Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Doc:
docs.google.com/document/d/1b_kW_QkFSAeCjGVP51kVG6J10gR8YLStcNpzPh-ARC0/edit

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/84370919/

Other urls found in this thread:

the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Bees_Knees
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Appladay
pastebin.com/gAKtFuJV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Last thread:

-Talked about what Indra Thunder does out of super suit
-Got the last of the 12 Demon Kings settled
-Setting up the outline for the AC(oSF) story arcs
-Setting up the outline for the Stretcherous story arcs
-All that set up was to get Bombastic and the Bomb-Squad integrated into the plots right
-Pun based bad guys of General Freedom
-Actually writing the AC(oSF) story arcs out, continuing with part 2 of the "Bloom arc"
-The plot heavy story ideas for moving the Demon Post Office story forward and finishing up Erin's story arc on the demon planes (whenever those will actually get written out is anyone's guess)
-New pics of Golden Girl, Ma'am Aries, Star-Striker, Backfire, Betty Volare, CEO Slick
-Realizing we have a deficiency of magical villains

>/coc/
No, that's what people search if the want to talk about Corruption of Champions.

Why would they want to talk about Corruption of Champions on Sup Forums?

When was that game even made?

We've been using the term /coc/ since 2008, if not sooner.

While a mass grave could work, I sort of want it to be all from a giant ancient organism that got trapped.

We're already doing stuff with a hive-mind with the Bloom in the same story, so a "legion" type entity might be pushing it.

I still haven't worked out how to make the oil monster just showing up to be less out-of-fucking-nowhere unless there's some focus on Slick after the fact where he's looking into just who provided the info for there being oil at that site.

Another hard thread to keep from dying early.

>Realizing we have a deficiency of magical villains

There is always the option of letting villainy trickle down from the Demon Kings.

attack on titan's color scheme, really?

So what's this shit about? making a comic together?

If that's the case I could design or try to design characters that still need to be drawn, which characters are lacking artwork?

There's only one other colored picture of her.

It's been a while since we were on the topic of characters without artwork. There's been a lot of focusing in on existing characters and trying to pull plotlines together more than making new characters.

There are a few rogue's galleries that are still lacking art though, like the ones belonging to these guys:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Bees_Knees
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/Appladay

The grenade launcher mage eventually got art, and somewhere along the way picked up a partner.

Not all of the demon kings are villains though.

And the lack of magical villains realization was brought about when we were trying to pick a villain who sent Slick to drill for haunted oil, then he goes after whoever put that info in his hands after he becomes possessed.
A villain like that would need arcane knowledge or some other mystical mumbo-jumbo, and we can't find any villains like that in the current depository of unused characters.

Voodini might work.

There's the golem witch, maybe. She has a fire golem, right? That'd be a pretty good defense against an oil monster.

What's his deal?

I'm saying let's fluff up some demonic lieutenants, or cultists or something from them. We can make villains that are necessitated by the existence of the kings themselves.

Well, Blue has the Bluebloods.

Voodini's deal was never really expanded on. He's some magic guy who uses magic to commit crimes. Has Houdini's ghost forced into a deal with him where whenever he gets caught he can force that ghost into helping him escape at the cost of not being able to drink alcohol for a couple weeks because kidney problems.

He's like... classic bad guy? Just does bad things because he can.

Hmmm... for most of the story, any demons on Earth are cut off from their supply of magic from the kinds or are severely diminished since the only stable portal from the planes to Earth collapsed and needs to be re-opened.

A demonic lieutenant could attempt to consume the old magic found in that oil, but they'd need someone to dig it up for them.

Could be somebody left behind as a result of the Big Bad Thing,

Well yes, that's what I was implying with the whole portal collapse.

What color though? Any but blue unless they're a vampire, and then the whole portal thing wouldn't be relevant anyway.

If we link this with demons then that opens up a thread for Belle to follow in locating her dad in the alternate dimensions which are all connected to the planes in one way or another.

Purple is the most modern and probably the most likely to be business savvy enough to pull it off as a corporate game. I'd expect most of the other colors to take more direct approaches.

I'd say no color. Disenfranchised colorless demons who want power and are scheming to get it. Wasn't there something related to that to do with the Bad Thing?

