Where did the modest home go?

Kinda pisses me off they don't build houses like pic related anymore, at least not around here. Every fucking time they build a new development it's those fucking McMansions "starting in low 400s!" like that's a good deal or something. What happened to the classic home for $79,000 or $109,900 Sup Forums? And why do all these real estate assholes think it's a good thing when the housing market goes up? Yeah, great, that house we were considering for $279,000 is now $339,000 fucking awesome.

Other urls found in this thread:

thetinylife.com/what-is-the-tiny-house-movement/
youtu.be/zPb_ThaPE_0
24hplans.com/top-20-shipping-container-home-designs-and-their-costs/
containerhomeplans.org/2016/07/should-you-build-your-own-shipping-container-home/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cry more poorfag

They have plenty of houses like this where I live, and they still cost about 250k

Missoula, Montana looks breddy comfy. Cheap houses too.

Anyone wanna move there together later this week? (serious)

if you could afford to actually build a house, would you build a little cuckshed like that or would you pay the extra little bit to get an actual home?

>Why don't they build shitty eyesores anymore
That house looks disgusting, but I wouldn't mind seeing smaller homes with modern designs.

MT has always intrigued me. There are some reasonably urban areas in the mountain west that I'd love to chill in.

Vote Republican! Tax cuts for the rich will trickle down any day now!

Why would they build cheap affordable houses when they can flood the market with +400k houses.

People bought their houses from Sears catalogs and built it themselves.

Just get a bigger loan :^)

This.

Make 400k the new "basic home".

Its been 8 years of a democrat president, wheres the change?

Vote libertarian

That's what happens when you live int he rich area, OP.
If you want to see "modest" homes then go to the shitty part of town.

I bought one of those back in 2013 for 134k and just refinanced two weeks ago. With the equity and student loans and $5k with debt left from a car loan - I've actually gone green in net worth. I'm worth $16k at 28! The American Dream is alive!

I have a house like that. It's 2 bedrooms. It cost me $375,000 canadian dollars.

This. Even modest homes are more expensive.

We had a real estate user on here a couple weeks ago talking about it, and if I remember right even adjusting for inflation, the cost of a modest, two bedroom home today is about three times what it was 30-40 years ago. It's fucking absurd.

Supply and demand retard

Build one yourself then if you want one like it.

I drive for UPS and my wife is an attorney. The "average" house in decent, white neighborhoods is out of our range. I have no idea what all these people who are buying up these $400k+ houses do for a living. It makes no sense to me.

Gotta build that tax base, fambingo.

A McMansion really doesn't cost that much more than a modest ranch to build, but you can charge a premium for them to boomers with disposable income.

They have good credit and put 5% down.

I own a couple homes similar to that (different architecture) in Tucson. I charge about 2.5x my mortgage payments and rent them to rich college students whose parents don't question what they spend on rent.

Silly poorfag, capitalism is for rich people.

So 50 usd?

You think 400k is a lot? Most people i know make 70k plus year.

Not everyone is a retard with money.

That really does deserve congratulations many of us are total fuck ups financially

Most of them probably took out huge loans that they can just barely pay off.

We've been in a bull market for far too long. Everything is an artificially inflated bubble.

kikes stole all the money and inflated it all away

In canada, 70k a year doesn't get you a 400k mortgage.

Don't worry user, once the boomers really start to retire and try selling their houses en mass the market will crash completely. Millennials aren't buying for various reasons, chiefly price.

heres muh house with another garage in the back

>once the boomers really start to retire

You mean when the boomers die?

just burn them down until they make better houses

Do you know what a downpayment is? Most people have a spouse so their combined income is way over 100k a year

>Where did the modest home go
into the trash when being close to the ground became a "please rob me and fuck me in the ass" sign

>boomers
>retiring

McMansions are just trailer trash with money.

They literally trash those homes as soon as they move in and when it's too trashy to live in they move.

It doesn't matter what it cost in the end, they are care about the monthly bill. They will be long gone before its ever paid off.

This is exactly what creditors want. They'll make a mortgage payment till they die.

T. Guy who worked in construction

>can build a cuckshed for $8000.
>this is a "tiny bit more" than the $200,000 it costs to build a home

Why is every leaf a fucking mongoloid?

Underrated

I agree, user. Those little houses were comfy.

They're building expensive homes to lure Chinese nationals.

White people don't have any money anymore. Everybody knows that.

It's all about pandering to the Chinese.

LOOK UP WHAT I'M SAYING. CHINESE BUYING UP EVERYTHING IN AMERICA, LOOK IT UP!

>Boomers
>Retiring

Boomers are basically untouchable. They'll sell their property at an inflated price to rich foreigners and spend the rest of their days laughing at the younger gens they completely fucked over.

>only care about the monthly payment

The US is just rotten with this shit.

