Fargo

S1 > S2 > Movie > S3
Every season was good
Lester Nygaard and Lorne Malvo a best

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1499014380945.webm
hollywoodreporter.com/fien-print/fargo-season-3-finale-explained-1015844
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Season 1 was great. I got bored and stopped watching a couple episodes into season 2

If the movie is your favorite, you're just trying to look cool.
If season 1 is your favorite, you're a patrician.
If season 2 is your favorite, you're a hipster.
If season 3 is your favorite, you're a pleb that most likely didn't watch anything else Fargo-related.

WRONG

Film>S1>S3>S2

Thanks la

All the seasons are too self-indulgent at points. The film is the only one that shows restraint and maturity.

S2 being the biggest example of this. And S1 and S3 overdoing it with the unstoppable villains.

But neither of them are unstoppable. Especially not Malvo. He gets caught by Lester and killed by Gus.

Yeah but there are many instances in which they appear to be almost omniscient and supernatural. They are meant to be Mephistophelian villains, Hawley says so himself.

If you believe that the series is even close in quality to the film you should go back to r*ddit

Can't go back to where I've never been

>implying Malvo at the end wasn't a direct ripoff of Anton Chigurh

movie set the basics, but the series elevates it. Larger lore, characters get more depth ,etc.

also this

I watched all 3 and the movie, Part 3 is better than 2

3 at least didn't end with aliens

If you think your dumb little TV show is better than the movie you deserve to die from dysentery

S2>Film>S3>S1

You may just be the ultimate hipster

it had a literal deus ex machina though

and people forgave it

Season 2 had the UFO deus ex machina, yes.
If you're talking about Season 3, I have no idea what would constitute Deus Ex Machina.

>it had a literal deus ex machina
You're thinking about Season 2.

I think he's thinking of literally God/Wandering Jew, aka Ray Wise

S1 = S2 = S3 > movie

s1 had the fishes, no?

cant remember if the movie had any

Personally I really liked S3. I just wish they had made Varga less OP, the whole Burgle not being detected by motion sensors more subtle and the whole Ray Wise character less blatantly omniscient.

Oh, also, when Swango gets the shit beaten out of her by Yuri I thought she'd been murdered. When you pound someone's face in with a pipe for that long they usually die. Instead she was just badly beaten.
That scene was incredibly shocking to me, because I really thought "Wow, they're really not fucking around" and the fact that they would kill an important character like that really took me by surprise. I was a bit disappointed that she was just badly bruised and didn't even need to go to the hospital. And I liked her character, but it just didn't make a lot of sense.

To be fair the fish didn't actually do anything plot related besides devastate grocery king

Wandering jew was not so bad. but the whole varga-nikki fight was shit

They didn't beat her face

I know, just a figure of speech. He was using a tire iron. From the sound of it you'd think multiple ruptured organs and broken bones, instead she's relatively fine

I'd love to hear the idiots that enjoy ranking things try and explain how a derivative pastiche of excellent and widely beloved source material is somehow better than said source material.

>From the sound of it you'd think multiple ruptured organs and broken bones
Oh, she definitely had at least one ruptured organ

Literal as in God is literally sitting at a bowling alley bar and solves a big problem for one of the characters.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1499014380945.webm
You don't just walk that shit off without treatment. You die.
Besides, what was the point of leaving her alive? Did Yuri just want to intimidate her? And risk getting the police on him if she talked? How did he know she wouldn't talk? Attacking her like that and leaving her alive was just adding a loose end, and it didn't make much sense. If you can afford to beat the shit out of someone to near death you might as well kill them.

They thought she was related to Sy in some way, maybe they didn't want to go too far at the time?

You could say it's inconsistent hack writing but if you were enlightened you would see it's a rich metaphor with deep allusions to history, the present, and metatextuality. Hawley did it all the time on Bones.

>S1 = S2 = S3 > movie

I see

You probably also like the walking dead

The bowling alley was a purgatory where Ray Wise was god(?) right? So it's safe to assume Yuri's storyline ended there?

Was VM Varga actually working for/with Ruby Goldfarb?

Is Mr Wrench going to have a role in season 4? He was given another chance in the bowling alley (aswell as season 1 with Lorne Malvo in the hospital), was it to end Emmit or has his storyline still not ended?

Why did Yuri get a background but not Meemo or Golem (who was largely unseen and unheard of for the first half of the season)?

Yuri's weapon was a whip or something along those lines?

>season 4
My man...

The beginning of the season started with the interrogation, why is Yuri Gurka mentioned so many years before the events of the rest of the season when he looks about mid twenties?

Film>S1>perro caca>>>S3>S2

Varga is the head of an international crime syndicate. I'd say his power level was appropriate.

GOAT tier
>S1, S2
Great tier
>Movie
Mediocre tier
>S3

i'd rupture her with my organ

this

I am so sticking my whole thumb in your ass tonight OP

>he seriously believes the movie is more beloved than the show
You're the idiot, user.