This is all we have to go by on the Duke
> Erin and Steve are told to go find a place in the city a music loving specter might go.
> Steve knows this little joint, a small club for the folks walking on the unseen side of the line of life.
> Little lounge club for ghosts, goblins, spooks, fairies, all sorts. The kind of bar Dullahan would go to.
> When they get there a smart ass lean demon walks up to Steve. Horns spun together to look like tied up dreads. Rocking a slick goatee. Sharp suit and everything.
> "My boy, you walk straight outta hell Steve?"
> "Hey Richie." The two shake hands. Richie is all smiles.
> "Damn son, after that ruckus in Hong Kong I never thought I'd see you." That's when Richie notices Erin. "And with Erin de Gaulle no less. Mm-mm."
> Richie takes Erin's hand and gives it a little greeting kiss.
> "You know Steve?" Richie laughs at Erin's inquiry.
> "Girl? Do I know Steve. Please, anyone that was around that night would never forget mister flying dragon right here."
> "Damn well thought the duke was going to string him up right there for interrupting the show."
> "I do have to thank you by the by Miss. The tenor you delivered? Saved my ass that night."
> Erin stares at Richie, "the duke?"
> "Oh yeah," Richie beams, "the supreme duke of moanin' hisself. Showed up to a nice joint right on the edge of dreamin and swingin on the other side of the Hong Kong mirror."
> "Two years ago now, bout three weeks after you got that sax for me I do this show at a club I frequent here on the Earthly plain. Little did I know the duke was going to be there."
> "So we're doing our number, real banging hard bop and swing. Tunes like the 1940s never came to an end."
cont

> "And right up there in the booth is a golem in a fly purple suit like you wouldn't believe. Johnny boy turns to me and says, the high duke himself showed up."
> "and it was right there in the middle of that number that this dead ol man comes flyin in. Right through a door like it wasn't no thing."
> Erin looks at Steve who shrugs while Richie continues the story.
> "He's right there in the middle of the dance floor. Everyone scatters. All sorts of spooks, and the duke is livid. Standing up there on the second floor - man I swear that golem he was using looked like it was about to do a New Year's impression."
> "All sorts of kung fu nonsense zombies wearing these, well, for you human kids that can't hear the real name without your heads poppin, dream eating starfish come running in."
> "We're panicking. Pretty sure we're all going to die. You don't just stop the music in front of the duke. That don't happen."
> "And then this asshole right here turns to the stage and goes-"
> Steve finishes, "play me a thumpin tune and I'll show you how to swing."
> "The brass balls on this punk kid."
> "So we start playing. Real foot stomper. And he starts the ballroom brawl that looked like we just entered the dragon."
> "Beats all those starfish wearing zombies back to death and the song comes to an end. That's when the duke comes over."
> "Walks up to Steve and we're all thinking his balls might be brass but there aint no way the duke'll let him off."
> "What does this kid do?"
> "He jumps out the goddamned window."
> "and the duke is just standing there with his hand extended waiting for a hand shake."
> "So, yes Ms. de Gaulle. I know Steve, the dead man that cut a jig then flew the coop on the Supreme Duke of Moanin hisself."
> Steve coughs while Erin stares at him. Richie clues in.
> "You don't even know who the Duke is do you?"
> Steve shakes his head.

I haven't been able to find a place to put it on the wiki since it's a post-planes story.

No, there wasn't.

No one will let me properly set in stone whatever that thing that happened was or even give it an event name instead of a description as a name.

What did happen is a bunch of low tier demons were stuck on the British Islands after the portal collapsed and were forced to start praying on humans to get their magic fix, then the Queen's Queers caught them, they cannibalized each other in their containment, blew the fuck up destroying most of the QQs' facilities, and then the QQs were bought out and reformatted into Britainment.

The angle I've been envisioning for the bad thing was that something has basically inverted Hank's portal. It breached through the worlds, using the portal in such a way as to pull it inside out, temporarily overlapping a portion of Earth and a part of the demon realms. In doing so, the portal has become like a knot or a veil, actually actively preventing attempts to create a new portal instead of just being broken.

Even having someone on the other side, like Dr. Corson, trying to help Hank isn't enough to get through it, because it's Hank's own magic working against him. They need another human mage, Erin, to establish a proper link they can use to bore their way through.

If we go with there having been an overlap between the worlds, it could set up there having been a small flood of lesser demons stranded there, pulled through the portal as it was inverted.

The overlap also makes for an easy explanation of how some thirdrate spellbook was able to get Erin into the demon realms and nobody else was able to follow her. She must've been caught up by the inversion.

I always thought they just had perfect timing and Erin got sucked in right as it was happening.

