Adam Driver lost 50 pounds for Silence

>Adam Driver lost 50 pounds for Silence
>Christian Bale lost 60 pounds for The Machinist, and then gained 109 pounds for Batman Begins
>Jonah Hill gained 40 pounds for War Dogs

Why don't you ever see female actors doing stuff like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

people.com/celebrity/carrie-fisher-how-she-lost-50-lbs-and-got-her-life-back/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Monster

they're female

Renee Zelwegger (or whatever the fuck) is the most famous example of all.

Because females are already fat.

ask a woman to lose weight and you are sexist/hitler/not a real man

Amy Schumer gained 40 lbs for her role as catwoman

She gained 20 pounds max and wore prosthetics. Wow, what a sacrifice.

Amy Schumer gained 200lbs

[...]

You guys seen what Josh Brolin looks like now?

Because you're a faggot

because half of why they cast women is their body types

that they maintain for all of their roles, it defines them as actors

melissa mccarthy is fat funny lady. amy poehler is average sized funny lady. gal gadot is a supermodel.

there is no situation where they need skinny melissa mccarthy, sexy amy poehler, or obese gal gadot. they would be worthless outside of their defined roles as performers

Because they know how to actually act

Because they aren't asked to and don't need to. The norm for men in movies is to be muscular, the norm for females is to be thin (all the time).
Gee that was fucking hard to figure out

Bryce dallas howard gained 35 lbs for that black mirror episode

Kirsten Dunst gained weight for Fargo

probably because they give all the good challenging roles to men ? or maybe because they already have all the type of bodies they want in the little group of approved females that get more than half of the good roles ? fuck off

>OP gained 200 pounds since posting on Sup Forums

Not all of them, just your mom.

Losing or gaining weight is literally the easiest thing to do in this life.

this is the real answer, and the same reason actresses age out more often and quickly than actors do. They aren't cast for talent, so why cast someone who doesn't fit their own archetype?

Women get scrutinized a lot harder for their looks a lot more than men do. Especially in that business. Their looks are their meal ticket. I wouldn't jeopardize my fucking livelihood so some aspie can give me a thumbs up.

>Why don't you see women gaining 30lb of lean muscle for roles?

Op you are dumb

Terminator 2

Because it hurts their marketability, unlike male actors. Testosterone is powerful shit and can ease these bodily transformations back to their normal states without much damage. Estrogen won't pretty you up nearly as well after you fuck with your body so much. Additionally, women don't want to see these transformations in other women, and while men claim there's a double standard, they also don't really want to see women ugly themselves up.

So basically because there's no real demand for it on either side besides men who are curious about the double standards.

>why aren't 120lb women losing same amount of weight as 200+lb men
hmmmm

she did it recently

kekd

>jonah hill gained weight for a movie

>for a movie

toppest keks

The only time i can ever think of a woman gaining weight/muscle for a role and did it very impressively enough to actually notice was Linda Hamilton in T2

Women gaining weight however don't count. Women can get fat easily and usually after that role is done they don't bother losing it.

>melissa mccarthy is fat funny lad

Geez, I never noticed the funny part.

Otherwise you are right, user.

Well Carrie Fisher lost 120 pounds for the new starshit movie
people.com/celebrity/carrie-fisher-how-she-lost-50-lbs-and-got-her-life-back/

and bitched and fucking whined about it on every talk show she could

"waaa waaa they made me lose weight so that when people saw leia on screen they weren't confused as to how jabba the hutt was back from the dead"

christ

i missed her when she was skinny fat

forgot pic

Angelina Jolie

Because they gain on the hips and lose on the tits. Repeat gaining and losing 5 times and you got yourself an ugly sacktitted shadow of her former self.
Its best to keep woman at the weight they are

This chick. She became fat for Black Mirror season 3 and she'll have to lose all that weight for Jurassic World's sequel.

Lol

>who cares about the quality of acting, if they lost lots of weight it means they are good!

I'm tired of this meme.

Shame she didn't have much of a career after T2.

this. And she did it perfectly for the character. She was fit, but all skinny and wirey looking, like some stray lone wolf paranoid crazy woman.

Good comedian, or just eye candy?

This. And when (if) the actress becomes more that just her body, it's already too late to gain/lose weight for a role - she becomes old.
Can we even remember any young actresses that can be actually admired for their actor talent and not for how they looked on screen?

Because there is only one ideal female body type, and having anything else would just make the movie about losing weight.

Meryl Streep? Granted, talent mattered back then [much more than now], but directors still could have picked much better looking actresses for her early romantic roles.

To my best knowledge, she was never considered eye-candy. Moreover, she never had that "pretty girl from the next door" vibe, not even in movies like The Deer Hunter.

>and got her life back