lynch is dead

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1cQh1ccqu8M
youtube.com/watch?v=zugbZQYXZqM
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ht36AuiWQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Drz6MNUigMU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The problem with it was that there was no buildup

one episode a week was a mistake, it should be 2.

This is the water.

THIS

Drink deep

L Y N C H E D

LYNCHED
Y
N
C
H
E
D

Watch 2 episodes every 2 weeks

no that would be hell

I liked it for how wild it was, but it did sort of some out of nowhere. I could have gone without the Nine Inch Nails too, but I liked the episode on the whole.

Care to explain WHY you feel that way? Or is it too much effort to put actual thought into a post?

Drink deep and descend

FUCKING CHAD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>lynched
Does this mean we watched something of Lynch's expecting it to be good because everyone seems to suck his dick, but it was actually bad, or we watched something of his not liking it because we can't comprehend Lynch's greatness because he's an auteur and we're idiots?

Yes.

Well, which one is it?

Absolutely.

You've been Lynched beyond the observable universe.

>Lynched
I've seen only Dune, considering it an ambitious and impressive, but ultimately a failure, and am watching the second season of Twin Peaks and am finding it boring as fuck. I guess I have been Lynched, but refuse to believe that there's some genius here I'm not seeing.

>second season of Twin Peaks

Lynch worked on only 3 episodes of season 2

Lynchd

Whoops. That was a mistake. I meant to say the second episode of the first season.

It's not genius it's just something else. Something else can be brilliant. Lynch is different. It's like putting mayonnaise on your fries and fried chicken along with ketchup and mustard. It's not something people do but its not actually terrible either.

>people not liking the best hour of tv ever
>they call themselves Sup Forums

It means David Lynch's movies aren't for everyone and this is common knowledge so anyone going into this expecting something different from a Lynch movie was LYNCHED for being stupid.

Hell even the Twin Peaks episodes that he directed in the original are pretty different from the rest of the series except maybe the pilot.

I meant this for

>The episode actually is bad and lazy, filled with LOL BLACK AND WHITE SO ARTISTIC AND DEEP first grade at art school nonsense
>HAHA LYNCHED
Lynchcucks are the worst.

>it's not for you
Okay, so what I supposed to do if I don't like it? Not say so because because I watched something that wasn't for me and therefore my opinions are invalid, and I can conclude it wasn't for me because I didn't like it?

I found the whole sequence captivating.

Now, if I cared about this board at all, I wouldn't have asked, but since it's utterly garbage, here goes nothing:

how many people's first reaction to above statement was to the effect of 'you're an easily impressed retard'?

It just means you didn't like it. I don't know why you would want to talk about it if you didn't like it but don't expect people that like it to agree with you if you don't like it.

I understand that, but saying I was Lynched is pretty condescending, and unclear.

It's just a meme because most of the arguments against this new series are really just about taste. Some people like the way it is presented and others don't so people just say LYNCHED because what else is there to say?

This is already-established information. I like most of his other works, but if any other director did this, they'd get destroyed. It's the psychological phenomenon of Depth Coasting. You create something deep in the past, all following works, simple or not, will be given immunity from ever being called shallow.

>it's intentionally badly acted
>it's intentionally cliche.
>it's intentionally art studenty
>it's intentionally nonsensical . . . that's the sense!
>it's intentionally avoiding everything we typically expect anf demand from high-quality media, don't you see!?

It becomes a shield to deflect and excuse low quality work. Because in their minds, Lynch is fully capable of creating conventional classics (even though he has none), he just doesn't want to, because he's apparently so above it. Lynch fanboys are a joke.

When all perceived flaws are continually labelled 'intentional', what the fanboys are doing is trying to immunize the work from criticism. Like a little kid being mocked for falling over, then saying he did it on purpose. The episode was masturbatory shit.

I agree, Im all for symbolism and weird shit as long as it has an interesting explanation but dropping something like that with only a bit of information and that information being nonsensical until upcoming episodes elaborate on that.

If anything something like that tells me how much full of himself the director must be to do that.

Much like with Kojima hyping the shit out of cg teasers with weird imagery, fans will just eat it up and defend it.