Actually, what if we cut the lesser demon part out and capitalized on the whole "inversion" thing? What if the portal collapse was either something or part of something potent enough to invert magic across a staggeringly wide area for a brief period of time? Suddenly, protective spells turn destructive, spells to summon a demon instead send you to them, spells to contain become spells to unleash.

The QQ's own magic safety measures might have been what destroyed them. It also helps to open up why England is only just now experiencing a renewed age of magical activity. The magic of so many ancient artifacts was unbound, the veil hiding the Wandering Country briefly became an amplifier, and the decline of magic was temporarily forced into an ascent.

That's not to mention there might just be a bunch of magical energy from the section of the demon realms that was brought into Earth. If the demon realms are mostly magic energy, it might have dispersed and scattered, providing fuel for magic throughout the region.

There's plenty more just various strangeness we can justify as having come from such an event.

I dunno, I like the lesser demons thing. Too much emphasis is put on the color kings.

This technically doesn't put any emphasis on them. In this scenario, something has royally fucked up pretty much everything magic related throughout England and some parts of Europe, causing a major shift on an international basis. Add to that, nobody knows what the fuck actually directly caused it, and you get "the bad thing that happened".

The part I didn't really like about the imp plan is that it is incredibly straightforward and easy to explain. There's not enough "what the actual fuck" about it to have been referred to in vague, inexplicable terms.

The lesser demons all over the UK was a result of the portal getting fucked stranding them there, not the cause of the portal getting fucked.

But having the backwash cause a cascade effect like that sounds pretty cool.

>This technically doesn't put any emphasis on them. In
I know, but in general whenever demons come up it's the color kings. It'd be nice to throw the normals a bone now and again.

But you're right, wacky could be good in this case.

I think the color kings have control over 90% of all the planes.

The war against blue forced a huge culture shift, it was like a technological revolution or a renascence for demons once the kings and their infinite magic came to power.
Now, instead of having to shank 13 imps a day just to maintain your physical form and have enough spare magic to fight off anyone trying to drain yours, you can just swear loyalty to some king and get enough magic to live off of without having to worry about anyone trying to shank you with a magic shiv to drink your magic life juices.

Sure, there are probably a bunch of old demons who still stick to the old ways, but they're dwindling since they can't compete with ENDLESS MAGIC.

But I feel we've gotten a little off track since this all started with needing a magical malicious entity to plant the information of where this ancient oil monster was buried for Slick to go dig up.

Well, we finally got a long-awaited concrete idea of the goings on in Sup Forumsverse Europe so it was at least worth the detour.

But to round it back to the villain, Purple seems like a good fit. Now the question is, Cultist or demon proper?

I'm not sure demons are the right choice, then, since hell is blocked off from Earth as per Erin's plot and any color demons that somehow were on Earth would be useless for the same reason. Maybe we should look elsewhere.

Well, that's kind of the idea. The fact that they're cutoff is what's leading them to do such stupid things as unearthing the oil thing.

So back to square one.

It's not yet relevant in the AC(oSF) story, I'm just still trying to make the oil monster appearing less "whamy" since it feels unconnected to the plot happening before its appearance, but this is the best time to make it appear.

Should I start keeping a patebin of the Aqua plot line progress even though it's not quite a written out story and more of a "this is what I'd do to put these characters in a story" thing that I just started doing and don't feel like stopping yet?

I think a pastebin is warranted at this point. There's a good amount of material here and moreover loose ends that could lead into other things. Could be we come up with a magic villain at some point who perfectly fits the bill.

Alright, here's all the Pike family line stuff I've pondered out over the years.

pastebin.com/gAKtFuJV

There's also my ideas for Spearhead that I've never typed out until now.

After his origin story he does the crime fighting thing while dating Carrie and also helping to run the shop.
The first major arc of that would be him fighting against some crime ring of smugglers, the arc ends with Carrie learning Lance is Spearhead and also General Freedom finally returning to the United States after defeating the last of the Nazi robots in South America.

Arc two is making Lance and Carrie's relationship work and also Lance (as Spearhead) being invited to join the newly formed Justice Coalition. After seeing that Lance is actually doing good for the country and right by people, Carrie is finally able to accept Lance's double life. Lance then takes a more "reserves" position in the JC doing mostly covert work in tracking Korr. The arc ends with Lance proposing to Carrie.

Then it skips ahead like 14 or 15 years and it goes into Tides of Destiny with saving Mace, capturing Korr, rehabilitating Mace, and the first televised super villain court trial.

