How did Italy fuck up so bad?

How did Italy fuck up so bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0jBcLIkeZ-8
theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/06/the-mystery-of-why-portugal-is-so-doomed/276371/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Italy is still regarded as better than France, in Europe though.

Also, despite having no colonies Italy has a much higher GDP than Spain.

I hate that smug science nigger so god damn much

*Spain

What the fuck, who was Marco Polo?

>american banter
To think he has a PhD and this is the best sentence structure he can come up with.

t. Jean Ferrari

We have a lot of Italians in South America and those who live in colonies and rural areas speak Italian, not many but it's a thing.

Italia BTFO

i wonder what language do the most fucked up parts of the planet speak currently
also we dont give a fuck

Also Cathedrals are bringing in revenue 500 years after being built.

>i wonder what language do the most fucked up parts of the planet speak currently

Spanish (Central and South America) and French (Africa).

English, meanwhile, spread to First World nations such as the U.S., Canada, Australia.

Dear lord you're retarded

>look guise those nigs in favelas are speaking our language! we are relevant!

youtube.com/watch?v=0jBcLIkeZ-8

Half of Africa speaks English, too.

Also first world nations don't have favellas.

Nice nigger language, Pierre.

Stop making these threads

Yes, europeans should have exploited more and brought more slaves to "assimilate" into the europeans way of lfe
Spain is truly the quintessential colonizer

Pretty sure the Spanish also built a lot of cathedrals, and the reason they and the Portugese were the first explorers is due to the open water seafaring tradition that they had. Also colonies like The Canaries and The Azores.

golombus was italian??

he was GENOAN

He's right. Italians always fuck up.

Does the word genius come from genoans?

>Spain doesn't have cathedrals.

>USA
>first world

Italy did explore. They just failed to colonize.

>spain totally wasn't catholic and didn't build cathedrals
>italy totally existed before 1861 AD
this is the people STEMfags worship
I wonder why don't they stick to their nerd discussions

>that retard is a famous for being smart in america

>Italy is still regarded as better than France, in Europe though.
I don't know of a single person who thinks shittaly is better than France.
Northern Italy might be pretty good, but most people think of pic related when they think of Italy

>Also, despite having no colonies Italy has a much higher GDP than Spain.
Franco ruined Spain, but they are catching up

Yeah but Spain has a slightly higher GDP per capita.

This. Hate it when people trust a person just because he is successful in one area. Its like when people trust bill gates and bill nye.

and that is even meant to be a "muh atheism" argument

And today Italy is just as good or better than Spain in every metric.

How does the fact that Mexicans speak Spanish help Spain in any way?

>italy totally existed before 1861
It would have been better if Vittorio left the kingdom of the two shittlies out of it.

A Venetian.

they could have left Rome too
would be interesting to have a Church totalitarian state

Wow black science man is so smart

You just can't win against him

I'd honestly imagine that it would be worse than G*eece.

Northern Italy might have been as rich as southern Germany, even. In large part because the government wouldn't need to transfer funds to the southern mafia/government to build """roads""".

Yeah, but Italy "kingdoms" were the biggest financiers during the Age of Discovery.

Argentina is an Italian colony.

Funny because Columbus and Vespucci were Italians.

now that we're at it, we could have easily avoided WW1, and consequentially fascism and WW2 too
this country never got one right

(((financiers)))

i will club the head of this retarded monkey to a pulp

Sup Forums just can't see the italians are the original jews
we literally invented banking, accounting and taught the jews how to loan money

You invented the primitive pizza, that has thankfully evolved into pic

Not only that, the CITY STATES were some of the most culturally influencial entities Europe had ever seen and launched Europe out of the Dark ages through the Italian renaissance.

Not even going to mention here how important Milan, Rome, Genoa and Venice has been to the world - but let's focus on Florence for a bit.''Florence was a centre of medieval European trade and finance and one of the wealthiest cities of that era.[4] It is considered the birthplace of the Renaissance, and has been called "the Athens of the Middle Ages"''
'' According to the Encyclopædia Britannica, it was politically, economically, and culturally one of the most important cities in Europe and the world from the 14th to 16th centuries''
''Starting from the late Middle Ages, Florentine money—in the form of the gold florin—financed the development of industry all over Europe, from Britain to Bruges, to Lyon and Hungary.''

Italy is and forever will be the reason why Europe - and European culture is the shining light of the world.

I like how he didn't compare Italians to British exploration, because that one was the evil one that we must apologize for

Italy wasn't the reason.
The city states gave us the renaissance, but Italy as a political entity hasn't really been all that great.

