Ear Kino Edition

Last Time:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4YcY3uhivi0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Non-canon

Your mum's non-canon.

*non-canon kino

Apparently he thinks no one on Sup Forums could possibly believe in the concept of (anti-women) sexism.

>doctor who
>having a canon

Why can't the next companion be a young girl aged 9 - 12? I'd want to see it.

Put your trip back on, Immigrant. We know it's you.

It has one
The tv show and the adventures games

If The World Shapers is now canon, then Big Finish is too

you're some pedo freak ?

Ah, so he's a Sup Forums crossposter. Shame.

Fuck off back to your facebook groups

Yes

We had the two cunts in NiS and the dumb bitch in KtM. How about we don't go anywhere near that ever again.

Challenge for /who/

>2023
>60th Anniversary of Who
>BBC wants to make a special episode featuring all the Doctors.
>even the dead/old ones
>all pre-McGann Doctors are either dead or too old to revive the roles.
Who do you give the parts to?

Moffat just reaffirmed with this episode that it's all canon

Archive footage

>We had the two cunts in NiS and the dumb bitch in KtM.
Imagine thinking it's edgy to talk about children this way. I'm glad I'm an adult

All the BBC need to do is find a good actress who can pull off sexy

Clara is cute and perfect!!!

Only physically.

I agree

Why can't the next companion be literally anything other than a 20 something brit woman with a chirpy personality and a big heart that can stop the bad guys with love?
All of the recent primary companions have been virtually interchangeable, I'd take literally anything else at this point... a reforming crimminal, a man, another savage girl, some sort of robot. ANYTHING BUT ANOTHER GENERIC FEMALE COMPANION.

(reposting)
Agreed. 2 had the Ood two-parter which I loved. I think one of the best base-under-siege episodes in NuWho. I also liked Tooth and Claw and am amazed how the CGI still holds up.
Series 3 had so many, Gridlock, Human Nature two-parter, Blink, Utopia.
Series 4 was hit or miss for me, but I think Planet of the Ood, Unicorn and the Wasp, Library two-parter and Midnight were great. Especially Midnight, which I think is my favourite ever episode of NuWho. The rest of the series wasn't that great but it was saved by Donna who has a great companion and had great chemistry with 10. Also very refreshing to have a) an older woman playing the companion and b) the companion finally not having a crush on the Doctor. They were best mates going on adventures

2,3 and 4 were great series. I know a lot of people love Turn Left but I honestly don't like it that much. Maybe I should re-watch it. Again, it was a nice premise but I think it dragged on too long. The ending was good though, with Bad Wolf appearing everywhere in that China Town planet, really hyped you for the finale.

I want another Nardole. Someone with an intimate knowledge of the universe and the confidence to approach it without being a smug quip-dispenser like Clara, or a walking fetish like River Song.

>lesbian deus ex puddle

wew lad

all of the good things about this show are always spoiled by bullshit

the writers write themselves into a corner and then kablammo space magic

My dream team would be something like we had in S10. Youngish female companion and an alien. I'd like a cute Asian girl and a human-like alien, basically another Nardole character but perhaps less comic relief.

>they actually went for a Trump joke
wew
I will not miss Moffat
And I actually preferred Moffat to RTD

I'm still fucking reeling from this. Moffat may do a lot of shit, but deep down, he's /ourguy/.

Chibnall said the BBC wants him to be "bold" and to "take risks". So naturally the next Doctor will be a quirky somewhat-handsome 30-something and the companion will be an attractive young woman from modern-day Britain.

i have just realised that the trend of calling people "sweetie" (i.e. "umm no sweetie trump lost") probably started with whofags copying river song

how did i not realise this before

If there's one reason I'm glad to see Moffat going, it's so that we can have an actual set up to problems again.