In the interest of bumping: Golden Guardian is taller and bustier than Wonder Woman and Power Girl, all with 100% unenhanced human genetics.

I feel we should be proud of that.

OK, but why is that something significant?

Because fetishes. You know, like how every hyper amazon fetish character is taller than Wondy. They too should be proud.

Well hopefully the thread makes it through the night so I can keep working out these aqua plots tomorrow.

She's curiously attractive, for a fish woman.

/coc/ doesn't do ugly chicks.

Not really significent, just something I noticed and wanted to bump the thread with.

>I feel we should be proud of that.

Not really. It's not like it's difficult to write that a character is X without Y. You could say someone is bigger and stronger than Captain America with 100% unenhanced human genetics, but that's nothing to be proud of.

This is one of the smallest victories you could possibly be celebrating.

But user, patting ourselves on the back for things that are actually retarded is an age-old /coc/ tradition.

So I'm thinking to stop the oil monster Belle will need to create a water current around the oil rig, that should be too much for her, so she'll need to push herself beyond her limits.

While she's doing that, Reef should be creating a platform under the platform to force all of the oil monster out of the water, and to also plug up the leaks if all of the monster hasn't forced its way out of the ground yet.

Then they can start containing the thing on the rig.

While Belle and Reef at doing that, Levi and Caliber should be trying to get the bloom infected away from the oil monster.
Jellybro should finally make some progress with the Bloom queen and she pulls all the zombies back.

I don't think burning the oil monster would be the AC(oSF)'s style since they think it might turn into a gas monster, which is far more dangerous and difficult to trap, but Slick or one of his employees might burn it. Probably not Slick since oil is profits and that's a lot of profit to burn up.

Slick needs to get his chopper working during all of this (when it goes up in flames if it goes up in flames) and starts making his escape only to get swatted out of the sky by the oil monster.
When he lands in the water, the oil he and his chopper got coated in starts clinging to Slick to keep from dispersing, that's when he gets infected/possessed. It's a double edged sword since it keeps the Bloom from infecting him, but now he's gotta deal with oil finding its way inside of his body.

>I don't think burning the oil monster would be the AC(oSF)'s style since they think it might turn into a gas monster, which is far more dangerous and difficult to trap, but Slick or one of his employees might burn it. Probably not Slick since oil is profits and that's a lot of profit to burn up.
On the other hand, profit isn't worth much if it costs him his hide.

And his rig. Rigs are expensive.

The rig is already pretty well trashed, offset, and being covered in coral to keep the oil monster from escaping. The rig is a lost cause at this point and since he wasn't able to make it legal before it was discovered, he can't even collect insurance.

Slick isn't an idiot, so he probably won't go after the AC(oSF) for revenge, instead he'll look at the books, figure out who gave his company the info to drill there, and then take revenge on whoever THAT is. And also he'll want to know how that rig got built before all the finances were in proper order that go into building things like that since the whole situation smells fishy to him in hindsight.

And of course revenge is not profitable, but if there's someone out there who knew about this oil monster, then they might know about other things as well, and that's worth an investment for the potential payoff.

The oil monster Slick is fused with however will always be trying to force him to fight the AC(oSF) or do other destructive, not profitable things.

Revenge is absolutely profitable if it teaches your partners not to screw you.

What partners?
Someone snuck into Slick's company's computer system, planted a file, and arranged for a rig to be built ahead of schedule.

Finding whoever that is counts as revenge, but also can be profitable since they clearly know where to find valuable things.

>Someone snuck into Slick's company's computer system, planted a file, and arranged for a rig to be built ahead of schedule.
I was under the impression that he received advice from a mystical villain, and built the rig himself to explore it. Is our mystical villain here also a hacker?

The problem we've been running into is that the person who supplied the information might be a character we have yet to create.

So the motives and event order is still in flux, which is causing problems.

Well we can always pull the "talking to a mysterious figure in the shadows who may or may not get revealed later" angle. That settles the interaction without requiring the character itself to be filled in until later. Classic saturday morning cartoon hedge.

The plot hole problem I think I ran into is this:

>Slick reactivated that lab to cause a zombie attack on the coast
>He did this so he could buy the drilling rights in that area cheaply
>The rig was already built illegally though
So the solution I've been trying to implement is someone got around Slick to build the rig ahead of schedule and Slick wants to know who did it. That's his secondary motivation after he becomes an oil man since his first motivation (profit) hasn't changed.

