Nolan's best movie

Nolan's best movie.
Very emotionally engaging and it never gets old no matter how many times you watch it.

...or is it?

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

AAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA

good one OP

One of Nolan's worst

Not engaging at all

70% of film is plot exposition

Only good action scene is hallway fight

Only good chemistry is between JGL and Tom Hardy

Rest is literal garbage.

One of his worst films.

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

I forgot my favorite part

>create plot where entire movie is a dream world and literally anything is possible
>Limitless imagination means a giant formless indistinct city

By far the laziest most unimaginative movie involving dream worlds ever created.

One of the better ones, but I liked it purely one a "modern action film" level. Looking at it as that, it's reasonably pretty and entertaining. It's nothing incredible though.

Yeah that snowmobile scene is the pinnacle of modern action

That was my biggest gripe too. I wouldn't be surprised if Nolan himself is the kind of guy who only dreams about mundane things, though. All of his movies and interviews make him come off that way.

1. Memento
2. Insomnia
3. Following
4. The Prestige
5. The Dark Knight (because of Heath Ledger)
6. Inception
7. Batman Begins
8. Interstellar
9. The Dark Knight Rises

So much this. There's so much potential in a movie that deals with dreams and the subconscious and Nolan devolves into boring action with some slightly interesting visuals.

Jodorowsky said it was shit and I trust him.

He's right. It's an ok action flick at best unless the ending makes you go "WOAH DUDE! TOTAL MINDFUCK!"

Switch Following with TDK and it's perfect

the prestige is better than TDK though

Ellen Page felt like she didn't belong in the movie. But then again, when does she?

You just find something new everytime you watch it. Brilliant movie.

It's 80% exposition.

Then the last final 20% just ignores everything we've learned about the rules from all that exposition.

Inception sucks dick. 90% of the dialogue is exposition and most of the cast are just plot devices with zero character besides "asshole" and "gay asshole".
The film supposedly takes place in a dreamworld that exists in the head of the world's most boring dipshit. You've got grey gotham city, yellow hotel, white artic base and garbageworld (the only vaguely interesting one). Apparently this is a metaphor for the world of cinema, so Nolan chose each dream location to represent a boring action film. He also decided that his dreams don't work like they do in reality, in fact they're so unlike real dreams that he needs to spend the entire movie explaining how they work because his concept is so needlessly convoluted and packed with half-finished ideas.
Inception could've been incredible but for some reason Nolan thinks he's a writer and not just a director, so every film he makes is intrinsically dragged down by his own garbage writing.

It's really not

Aside from what everyone says about it looking boring, nolan doesn't know how to direct a shootout for shit. The gunfights in inception are network tv tier.

Nail on the head, even with the perfect opportunity to go balls to the wall creativity he fucks it up royally

Unironically one of the worst 'watchable' movies I watched.

Felt more like 95% - 5% to me.

It doesn't have the retarded nonsensical convoluted grand scheme that TDK does. Similarly the whole Harvey Dent/2 Face character is poorly written and, well, cartoonish. I understand that it has to work with the source material, but it doesn't get a pass because the source material is simplistic nonsense.

I also thought Huge Jacked Man had quite a good performance.

I think Harvey part done very well and I liked Eckhart's performance.

The prestige...eh.. I don't know.Both the main characters have nothing more interesting than their ambition. I liked the film and it's atmosphere but it's certainly not his best.

Memento and TDK are superior.

Also to the idiots bitching about Inception not showing 100% realistic dream state with surreal elements , you don't realize that it's a 180 million dollar blockbuster and that the studio funded this at all is a miracle.

Nolan(Like Cameron) makes movies with the audience and box-office in mind.

Person of Interest is his best work. Shame how Westworld sucked so bad.

>Nolan's best movie.
That's not Memento, though

>Memento and TDK are superior.
I don't see how you can even compare the two.
Memento is a work of art and it manages to remain coherent and keep its integrity.

You really can't say the same about TDK, which is clumsy and goofy all the way through.

>Both the main characters have nothing more interesting than their ambition.
and as for that, maybe you're right, but at least their motivations are clear. in the dark knight, a lot of the character's motivations are pretty convoluted if you just forget about the fact that they need to be that way because that's the way their characters are supposed to be.

I think I must be a boring motherfucker because my dreams hardly ever take place in fantastic, weird settings. Usually they play out like Lynch movies, where the setting is physically normal but everyone just behaves totally strange.