Italy didnt even exist at the time you burger

>the essence of the people of Italian Peninsula did it, not a goverment named "Italy", therefore italians don't deserve the credits for these accomplishments

The Italians were the great innovators of the later Middle Ages and, erm, early Early Modern period. They only lost their leading role in European culture after a. reformation and b. Low Countries becoming Burger King. Barbarossa squandered his life trying to 'conquer' Italy because every place else was a bit shit by comparison - Spain at that time was a rolling bloodbath as I'm sure you all know.
You'd think Science Negro would admire their vast achievements, despite political fragmentation and being poofs, but he's a philistine and that will not change.

Good post sven, made me feel all tingly

Trust me, the sjws hate the Spanish expansion as well.

Columbus day is likely to cause a civil war in the US at some point.

And niggers valued bananas so they got their ass colonized and enslaved

Italy > Spain tho nigger twitter

isn't the merchant of venice about a jew?

Many of our explorers were Italians. John Cabot was a Venetian who was under the pay of Henry VII, his son Sebastian explored for us too until Henry died and he transferred to Spain.

T.african
The African nations that speak English speak pidgin English
It’s not recognised as the same language

Genoa too

he's so confident about his intelligence that he really spouts random shit now
shouldn't have fell for his own meme

probably didn't want third world mutts speaking their language

>italian banks

There was permanent war at Italia.
Spain valued cathedrals not less than Italy.

Every time someone emerged who could unite the peninsula, their enemies brought in some third party. This is always a foolish thing to do, as Machiavelli observed. It's not like Byzantium was too far away for them to see where that gets you - buggered by Turks.
France and the HRE/Habsburgs played Italy's Turks. The pope had authority but honestly lacked the ability to enforce his rule, and contrary to popular belief the idea that the pope is a kind of rex sacredotum did not begin even before the first millennium, so it's not as though the city states were obligated to obey him.
For the See, the more land and success they acquired, the more bogged down they became in financing everything. The more the Pope tried to be an emperor, the more imperial costs he assumed, i.e. an army, a palace, a court, etc.
I think (approach with skepticism) that the 'flowering' of the Renaissance papacy that followed, in the broadest sense, Barbarossa's attempts to reassert imperial power over the Pope following the investiture controversy was characterised by a sort of dynasticism among the major Italian families, and of course one Spanish family, who competed to put relatives on the throne of St. Peter as a kind of Roman king as well as patriarch.
I know that this all ended when Charles V sacked Rome in 1527. In the 1530s the Inquisition took over the Papacy and then began the Counterreformation (which is more interesting than the Reformation). After this the Papacy I believe was less focused on a material empire than an ideological one.
Not going to mention Genoa or Venice because those cunts never even fucking tried.

Woah is this true?

But Italy is doing way better than Spain in economics.
Check mate fedoras

I forgot to even make a point I got so caught up wanking myself.
What I was trying to say was that it wasn't for lack of trying. They were only allowed to unite when they had been economically surpassed by the powers which had divided it.
They really ought to be more asspained about it than they are.

>Franco ruined Spain

>I like thing
>I don't like thing

>LOOK THIS IS EXACTLY THE REASON PEOPLE FIGHT!
Does this guy think he is deep or something?

Portugal>>>Spain>>>Italy>>>>>Greece

How'd I do?

t. Country that only became semi-decent in the past couple of decades, and mostly because of the U.S. and West

In which way is that useful for Spain today?

thanks but badly

Italy is number 1

I honestly never thought of it like that. Gonna read up on it. Have a (You)

Italy > Spain >>>> Poortugal > Greece

Italy wasn't even a country during the age of exploration. Also he is supporting imperialism and needs to check his privilege.

>Italy is one economy

I feel like Portugal is a nice country because of how somewhat irrelevant it is. I talked to African migrants who say they skip the M*d countries and went for rich ones.

But Portugal discovered a fuck load and was richer than everyone they should rule the meds

>theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/06/the-mystery-of-why-portugal-is-so-doomed/276371/

Sadly it didn't turn out that way

fake news. Portugal is the unofficial leader of meds.

>doesn’t even touch the Mediterranean

Spain values rape more

reminder that Italy literally had a higher GDP than Britain until like 2006

Fine, Southern Euro then

kek

north yorkshire is as affluent as the city of london?
severe doubt

wtf only 5x? thought it'd be more

hernan Cortez did nothing wrong

if that article doesn't blame 25 for our shit state then it's a shit article

Italy is still number 1 all around

Why are the Portuguese so modest? More proof you're the leaders

The map measures discretionary income.
So disposable income after taxes, housing and food. Standard of living in a sense.

>London
>Affordable Housing
Yeah.

What is that one blue slice in Portugal?

Snoreway

>poorkraine

Based black science man said it so it must be true.