It's a problem I think only I'm seeing, but it bothers the hell out of me now that I see it.

CoC drawthread?

Clash of clans drawthread?

neato

It sure is lucky in this group of cosmic elder-horrors there's a sexy lady showing a bit of leg.

There may have been other sites nearby he wanted to dig at that he couldn't do discretely, like the one that comes up in the story. Rather than wanting to drive people off to start operations, he's doing so to expand them, perhaps.

They're not really cosmic, there's a different group for that.

Yeah, that's a much better idea. I'll go with that instead.

So the oil monster's motivation is to get Slick to free the rest of it from underground, but Slick's will is stronger so he uses the oil powers for whatever he wants.

Well, if you think of it, they are kind of cosmic. They may not have started off as such but channeling an entire plane of power apiece is very cosmic.

Yes.

And for some reason no one can explain Tats has naughty pictures of her in her photo album.

Oh god, imagine what Tats would be like in space!

I wonder how many of them speculate on where these planes of never ending magic came from.

She'd hate space since it's very hard to do anything in a spacesuit.

Bleh, don't care for amazons.

>100% unenhanced human genetics.

Got a problem with enhanced people?

Not in the slighest. Just admiring Audrey's genetic jackpot is all.

Also, she's taller than Briana as well.

Taller but not bustier. Briana's 5'10", Audrey's what, like 6'2"?

Yeah, 6'2", maybe 6'4" at the most.

Is it really a "jackpot" when she's hand-crafted to be fetish fuel?

Well, it's a jackpot from an in-universe perspective.

Several of them also aren't "elder". A few of them are relative upstarts that saw the colored magic system as an opportunity to swoop in and establish themselves in the big leagues, which includes the Blissful Lady.

>
oh, ive been out of these threads for a while
who drew this? nice to see our bust and brightest

Then there's nothing to admire about it except its effect on your dick.

Drawn last thread by lefthandblack.

So is the Blissful Lady not the first to have command over that plane of magic?

geez, at least she grew out before growing up

Lacks Briana though.

Posting some street level hero ideas for Tats to interview.

super lawyer
A lawyer who wears a mask in court, everyone knows who he is though and he's just works as a lawyer, he is known to be the most honest and to stand for justice which is why people look up to him. Tats later finds out that the Lawyer works with a secret detective who does everything to find out the true.

The dark avenger
A hero who managed to keep his identity a secret, so far he only stopped some minor crimes but at some point he managed to defeat a bigger mafia group, he then gets in contact with Tats and tells her his story, he was a successful business man who was tricked and lost his job and his family, he decided to be a hero for his kid eventhough the kid doesn't know who the dark avenger is.

Femme
yeah she was raped and became literally a social justice warrior.

Sportsman
an earlier Athlete who works as a sport teacher at day and fights against drug dealers at night.

blue justice
the official police hero, is a hero mostly for show though, which causes mixed feelings between the other cops.

I'm bad at hero naming but whatever, most of them have secret identities mainly because most people don't care, Tats finds out who they are at some point or rather they open up to her and she has to decide what and how much she is gonna tell in her article.

Make sure you write that concrete idea down in bullet point format that can be contained in one post for easy re-posting purposes or else it'll get lost forever.

>Something breached it's way through Hank's portal
>This pulled the portal in on itself, spilling some of the demon realms onto Earth
>It also caused a widespread magical inversion effect throughout England and some parts of Europe
>What remained of the portal became a barrier preventing the portal from being fixed or replaced
>Ancient artifacts spilled out all sorts of dormant powers
>The Wandering Country is briefly revealed to the world
>Protective and containing spells turned destructive, causing the destruction of the QQs and probably several other magical institutions
>Erin and her friends attempting to summon a demon instead sends her to them
>Magic as a whole enters a resurgence period

Another benefit of this is that it sets up why a previously somewhat passive and sleepy organization like the QQs has to suddenly get a whole lot more active. The wake of this event is a very tumultuous time.

>no mask
shit/10

So it overlapped for an instant, then snapped back and formed a knot.

There could be something or someone trapped in that knot.

So whatever is stuck in that portal, odds are they're gonna have to fight it when they cut through the knot.

I have the masked version too, I'm just not 100% sold on it yet.

What to do with this guy?

That's because you have taste. Maskless is best.

He looks like a merchant from a sci-fi themed JRPG.

He's one of the many demons loyal to the Yellow Jester.