people who like those movies are people that grew up watching them. These huge ratings are simply blinded by nostalgia. These reviews keep pointing out that it's a horror but if you would play this movie in the theatres nowadays then it you have been taken as a comedy. Short anecdote, I was watching this movie with my friend and we started laughing so hard at the part where the robot was trying to shove a magazine in Ripley's mouth that I had tears in my eyes. I understand that it was something back in the day but when you compare the two it obvious which one is better. Also why do old futuristic movies suck at making things look futuristic. They really couldn't have changed the monitors even a little bit? Also those hairstyles are so bad. People from the 80s really did loose their fking minds. Might be a reason why the world is more fked up then usual.

t. image related

"People" like this ride their mobility scooters among us.
It can only wish.

If you like the deep storyline and lore of Prometheus but disliked people doing dumb irrational stuff and 12 year old kiddie jump scares then you will hate it.
And vice versa. They put Alien in the title because its just another low grade Alien movie.

Handy Cam?

covenant aka retarded scientists removing their helmet AGAIN on an unknown planet

im sick of watching this shit, its very unrealistic

literally Prometheus had the same shit and they try to pull of this lazy shit again

Alien Covenant 2017 720p HC HDRip X264 AC3-EVO

>censored

I liked it.

this shitbitch of a movie ruined the whole alien mythology. Ridley Scott making me spend money on a horrid movie again this year. Not the first time and certainly not the last

Fassbender is great, everyone else is shit

>retarded scientists removing their helmet

Most scientists live in an impenetrable liberal bubble

It was great untill the xenomorph showed up, thats when it went to shit

>Alien Covenant 2017 1080p KOR WEBRip x264 AC3-NoGrp

about to see

How long until a version without slant subs?

I wasn't expecting android fu fight scenes.

Worth a look for the backbursters too.

I thought the first ever Xenomorph baby was cute as fuck.

It's waived because of the line where they scan the planet and toxicity levels are fine or whatever.

It's a horror movie in space, if you walk into the dark woods nothing actually happens until people start dying.

It's alright. Main Problem was it raised more questions than answers. Also it didn't do so good since it wasn't a dumb capeshit movie.

It's on DVD and Blueray August 15th btw. There's also a prequel novel coming out too.

>Doesn't refute any of the points

>Doesn't realise the genius of the sets made by giger.
>doesn't understand the superior character development in alien and aliens
>doesn't get the superior tention build up of alien
give me one memorable character from alien covenant that isn't played by Michael Fassbender
people hate covenant and prometheus because of there weak characters not because they didn't get "awnsers"

>Prequel novel

Wouldn't that just be Prometheus?

(You)

Compared to Prometheus this movie was pure schlock coated in a few layers of pretentiousness. Every single death was cheesy as fuck, from the Mr.Bean-esque backburster sequence to the retarded captain getting facehugged, and the shoehorned shower scene. It was a nice looking movie, but there was no suspense at all.
It also didn't feel like a movie a human would make? It's like they gave a checklist of things the movie should have to an algorithm, or as if they made it in a factory. It's boring, forgettable, stupid, and only serves as a bridge for more sequels and prequels. It is like the Age of Ultron of the Alien Franchise, only shittier.

It's shit. Many people wanted a return to roots but 1. Ridley is a hack at this point 2. He clearly wanted to do more Prometheus.

So what we got was a bungled mess of both worlds where Ridley tried to do more of his Prometheus stuff while half-heartedly slapping a retread of Alien throughout it without understanding a single reason any scene in the original actually worked. There's no better example than cast introductions (Alien is a slow waking up and an establishing scene at breakfast that tells you a little bit about every character without needing to actually exposition dump their backstories and the movie slowly continues to build up and up and up. Covenant is made for a modern day horror audience so every scene is composed for ADHD inflicted tards. It's always action and shaky cam. Constant drama. Even the humor is pathetic. Parker and Brett were legitimately funny and it felt like natural blue collar banter. Covenant has a scene that goes on entirely too long about COOL YOUR TITS. WHY YOU TALKING ABOUT MY WIFE'S TITS. YOU CAN TALK ABOUT MY WIFE'S TITS. TIIIIITS.

Compared the build up to the burster scene as well. Alien is an unsettling slow crawl to what the fuck is this? It keeps you on edge because there's no panic but rather an uneasy apprehension. When the film finally gets you to think it's all okay and you're back in the comfortable setting of the crew eating together as a family again the sanctity of that is ripped away with the chestburster. Covenant is immediate screaming and shaky cam. Hysterical crying and screaming. Immediate gratuitous gore and bursting (timeline of how the xenos worked was literally changed from moment to moment to serve the film without any consistency either), slipping on blood, more screaming, slipping on blood again, explosions, more hysterics, shaky cams, falling into walls. Trained colonists with weapons were acting like teens from Friday the 13th.

The whole thing almost felt like a cynical jab from Ridley to fans.

It was ok I guess

>2. He clearly wanted to do more Prometheus
Why didn't he?

He got lambasted by literally everyone for it because people wanted more Alien and couldn't appreciate Prometheus for what it was.