Everything derives from something. Doesn't mean the first work of art is the best one.

>Burgle not being detected by motion sensors

Why didn't they detect her until she got hugged by Lopez?

dumb assumption
I think I only watched the first episode

She even explained that herself. She feels like she isn't even present on the earth, like she's a ghost, a spirit with no purpose and no way to affect the world.
When Lopez hugs her she feels the kindness. She feels like she isn't alone. Which is sort of the moral of the whole story, as pointed out when she tells her son "we just have to stick together" despite all the evil that happens in the world

hollywoodreporter.com/fien-print/fargo-season-3-finale-explained-1015844
I'd suggest reading this interview with Noah Hawley

The Coen Brothers arguable masterpiece will always be more beloved than Noah Hawley's shameful ripoff. And when a second "work of art" directly lifts its title, dialogue, characters, shot composition, setting, humor, and thematic content from a previous work of art and does nothing but dilute the substance and shuffle references around it will always be inferior. Just because you watched the rip off first doesn't mean it is better.

He whipped her with his lil cossack whip thingy.

Meemo and Golem didn't get a background because they chose to focus on Gloria's dumb stepdad's book instead of Varga's henchmen. And Yuri used a Nagyka, which is a short whip used by Cossacks.

Yeah, only realised after making that post.
Looks like a braided blackjack/billy club of some sorts.
I still think something like that could kill, it's usually tipped with lead.
I think maybe the sound effects were deceiving, they made it sound like she was really getting mashed up.

A bit harsh on the series which is not as bad as you say it is.
That said, the film is obviously in another league in terms of quality.

He hit her about 20 times, full force, until she couldn't even scream anymore, and kept going after that. Her popping back up after the crushing sound effects and Sy's horrified reaction is a prime example of how terrible this show is.

>Nagyka
Oh, my bad
disregard

It's a terrible show that relies on references and inflating dumb people's sense of self importance for watching a show devoid of a compelling narrative, character, or theme.

I agree about the sounds, they made it sound like a murder. I think she should at least have been way more fucked up by it.

Yet you've watched all 3 seasons
Interesting.

It's not a terrible show by any standard. It's a lot better than most shows.
All the other stuff you said is pure nonsense.

I watched the whole first season, the first episode of season 2, and about half of season 3. That does not negate its terrible quality. I genuinely enjoyed the first episode at the time, and then it gradually revealed itself as the up its own ass machine gun battle biblical UFO unreliable narrator masturbation fest. It's a terrible show by most standards, especially from a writing perspective. It is one of the poster children for our current think piece click bait look at how smart we are upvote pop culture.

>i can help
;__;

I just have to disagree with you because it's really not bad compared to most television.
I can totally accept that it can be not good enough for you because, as essentially all tv series do, it isn't able to maintain its focus across the episodes and it loses itself in self-indulgence.
But that's just a limitation of the medium, at least so far.
I'd be surprised if you could find more shows better than this one than you could count on both hands.

i didnt get this part.. where they all in purgatory ..or some shit?

Purgatory might be a bit of a misnomer. They were all near-death and some survived and some didn't.

It's exactly as bad as most television. It just has a prestige television coat of paint on it. If you look beyond the superficial and the cache that comes with it being associated with the Coen Brothers the show has nothing to offer. And the supposed limitations of the medium have long been transcended by shows that demonstrate a genuine excellence in their writing.

3 > 2 > Movie > 1

Varga is the best villain.

i dont know how anyone could really enjoy season 3

all the characters felt so damn flat and boring except for professor lupin

1>2>>>>>>

You can't just dismiss good cinematography, acting and dialogue as "prestige television coat of paint" because most shows can't even get close to that level of quality. Even if those qualities are a product of "ripping off" the film.

ah ok, i see. the part where he said the little kitten was ray got me

Fucking pleb.

Movie>>>>>>S1>>>>>>>>>S2>>>>>>>>S3

S1 > Movie > S2

I stopped seeing after S2. Fargo suck balls.

>i dont know how anyone could really enjoy season 3
You said it
>professor lupin

>Hold on a second Nikki, I.... I didn't kill Ray.He pulled on the stamp frame and the glass hit his neck. I was trying to give it to him - I swear, honest.
>Oh, okay. Sorry about the misunderstanding.

No way she would've believed him or cared.

we have this thread every day multiple times a day

whats your point, faggot?

Except the show has terrible attention-seeking cinematography, and uniformly awful dialogue that is really mostly just monologue after long drawn out monologue. If you want to ignore the fact that these things are unoriginal on top of that that's your prerogative I guess. A lot of shows attempt to follow the formula set out by the shows that genuinely elevated the medium and fail miserably, I don't know why you think Fargo should be rewarded for it.

Film > S2 > > > > > S1 > > S3

Shills gotta shill

only correct answer