Thoughts on Chinese Superman?

Thoughts on Chinese Superman?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/DCcomics/comments/4szh0j/a_chinese_fans_review_of_new_superman/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Smug chubby qt, would husbando

Really though I like that he's kind of a dick, it's almost like having 90s Superboy except Chinese

It's great so far.

Pretty good. He has bad taste in women though.

He's an asshole and I love him

I like him and his book quite a bit so far and am looking forward to more.

Pretty cool costume, I might pick it up.

Nice enough start, crossing my finger and hoping for the best.

There have been quite a lot of new asian versions of already existing heroes lately. Did the big two hire a bunch of new chinese writers or something

Already better than Bendis's black legacies; Miles and Riri.

comic book films are quite a hit in China, so the big 2 are milking it for as much as they can.

I haven't actually read the issue yet, so if it's actually good then all the better for everyone.

Dr. Omen is my waifu.

>not wanting a stoic possibly evil scientist lady to experiment on you
Yeah, Kenan needs to get his head out of his ass, and his ass on the operation table.

Wait till dad hears about this

The entire setting reads like a westerners fan fiction of China.

reddit.com/r/DCcomics/comments/4szh0j/a_chinese_fans_review_of_new_superman/

I liked it a lot.

Needs more beefcake.

Interesting so far

Chinese Batman is more awesome

The character is pretty unlikeable, but I'm interested enough in the story to come back for the second issue.

Is he or Amadeus Cho more likable?

Kenan

>Character that's had 3 lines.

Chinese Superman had three lines as Superman

so what makes this guy different than all the new Marvel replacement characters?

Amadeus is definitely more likable.

But he didn't just become a character when he got his powers. We had an entire issue with him.

Looks like a standard pulp take on the Supes character, has potential to be more.

He's not actually replacing Superman, China just wants one of their own.
Also, anyone else hope that August General and the other Great 12 show up?

>I can tell you this first.His name Kong Kenan in Chinese sounds like fear Kryptonite...
That's a neat touch

Storytime when?

He's awesome instead of Super-dick we get Super-wang!

I want to see his thoughts on Mother of Champions.

The new superman book is something that China would ban, considering how much it came off as anti Chinese government. Chinese culture is what Yang excels in, so maybe they made him for it.

I just want Immortal Man in Darkness to show up. He was my favourite

>Bat soup is a traditional chinese dish

I'm from Shanghai and it is a different place than many hubs around China, especially if you compare it to Beijing. It's much closer to Hong Kong in terms of western influence.

It kind of felt like it was Superman of China instead of Chinese Superman. Like they just added all these asian characters and none of them acted or spoke remotely like a Chinese person would. Maybe it's simply impossible to do it without writing in Chinese, I don't know, but if you were to state that this was Chinatown in some American state, no one would question it.

I enjoyed the first issue.Hes kinda like Chinese superboy.

>Thoughts on Chinese Superman?
Smaller and lighter, waaaaay cheaper to produce, but I'm concerned about build quality.

This. They talked like white people

I think it's because the writer is overseas Chinese user. I'm an ABC and I can't wrap my mind around the chinese mindset.

>Thoughts on 'thoughts on' threads?

Dr. Omen > Rois Rane

They aren't trying to force him in to the spotlight as a replacement for superman, he's just china's knockoff.

And every time it breaks you're better off just buying a new one, there ain't a mechanic this side of Shanghai that knows how to fix it.

He's not yet another teen genius or ethnic Mary Sue, and so far the book does a good job of setting up the world and characters.
Also he's not actually replacing Superman, and they sure as hell aren't trying to set him up as a superior alternative. Just like most Chinese knockoffs, aside from the branding, he's pretty much his own thing.

I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that the Great Ten will make an appearance

I love him even though he has shit taste in waifus

Life is good.

I liked it, I especially liked the meta thing with the JL knockoff chinese version, hope they do the rest of the guys and have them clash with The Great Ten

Story time?

Would it be wrong of me to compare it to Ms Marvel as being a well-written book about an ethnic kind-of legacy character that's written as an actual person?

literally every big 2 new release gets posted on Wednesday when it comes out, just go to the archive

Ms Marvel is just Blue Beetle 2.0 so I think it's fine

Not nearly as good as Mexican Superman.

Dc can do no wrong

It's early, but I'd rate him superdickery/10.

I'm stealing that'. He's a superwang.

Give me a full trade before I decide, but so far they're both looking pretty good.

They are laying the groundwork of setting and background characters rather than just a palette swap.

They also gave him a distinct personality, and character flaws rather than trying to make him a role model for someone like Bendis to break into tears over.

I would also agree. Feels like chinatown rather than actual china.

So far, I don't think it's quite the same. It's more Static, where being in America as a pakistanis is very important to Ms Marvel. But you're close.

Nothing can be as good as El Hombre de Super

>90s Superboy except Chinese
It's the reason I'm enjoying it so much.
Now if Conner can get some of that Rebirth action.

New Super-Man is cuter than him

>Black Superman
>Mexican Superman
>Chinese Superman
>Gay Superman
That's great and all but where's midget Superman?

Lex is manlet Superman

Which one is gay Superman?

Apollo

You at least got midget Iron Man.

I like him

>gets shut down
>"but, but you're my type "

He has the makings of a modern day 90s superboy

Superhombre is the best. Kinda wish they'd continue telling the story of that universe in comics now that the sequels have been put on indefinite hold

Apollo and normal Superman

>normal Superman
You mean normal superman inside Batman and Superman books.