I've heard the opinion given a lot of times that if Prometheus was a new IP and not tied to the Alien mythos it would be remembered a lot more fondly.

It IS a cynical jab from Ridley to fans. He said that what fans wanted is more "Alien"

collider.com/alien-covenant-sequels-ridley-scott-prometheus/

>“It went straight up there, and we discovered from it that [the fans] were really frustrated. They wanted to see more of the original [monster] and I thought he was definitely cooked, with an orange in his mouth. So I thought: ‘Wow, OK, I’m wrong’… The fans, in a funny kind of way – they’re not the final word – but they are the reflection of your doubts about something, and then you realize ‘I was wrong’ or ‘I was right’. I think that’s where it comes in. I think you’re not sensible if you don’t actually take [the fans’ reaction] into account.”

He also says he plans to do two more Alien movies.
I just don't get it, if he had plans for so many fucking movies why not make Alien 5 (or the prequel) AND Prometheus 2?
Maybe he's really going senile, and is just trying to blame fans/younger audiences for his shortcomings like any elderly person would.

so basically this isn't even worth downloading because it leaked today?

It does nothing new. Abuses not only tired old horror tropes but steals actual scenes and plotpoints for the original and recycles them, no character is memorable, the alien CG is bad.

Basically the only reason to watch this movie is if you liked Fassbender in Prometheus.

Why did David kill the engineers?

AC is good, but it's much like Prometheus.

By that I mean Prometheus was good bits and bad bits and nothing inbetween.

Alien Covenant is great bits and terrible bits and nothing inbetween.

No one knows because Ridley decided to make Scooby Doo in space for the lowbrow viewers.

Just watched it, and damn, It's been a long time since I've seen a movie this dumb. And I actually thought Prometheus wasn't that bad and more or less enjoyed it.
I've read all the things people were saying about the crew being retarded before and I dismissed it cause, well it's kinda the case in almost all horror movies. Boy, I've not realized the scope of the situation.
A colonization mission is lead by people hand fucking picked, people suited to handle a god knows how expensive starship with 2 thousand people on board. The best humanity had to offer is a bunch of braindead fucks, who apparently:
Have no training and don't seem to know any protocols whatsoever
Have no idea what professionalism is
Have no idea what command structure is
Have emotional problems and can't handle stress
Have no integrity
And who piss themselves when a crew member gets sick and can't handle a hostile creature the size of a very small dog when armed with military grade weaponry (which they are not trained to use either, it seems).

Life (2017) was ridiculed for its stupid sciencists and those look like fucking elite space commando outbreak cleaners compared to this lot.

Also neomorphs growing from a spore to a burster in a moment then from a burster into a adult in literally minutes was odd as fuck as well, damn, give them some time to grow at least

A confusing inconsistent mess.

There has been at least somek ind of biological consistency up to this point, now nothing makes sense, none of the character motivations make sense, the aliens dont make sense. Everything happens way too quick now, as another poster said, it's like facehug ->chestburst as soon as you wake up, with both aliens reaching maturity in like an hour. Spores seem to be even quicker.

I was just so confused during the whole thing, and to make it worse there is absolutely zero tension in any of it.

I didn't watch this in the theaters because all my friends are casuals who never got into the Alien franchise, and since I'm not a fucking faggot I never went to the theater alone.

Looked for releases every day, and now the stuttershit release came out.

Watched it. And it felt so fucking.. empty?

Did the korean fucks cut a shitton of scenes from the movie? The trailers had so much stuff in them that never made it into the movie.

Without spoiling anything, one actor in particular had more screentime in the trailers than in the actual movie.

Did I dun goof?

>Did the korean fucks cut a shitton of scenes from the movie?
No, you have to wait for the prequel Awakening.

I have to wait for a prequel to a sequel to a prequel?

>rate prometheus a solid 9/10
thats some low standards you got there, friend

i'd rate it 7/10

>i would rate prometheus a solid 9/10

Stopped reading here, have you no shame ?

It's very good. Script sucks in some parts, and the CGI is a bit sloppy during the third act, but other than that it's a really good movie. Don't go in expecting sci-fi action horror, expect to see art.
Nothing can trump the original, but I would definitely put it on second place.
It's not really a twist when they give away during the chase sequence who the robot is...
Well, you have a point. I showed one of my friends the original Alien movie recently and he said he couldn't finish it because the crew was too dumb. Overall though, your post is wrong.
>jump scares
I'm pretty sure 80% of the haters haven't even watched the movie, including you, you faggot.
>ye of little faith
>Will you help me build my cabin on the lake?
Bullshit coming from somebody who clearly read reviews on reddit before forming his opinion.
>"It does nothing new."
>new creatures
>literary and artistic references
>robot kiss
>overarching theme of birth and creation
>"nothing new"
Open your fucking eyes and ears next time, cocksucker.

Fuck off Ridley bo bidly

How do?

Too all the people who mindlessly have jumped onto the Prometheus hate "bandwagon" and are now continuing it with this film.. know this. These films are nothing short of masterpieces and by doing this you only demonstrate your shear lack of intelligence. You are not smart enough to appreciate them and are therefore unworthy of further attention. End of line.

6/10 is the highest grade a sane person can possibly award to this movie