People buy cars based on the monthly payment, get upside down, then do a negative equity trade-in and get a new one. Instant gratification, fuck the future.

just bought a house for 260k. it's 1800 sq ft. U jelly?

there are tons of those houses around where i live btw, they're like 100k but you have to be chill living with black neighbors (not niggers)

You can't pick some project out of 500 pages catalogue and say "I want this one on my lot" ?

>(not niggers)
heh, thats a pretty nice meme kid

People think bigger homes are more desirable and better investments

>black neighbors (not niggers)

Nah, I'm good, thanks

my garage is bigger than that house

There's the developer, jew banker, government taxer, they're all in cahoots with each other. Overdone sticker price, interest on the loan for the overdone sticker price, high property taxes for the inflated valued structure, you'll pay about the same for all three, so a $400k house is really 1.2 mil by the time it's over. Fuck that, what's an alternative. Most of the cost is incurred from the structure, so don't have one, way to achieve that is an RV, which is considered a vehicle, so the only property tax is for the land itself. But it's a shitty RV, so rebuild on the RV frame using regular construction methods, now it's a house with a RV frame for a foundation instead of a slab. Another catch, they limit the size to qualify as an RV to 400 sqft, so use an octagon format, 400 now feels like 482.8 because the octagon format is 20+% bigger with the corners cut off. It's small enough that it's cheap to build, don't need a loan, and again the property tax is noise. Not big enough? Build two, or more if you have a larger plot, placing 15 feet apart(their rules.) While you're at it, get away from the utility scam by providing your own.

Need more tools and at least an air compressor.

Impressive work user
go into local politics one day, you seem to have your shit together

Just buy a small plot of land and build an house yourself.
Live in a trailer.
Live with family.

Live below your means. Lot of shit you'll want to buy once the molecular assembler and robust AI are out.

Those homes become settlements for niggers and mexicans.

I paid $460k for my first home, waaay more than I predicted. I was in the market for ~200-~300k, but you'll wind up with niggers and mexicans for neighbors at that price point.

If you want a "starter home", be prepared to live with niggers and mexicans.

If you want a home that you'll live in for the rest of your life, $300k+

In Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, you can find houses like in the OP starting as low as $40,000 in fairly stable, non-ghetto, neighborhoods.
If you look in the "ghetto" nigger areas often times such houses can be had for less than $10,000.
Hells bells, you can even buy a tax sale house, yeah it'll be trashed, but will probably be less than $5,000

There are great deals on Real Estate in the USA, just avoid the Coasties and the "core" area of major cities

>for $79,000 or $109,900 Sup Forums?

They are around in my city. They usually go for $200,000s.

That house would set you back a minimum of $800K in Sydney. More if it was close to the centre of the city.

Prob $450K in Melbourne, maybe $300K in Brisbane.

>"investing" in a planned obsolescence home

Hahaha u got jewd

McMansions are just a scheme to launder money to Mexico as Mexicans are the premier architects of the "style".

Say the man about to live in a section 8 neighborhood.
Check if your mayor is jewish. If yes, seek to sell is my advice.

>What happened to the classic home for $79,000 or $109,900
Greedy bankers and real estates have made them disappear.
And now people look at other options.
>>thetinylife.com/what-is-the-tiny-house-movement/

Take that same money, buy 5-6 acres enough for a couple blocks, divy up as quarter/third acre lots and a road, build cheap, sell rest of lots to friends, family, vetted with a contract of first dibs to buy back in the event of a move and building inexpensively, thus allowing you to afford buying back.

the tiny house movement is degenerate

Das Jude

Tiny homes are great if you want to spend your life packing/unpacking shit all day in 120sqft. Fuck that, do this: instead.

Buffalo new York has some nice homes here. Good neighborhood, nice climate, great food, just about anything.

Wow $400,000 for a house is nothing. It's a mill here in Sydney at least

>cuck shed
>not an RV

Yup, millenials are fucking retarded.

Well when you own a house and the market goes up, that means your home generally increases value. Hell I bought mine for $117k 2 years ago and just got an appraisal at $134k. Pretty happy with that. Taxes went up a bit though - increased my mortgage by $10 a month

You're a driver too? You at top rate? You should easily be able to afford a $400k house.

>Why would anyone ever make anything other than Ferraris?
>Why would anyone ever make a watch that isn't a Rolex?
>Why would anyone ever buy a meal that isn't lobster?

t. welfare and disabilities collector

I have a bag of soda cans lll trade your house for, DESU you'd be honestly doubling your money

Because if I own x meters of land, and I can build one house on it, I'm going to build the house that's going to net me the most profit.

Only rich people get to own houses anymore. Don't like it? It's your fault for being poor. Don't dare demand an increase in minimum wage or a raise to match inflation. That'll just cause more inflation! And you don't want to pay $0.15 extra cents for that dollar cheeseburger, do you goy?

Just keep voting against your interests until that sweet, sweet wealth trickles down.