Missy in the vault was just beyond a fucking stupid plot device. It begins with Missy surrounded by Daleks on Skaro coming up with a cunning plan except...it doesn't. No, that plot line is dropped. Moffat gave himself a hook to keep Missy around and couldn't even be bothered to use it. Instead we get:
>Missy is captured by a bunch of literally who's. Like, actual literally who's. They don't get a name, they don't get a planet. They don't get an introduction and they don't get a conclusion. They're just a bunch of executioners who have Missy somehow and want to execute her for some reason.
Moffat lives in a weird world where the sentence is somehow more interesting than the crime. Rather than give us a story with Missy wreaking havoc, getting defeated and then having to actually face the consequences, we just get teleported right into the end of a story where Missy is here for some reason and here are The Cult of the Plot Device who exist because Moffat needed them to for a scene.
But obviously it all existed for the sake of the plot twist. The plot twist that Missy was in the vault. Missy, the character who didn't need an introduction and who nobody had any reason to presume was anywhere else. Talk about a fucking anti-climax. There could have been anything behind that door and all that potential was just tossed away.

>deus ex
It's not a deus ex machina if it's something explicitly set up earlier in the story which can be predicted to happen from previously given information.

So will Christmas be called "The Doctor Rises" or what?
>in b4 baneposting

WHO READY FOR THE GREATEST MULTI DOC EPISODE

>It begins with Missy surrounded by Daleks on Skaro coming up with a cunning plan except...it doesn't. No, that plot line is dropped. Moffat gave himself a hook to keep Missy around and couldn't even be bothered to use it
You misunderstood that moment completely, possibly due to autism. We were never going to find out Missy's 'clever idea', the joke is that she could scheme her way even out of a room full of Daleks and would obviously be alive and well for the next adventure. It was not a plotline or a clue to something.

>They're just a bunch of executioners who have Missy somehow and want to execute her for some reason.
The Master is one of the most vicious and prolific criminals in the universe.

The thing with the 'cunning plan' on Skaro was a joke about how in the Classic series the Master would be put in seemingly impossible situations then show up perfectly fine a few episodes later.

>the joke is that she could scheme
It's not a funny joke. It's bad writing. It's like saying Batman saying "I'm batman" to explain how he escaped a nuclear explosion.

This is the same writer who wrote the line "How do I have a cup of tea? I'm the Doctor, just accept it." when he suddenly had a coffee in Dav's chair

which isnt what happened at all lol

I loved when Missy was beating the piss out of the Doctor with her umbrella. I think Steven Moffat's penis probably loved that bit too.

>yfw the current Doctor meeting 1st Doctor was the story Moffat initially wanted to do for the 50th, he's getting to do it now instead
>which means he's probably been thinking of ideas for this for 4 years

Actually while discussing series 2, 3 and 4 I just realised there were a lot of great episodes in there. But from S5 onward, it was really hit or miss. S5 is lauded, but only The Eleventh Hour and the finale were great. Vincent and the Doctor was good as well. The rest, mediocre.
S6 was all over the place, with the mid-series gap and the River reveal which made it all feel like a cheesy EastEnders storyline.
S7 was so forgettable.

It's weird how I love Matt Smith as the Doctor, but all in all he had the least amount of great episodes in my opinion. And most of us agree that Capaldi's run was ruined by bad scripts and that he was wasted on the show.

I'm really up for change at the moment. Bring it on Chibnall.

I'd go as far as to say if you didn't foresee Heather coming back as a way of freeing Bill from the Cybersuit, you might be an idiot.

>S5 is lauded, but only The Eleventh Hour and the finale were great. Vincent and the Doctor was good as well. The rest, mediocre.
Wrong with a cup of kill yourself.

Is there a source on the first point?

>is the future all girl?
>we can only hope
Jesus

Adventure in Time and Space is a top notch movie and I've been waiting for Bradley to reprise the role ever since. Didn't think I would actually see it happen though.

DWM

>mfw Moffat is teasing a female Doctor so hard because he knows the next Doctor is male so all the tumblr fans will hate Chibnall before he's even started

How can Gatiss write something that good which celebrates the shows legacy yet has never written a memorable episode for the show.