Not saying Kojimbles and Lynch are shit but definetly freaking full of themselves

>as long as it has an interesting explanation
Why?

Why would you wish death on another hueman? You are a sick individuel. Shame.

Because everyone can do weird shit with a budget.

Weirder shit than what Lynch can do.

Chaos is easy, weabing and conecting is not.

You've watched two things where Lynch either wasn't allowed to do what he wanted, or had no involvement with and think it says anything about him. Congratulations.

>there are people who legitimately think episode 8 was lol so randumb even with all the discussion about it on here and other places

Funny that this is a suitable reaction to OP's post.
But totally unsuitable for the context in which it was used.

>people thing episode 8 is chaotic nonsense
Are you really so stupid you need to have spoken exposition?

It took scrutiny of Lynch's entire body of work to finally confirm he's a fucking hack.

Well done, Sup Forums.

Everybody fucking knows what e.g. that sequence is explaining, you dumb ape. It's the pretentious way it's handled and how much time is used to do it that is retarded.

the problem is you not the episode

Well then it's not for you, you've been lynched, gtfo etc.

>It's a ten minutes of shiny lights and smoke and scenes without context, normies see this and in a desperate attempt to seem artsy and "with it" declare it the best episode of any tv show ever episode

>be NIN fan
>nearly fall asleep during that performance
Should have just has Reznor play an FBI agent

>lynchfags don't realize that this was the most FROSTED episode yet

NIN was the only disappointed I have with this season.
I was hoping Trent would be Cooper's retarded brother or something.
That song was definitely one of their worst.

>a 2001/stan brakhage ripoff is the best hour of tv ever
kek

It was amazing. If you need everything explained to you, go to filmschool you little faggot.

I guess Trent wanted to play something he'd written recently but it would have been a nice change of pace from the other bands if it was something more intense/upbeat

>being this impressed by a window media player visualizer

>muh mom wont let me watch twin peaks anymore cuz it was too scary and there were no epic coffee/cherry pie memes

Why don't you recommend us some stuff then? Can you even do that? Name off some things you find great, so we can all laugh at you

Eraserhead, The Elephant Man, Dune, Blue Velvet, Wild at Heart, Fire Walk With Me, Lost Highway, The Straight Story, Mulholland Dr., Inland Empire

Am I the only one who thought the whole time that Got a Light guy was Jerry?

see

I watch 3 or 4 episodes in a row. Best way

LYNCHED!! LYNCHED!! HAHA AM I FITTING IN?

Samefag

It's not like it is just nonsensical though? Why would you need things to be explained explicitly? Can't you enjoy it without that?

I unironically liked the song.

I am someone who listens to the most bizzare industrial electronic stuff with very low tuned guitars and to me this Nine Inch Nails song was very shit

Well I don't so maybe my standards are just lower.

Im sorry mate

>"Never Made It As A Wise Man" starts playing
youtube.com/watch?v=1cQh1ccqu8M

youtube.com/watch?v=zugbZQYXZqM

So you are just being contrarian?

Some of the things shown in this episode are not connected to anything yet.
I have stated that I dont mind simbolysm ot cryptic shit as long as it has a purpose.

Why do you think it has no purpose? By that logic the beginning of a movie would be shit because the ending explains it. I don't agree with that way of thinking. I think it was great in and of itself and it is enjoyable trying to imagine what it all could mean. It wouldn't be enjoyable doing that if there was nothing to it at all and it was random garbage. I admit if after the nine inch nails seen it was literally 45 minutes of explosions only I wouldn't have liked it but it was not that and the explosions worked great in the actual episode.

You wanna hear the stuff I listen to? Here check out this:
youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ht36AuiWQ

This is better than that NIN song imo

I think they just looked at lynch's Wikipedia page and don't have any arguments

L

No, I like the new Twin Peaks just fine, doesn't mean I can't criticize it and the bizarre Sup Forums following it has

Y

Your criticism was bad though because the episode had more than just explosions in it. People are acting like it was literally just the explosion scene and nothing else.

youtube.com/watch?v=Drz6MNUigMU

N

C

Can't be arsed giving serious criticism when the response is a choir of "LYNCHED" from a bunch of people who've never seen a David Lynch film in their lives