The answer is property tax
The larger the home and the more it is worth the more property tax you owe.
The more property tax you pay the richer your city gets.

That's why it is effectively illegal to build tiny houses and no one get approved for less than 1,500 sqft

You can still get a lovely cuck shed like this for only 73k.

Mortgages are a thing user. Keep people indebted to you and if they don't pay yank out the one thing they need the most. It's really the perfect scam in a way. Best thing to do imo when you get a mortgage is to have at least half of the cost of the house saved up. For example, right now I'm saving to get around $50k or so. I live in the Midwest where housing is incredibly cheap so I can find a decent house for $100k or so if I just wait a while. Getting things you want isn't really that hard. The only people that complain about not being able to pay all their bills are people that bought shit they shouldn't have, are paying off old card debts, all that jazz. The only time it's shit is because of medical bills, which is incredibly sudden and can ruin your fucking life, but that's an "act of God" type thing you really can't account for. Sure I could get a mortgage right now and be slaving away trying to make ends meet on all my bills, but it's way easier to just save and plan.

Most people are just really, REALLY bad with money. Even with a minimum wage job, which are reserved for people with no skills and no ethic for hard labour, you can work 40 hours a week, take home enough for rent and food and an internet bill, which is basically all the entertainment you need in this world anymore, while saving a decent amount. People just buy stupid shit, or get cars they don't need. Fucking take a bus, walk, ride a bike. Then you get daily exercise, can circumvent the need for repairs, and it makes you a better worker because you can't just use your car as an excuse to leave a little later and then you can just "drive fast"

I work at a company that designs those McMansions. The big ones with the double garages. They are literally all the exact same except the front is changed slightly, like a window moves or the facade is flipped or something like that.

I'd do this: but if you want to build a small structure you can do what a man in Hawaii did, got plans to build a full house signed off on by the city, built the two car garage first, then stopped.

Because you have to live with niggers. You could have that if we had segregation.

youtu.be/zPb_ThaPE_0

Um no.You need to check our median annual income again.

Where's the change? Standing on every street corner with a BLM banner.

For those who can't live in a tiny house;
anything is possible with some containers, organization, imagination and a bit of elbow grease.
>>24hplans.com/top-20-shipping-container-home-designs-and-their-costs/
>>containerhomeplans.org/2016/07/should-you-build-your-own-shipping-container-home/

I helped a friend find a house similar to the one pictured. After closing costs and all the assorted fees it was $45,000
If the housing market in your area is shit, I think renting is an option. If you want a nice home in a nice area, maybe look at other cities.
The California housing market will ALWAYS suck. Same with most east coast states.
You can't complain if you aren't willing to move to a nice state like Oklahoma or Texas.

Purchased a 35k 1800 sq ft 3 bd 2bth house with multiple sheds and land last year. Needed a new roof, new flooring, plumbing work new siding, fresh paint, and decided to tear a wall down to make it a 2/2. Plus, new appliances it didn't cost more than another 20k.

It's in an alright location too. Walking distance from a lake. Close enough to a capital city. 5 minute drive into town with all major stores/food.

Took a while to find it but I just decided to take a leap and move across the country and paid cash for the house. People who get into mortgages are imbeciles and people who buy little boxes in a major city for half a million are even worse.

It takes time to find it. Spend a little while looking at houses in not so great shape and know you'll make a small monetary investment to repair and you'll be fine. Everyone wants things "fixed" immediately and are willing to pay a premium to have their little suburban house with a white picket fence or their party pad in some ghetto of Chicago.

Going to move again because I hate southern heat. I've learned my lesson once and for all.

Hello fellow buffalonian! I'm in the south towns, where are you?

Considered structures, will get jacked up evaluation = end up getting tagged with the ever increasing property tax gouging. To avoid that you have to go sans structure:

I own a traditional modest home in the suburbs that I bought at a sensible price I could easily afford, and this is in overpriced Florida. OP needs to move the fuck out of wherever he is if a "modest" home costs 400k.

thats dangerous as fuck and maybe illegal depending on your building codes... theres a reason drywall is used for walls and the reason is fucking fire protection. garage = most likely place for a fire to start if you are a handy guy with tools and shit working on cars.

>I just decided to take a leap and move across the country

Seems cart before the horse, what about employment, which usually steers location?

shut the fuck up why would you tell them you idiot??

No clue. My grandmother bought her row home for like 20,000 dollars in the 60s.

The Japanese truly are our greatest ally, invasion of Manchuria V2.0 when?

They are called apartments or townhouses and they are terrible.

It's really not about being poor. It's more about being sensible. I make really good money and I still rent because I can't justify buying houses in my area where everything is a low cost of living EXCEPT housing prices. If that shit ever crashes I just fucked my investment and if it never crashes I simply will never own.

I make and keep my money buy choosing what I spend it on wisely.

You could buy that for 200 or a brand new mc mansion for 300