The final moffucking

Because Gatiss does character drama better than science fiction.

>all pre-McGann Doctors are either dead or too old to revive the roles.
WHAT THE FUCK

What's with normies/boardies saying they stopped watching when Tennant left? Or is it some b8 meme to get people riled up? because it works

Season 5 had Angel two parter which was really good as well. As far as quality goes it didn't have any miss episode. A couple of average ones, but nothing bad.

S1-2-3-4 had all terrible cringe-worthy episodes. S6 was regarded fine until the second part. In fact the only episode that made people actually upset was the finale and Hitler.

S7 was forgettable indeed, yet it gave us the eventual 50th anniversary, which was great.

8th was a wasted year, Clara was terrible. Missy was great but overall arch still sucked.

9th seriesis probably the best received series of NuWho both by whoever's left watching and the critics. Except for Sleep No More, all episodes were at good to great and one legendary.

Sad really. Feel like he'd write Classic Who like a boss. The modern series has quotas to fill, a season to flow through.
But a nice 4 part detective who-dun-it style episode in the vein of classic, I feel like Mark could do it justice.

Why hasn't he written a BF yet?

Sean Pertwee as the Third Doctor when?

The Crimson Horror is still quite good

Well, I know I sound like a bit of a hypocrite but I can accept that for the sake of the fact that it was a blatant joke. The Doctor drank a cup of tea and nothing happened. It's not a crucial plot detail for a character that affects the overarching story.

He has

If the audios are non-canon then by referencing them on screen makes them canon? Like they did with some of McGann's companions in Night of the Doctor?

Oh god the episode was so bad yesterday, it almost gave me cancer.

>almost
Shame

Why do Sean and David refuse to play their fathers? They could even get Troughton's actor grandson to play him but he looks nothing like him because female genes are stronger.

>tfw this is the story I thought would have redeemed Hell Bent
>If the Doctor had travelled to the end of the universe to hide Clara from the Time Lords and then he hears knocking on the door and it isn't that shitty character Ashildr
>It's the original Doctor who knew that at some point he would become so afraid that he would run away to the end of the universe, and was sure to wait to console them for whatever they were afraid of
>Sits Capaldi down and they have a slow, melancholic conversation about moving on and letting things go
>Capaldi leaves, ready to let Clara die
>At some point the first Doctor makes a joke about having had to already speak to another version of himself that was preparing to fight in something called "The Time War".

I guess I'm okay with it being handled this way, but in my opinion it would have been more resonant if it wasn't the focus of an episode more than it was a brief element of one.

Which one; Harry Potter's cousin or the guy from the BBC Robin Hood?

true

>Except for Sleep No More, all episodes were at good to great and one legendary.
You forgot Hell Bent which was the Who equivalent of a steaming dog turd. It's the embodiment of literally every single one of Moffat's abysmal writing tropes. It's a huge mess of wasted potential and jaw-droppingly bad ideas.

God did not bless her, unless you have a bottle of syrup handy.

lol why do you hate her tits so much?

Shit, sorry. I forgot about the Weeping Angels two-parter which was very, very good. I also forgot about The Beast Below, which I personally like but I think most people didn't. They underused those creepy booth monsters though. Great design, but they didn't do anything. The Lodger was nice comic relief, enjoyed that as well.

But the Silurian two-parter was terrible. Victory of the Daleks is an episode I would love to rip from my memory (and evidently, so does the DW team). Vampire episode was bad. Amy's Choice was bad, only saved by the magnificent Toby Jones as the Dream Lord. Have I missed anything?

But I think we can all agree S6 was badly done. I personally liked the mystery of how the Doctor would survive being killed by the astronaut and I even liked the resolution. It's just that all the episodes in between felt like filler to pad out the series until we got to the conclusion of the arc. And it wasn't even good filler.

S7 was also badly done, again damaged by the mid-series split. The first half was alright, with Amy and Rory and based Rory's dad, but it also had that terrible Western episode and The Power of Three. The second half was very forgettable, with only Cold War and Hide sticking out, but they weren't even that good.

