Is there any word on if a Warhammer movie is on the horizon?

Is there any word on if a Warhammer movie is on the horizon?
> mfw fascist theme deters studios from making this epic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LuKzt7p-MnM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why does this keep getting memed from Sup Forums?

It's not /tg/, it's Sup Forums

We need to wait at least more 20 years to good enough CGI for this movie.

>It's not /tg/, it's Sup Forums

it's both

I can see it happening when top tier CGI is more widespread but right now the major studios are too busy with safe capeshit money to take a gamble on 40k. I think that, with Hollywood trying to use every recognisable IP they can find, someone will eventually turn to it. But GW are so protective of their work that they might not allow it.

No, because Warhammer is not palatable to the masses.

Point out one modern science fiction film that portrays fascism or xenophobia in a positive light?

Trump would be better represented as a Patriarch from the Gene Stealer cults. A political puppet whose entire purpose is to fuck things enough up until the hive fleet arrives and consumes everything.

Restrepo

given his power to corrupt and infiltrate society, and his role as a mouthpiece, i'd say he's more like a genestealer magus

>Xenophobia
>mfw my own son is now fraternising with knife eared aliens

youtube.com/watch?v=LuKzt7p-MnM
>>>/reddit/

Too competent. Trump is one of those spineless planetary governors who becomes a puppet of Chaos or xeno scum.

>xeno scum
You mean like Mexicans?Muslims?Blacks?

Starship Troopers

Why is that even necessary? I mean once the Hive Fleet arrives nothing can stop it anyway

Too true.

FUCK RUSSIA

>arabs = Orks
>Nippons = Necrons
>Tau = Indians

I don't think you understood the movie, user.

What about blacks?

AND HOMOPHOBIA

It's not presented positively in 40k either.

I think the only way to really pull off a 40k movie is to have it take place around the Age of Strife after the Dark age of Technology. I think around this period everything is familiar enough to the average viewer that they wouldn't be too alienated had you just jumped right in. It would be part Mad Max, part sci-fi. Normies would love it.

Tone down the grimdark a tad and some of the imagery so it can be sold to the public (people unfamiliar with the source material) easier. The main focus won't be on Xenos since much of the aliens in the 40k universe would be kinda a hard sell to regular folks. The only real "outlandish" thing that may need to be CGI would probably be the Thunder Warriors but honestly I think they would be able to take some artistic liberties and not use CGI on these guys. Tell the story about the Emperor deciding that it's his time to act, flashbacks throughout human history including the Dark age of Technology and shit showing him using his powers in small ways.

After that movie if done right I think could open the doors for a fully fledged 40k movie. Everyone has enough backstory to follow whats going on, the previous movie could slowly introduce the viewer to more hardcore grimdark, tease them a little to want to see some truly epic and gory space battles.

>Great Imerium of Man
>something to do with fascist theme
Go to your local Adeptus Arbites and ask them to turn you into servitor, you fucking heretic.

Tyranids:
>"There is a cancer eating at the Imperium. With each decade it advances deeper, leaving drained, dead worlds in its wake. This horror, this abomination, has thought and purpose which functions on an unimaginable, galactic scale and all we can do is try to stop the swarms of bio-engineered monsters it unleashes upon us by instinct. We have given the horror a name to salve our fears; we call it the Tyranid race, but if it is aware of us at all it must know us only as Prey."

people like the anti hero stance