Calls himself a "true Batman fan"

>calls himself a "true Batman fan"
>insists Batman never kills

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/2016/03/24/zack-snyder-explains-why-batman-kills-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-/
gamesradar.com/batman-v-superman-robin-axe/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>being a batman fan

Batman never kills. If want an edgy Batman, go read fucking Midnighter.

>falling for the bait

He is also Batman if Batman finally accepted his homosexuality.

You mean "Batman SHOULDN'T KILL"

Most Bats fans only watched Batman TAS and played Arkham games and take his MUH NO KEELEENG ROOLE way too seriously

I think "Batman never kills" is an interesting development of his character, and I especially like it when his villains taunt him with it.

>TDK Joker: ...and you didn't disappoint - you let 5 people die!

It's not about whether or not the Batman has killed, he's obviously killed in some of his millions upon millions of comics, movies, tv shows, and video games.
It's about which Batman the fan heils as the "true" Bats. The iteration you think of when someone mentions him, the one that holds a special place in your heart.
So yea, a lot of people who say that did get it from the 90's cartoon, but that's not to say that they're wrong or uneducated.
My Batman doesn't kill either, but if your Batman does, that's cool. It's not anything to fight over.
My true Bats is Brave and the Bold

>it's a ''Let's pretend Batman's no. 1 rule isn't anything special because Snyder made Batman kill'' episode

Yeah this is about right. Real fans know Batman doesn't kill anymore, but has in the past. If Batman kills, there should be an in-universe reason for it, like there was in BvS. It's really bad in the Dark Knight movies because he has a no-kill rule but kills people anyway. What's up with that?

I just take it as pre-crisis Batman was more lenient on his whole no killing policy, whereas the post-crisis Batman was far more strict with it. Then New52 being equally, if not more, strict.

I thought the no-killing was big during the Silver Age too?

I think that's true. Batman killed more people in the mid 70's and 80's than during the Silver Age.

To me it's more Batman doesn't murder and tries to avoid directly killing like punching a man unconscious and leaving him in a blizzard.
Batman Begins had a good balance with "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."

In a rainbow filled, perfect world, Bats will knock out everyone, roll them into the recovery position, put a blanket on them and leave a bottle of water for when they wake up.

Wasn't this when Dennis O'neil was editor? I know he was keen on bringing back Batman to his roots from the late 30's and early 40's, maybe that's why he was more lax on Batman's no killing-rule.

Snyder really believes that Batman's no kill rule came from the '89 movie. comicbook.com/2016/03/24/zack-snyder-explains-why-batman-kills-in-batman-v-superman-dawn-/

Also in the BvS art book you can see that Robin is using an axe or a halberd, so Batman has likely been killing his entire career. gamesradar.com/batman-v-superman-robin-axe/

I love murder-Bats. Possibly because I grew up on Burton Batman, and when I was a kid, I was taught that you fucking kill the bad guys. This morality shit and "deerrrpp, I'll be no better than him" is fucking stupid. It makes heroes seem impotent to help when they're standing around like tards while the bad guys commit genocide.

My biggest problem with the rule is how it contrasts so starkly with what happens in the comics. It almost feels like the villains are playing by a different set of rules, like they actually are real world, gritty, murderous psychopaths, but somehow the heroes are these one-dimensional archetypes transplanted right from the silver age. Hundreds of people are dying, but still the most important thing is "never take a life!!!". Fucking stupid. If you're going to have the villains be so savage and lethal, don't have the heroes be retards. If you want the heroes to have a believable "no-kill" code, then tone down the fucking villains a bit. I know writers feel like this creates a "challenge" for the heroes, but it's actually just fucking frustrating to see them being so retarded.

The terrible justification of "If I kill one, when does it stop?" Is so painfully stupid it hurts. I think it's a gauge of someone's morality to know when to take a life and when not to. Realizing that one life must end to save countless more, and having the strength to make that decision is a great way to make a character seem competent and wise. Having them standby to watch one villain continue to murder hundreds, just because they refuse to get their hands dirty makes a character just seem childish, selfish and incompetent.

>My true Bats is Brave and the Bold
This. This universe has the right tone and severity to really make Bats' no-kill code seem ethical and maybe even integral.

How'd you type that while jerking off all those dicks you faggot?

>Then New52 being equally, if not more, strict
Batman's no kill code has basically become a form of Bat-wank. It's one of the few things that casuals and Batfags are aware of about the character, so they cling to it really hard. All a writer has to do is play it up a bit, and it makes readers go "Damn, this is some good writing"

>Snyder really believes that Batman's no kill rule came from the '89 movie.
But... he didn't have a no kill rule in that movie.

Funny, because Bats kind of makes sure Joker doesn't survive at the end of Endgame. Sure, they were fucked anyways, but yeah. And he was going to kill the Joker in DOTF, but the joker "killed" himself instead.

>clown with bomb strapped to chest
>batman smiles and kicks him in a ditch
>slowly walks away from the explosion

But I thought the point of batman was to make sure what happened to him never happened to anyone again. The no kill rule is an extension of that--he doesn't want to put people who may love the bad guy through what he want through.

It's not just "KILLING BAD". There's an entire traumatic logic behind it.

>It makes heroes seem impotent to help when they're standing around like tards while the bad guys commit genocide.

I...actually thought this was the point of Batman's character: that things just get worse no matter how hard he tries.

Have I been mistaken for 20 years?