I loved the 50th though, that was really well done.

All in all Smith's run was a bit all over the place in my opinion. Strong starting season with a few wobbles, then S6 and S7 just being mediocre. And although DW episodes are always a bit hit or miss, I think Tennant's time on the show had the most consistent supply of good, enjoyable episodes and storylines.
Yet even after all this, Smith is my favourite NuWho Doctor.

Heard Sean was down for it, just wanted to do it right

No not really. The only bad thing about Hell Bent was Clara remaining alive with Me at the end. Rassilon-Doctor confrontation, Cafeteria framing device with Clara and the Doctor, Doctor forgetting her in a dare were all great parts. Overall it wasn't that good but it certainly wasn't terrible.

Because he'll never have them

As cool as Sean playing 3 would be, I think he'd be better as a new incarnation.

I don't remember Cold War and Hide at all

6th season had The Doctor's Wife, The Girl Who Waited and The God Complex in between. The first one being one of the highlights of Matt's Doctor while the other two were also remaining on the good side.

Would he do the lisp?
It's actually harder to say th than s.

>S6 was regarded fine until the second part. In fact the only episode that made people actually upset was the finale and Hitler.
First half had Curse of the Black Spot, but I agree, the rest of the first half was pretty decent. The second part just wasn't that good. You mentioned Hitler and the finale, but don't forget Night Terrors, The God Complex (which everyone somehow really liked, but I never did) and Closing Time. There's six episodes in the second half of S6 and the only good one was The Girl Who Waited, but granted, that was a really good one.

As for The God Complex, a great example of an original, fascinating premise executed poorly. The idea of an endless hotel with a room for everyone, and it that room lies their biggest fear or phobia, I loved that! But then they thew in a Minotaur for absolutely no reason. And then the conclusion is that the Minotaur was guarding the creepy endless phobia hotel which was actually a spaceship because oh yeah this is a science fiction show.

>guarding
The Minotaur was a prisoner.

I thought The God Complex was overrated too when I have first seen it but years down the line it remained one of the episodes I just happened to not forget, so surely I would at least call it memorable. I wouldn't mind watching it again now.

Why didn't they show the Tomb of the Cybermen Cybermen? Their voices were the best by far.

YOU WILL BEEEA LIYAK UZZZZ

He redeemed himself as a writer to me with Adventure in Time and Space, but as others have mentioned, Gatiss's writing is better used for drama. He wrote some decent Sherlock episodes. He just can't do science fiction properly. He's also a massive fan of gothic horror which might not be appropriate for DW (but if this Dracula series he's writing with Moffat is true, I think he'll do excellently at that).

Also, The Unquiet Dead was a great episode. I have to hand him that. His other DW contributions...not so much.

Budget

Because they look more like pecs. Pretty face, pretty legs, pretty waist, but it's a damn shame about the native African tier tits.

>174 days until christmas special
>350 days until series 11
kill me

I'm that user and I only barely remember them myself because Cold War had the return of the Ice Warriors on NuWho and I remember being hyped as fuck for Hide, only to be disappointed.

youtube.com/watch?v=4YcY3uhivi0
Would he make a great Doctor, guys? Watch this and answer me.

As far as we know, series 11 may not air until Fall 2018.

This! No more boring young adventurous young women that are brave and even crack jokes when they should be scared. I want companions like Rory's dad och Rose mom- Normal people with some personality.

Would make an okay doctor but they should be bolder with their decision. Pretty bland choice imo.

God Complex was definitely overrated. I agree that the premise was good, I like it when shows deal with phobias. But I agree that the Minotaur was out of place and the ending was really weird. Not a great episode personally, but I remember people loving it back when it aired, maybe because all the other episodes in that run were shit except for TGWW

so basicaly you want Nardole.

That was the golden age of nuwho.

God Complex reminded me of the RTD days when the side-characters had actual arcs and were interesting instead of just being shmucks thrown into the meat grinder.