Give me good horrorkino, Sup Forums. preferably from the last ten years

Give me good horrorkino, Sup Forums. preferably from the last ten years.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lBWRHD_i6nE
bloody-disgusting.com/news/3424734/5-things-wouldve-seen-new-friday-13th-reboot/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't Breathe
Evil Dead

meh, seen em

You didn't specify that. You just asked for a list.

Midnight Meat Train
Trollhunter
The Wailing
Maniac
A Cure For Wellness

ye you dont know what ive seen. its ok lel. gib more

Green room

how the fuck is that a horror?

is A Cure for Welness that good? doesnt have too high an imdb score..

Witching and Bitching

Horror/thriller, idk i dont watch horror films

Hehe lel.
You dickhead. Fuck you and your shit thread.

>trusting imdb

Its not the best film but it does look great

imdb is generally fine if you want a rough estimate of how good a movie is.

>Seen every film posted so far
How did I fall so far?

Looks insane. Think i might be able to get past the Spanish. Thanks user

Lol no.
>imdb is generally fine if you want a rough estimate of what normal people like.

Maniac

The Invitation

Aight imma watch maniac. thanks goys

the final girls was a good horror/comedy that is a bit lesser known

it's fun for the last hour but drags until then

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

It's rare in movies today in that it's a mid-high budget thriller/horror with really good visuals.

Alien Tornado. Just watch Alien Tornado.

Wong

Brainless boring as fuck flick

SOMA :^)

the vvitch
the eyes of my mother
get out

Stir of Echoes

Recently saw The Void and it was better horror than it was a movie if ya catch my drift but I really liked it.

Trick 'r Treat

I liked The Void. It isn't a TECHNICAL PERFECTION with muh great cinematography like a lot of modern horror movies are nowdays. It's more like a bunch of guys with interesting idea but not that much budget behind it.
It had some great setpieces, good creature effects and generally felt more geniue than something like It Follows or Get Out.

> Frozen (2010)
Not really a horror, more of a thriller but one of my all time favorites

The Ruins (2008)
Again, not a horror in the classical sense but I also really loved this one. It's something slightly else

> The Town that Dreaded Sundown (2014)
A remake but this is the generic-yet-awesome slasher you're looking for

> Starry Eyes (2014)
A good twist or two, some sweet supernatural stuff and it's super disgusting. Loved it.

This is a joke, right?

pic related is creepy as fuck
>that ending

This was better than I originally thought. Felt betrayed by the ending but it was still awesome.

got a problem, faggot?

Its a terrible list

It was by no means a classic but a somewhat decent horror flick in a market that's flooded by mediocre and shitty films.

Kinda enjoy this list. Frozen was pretty good. The rest were OK. Not uber great but they're all pretty good in their own right. Specially when you consider all the shit in the market.

Can you please give a better list? And please don't regurgitate the same movies that get thrown around all the time.

yeah? well you're a nigger
all I've seen in this thread so far was stuff that was already hyped as fuck the time it came out (or actual meme shit like don't breathe or get out) so I wanted to suggest something that's you don't see mentioned here every single time somebody asks for horror flicks

Baskin
The Void
Babadook
It Follows
Sinister
Friday the 13th remake
The Loved Ones
The Wailing
Wonder Woman

I loved it but its very slow, i watched it on a relaxing sunny day so may have enjoyed it more due to that. its very pretty and has a cool sanitarium

Vvitch
, It follows,
Babadook (autists like to shit on babadook, apparently it's too obvious or some shit but imo they just see too much of themselves in the kid),
The Canal
We are still here
Mungo Lake
House on Pine Street

Welcome to the board, r/movies subscribers! Are you going to tell us about the underrated gem, Moon?

This was good.

4.5 out of 5 kino

This was good.

Lmao fucking tard

Moon was ok. Considering the budget and that it pretty much had only one actor and pretty much only one set really does set it apart. It is somewhat underrated. Kinda reminds me of that movie about a guy alone in a jail with a computer.

On a side note you forgot to tip your fedora.

i also thought it was good

That was good

This started out great and promptly went full retard. Pretty ballsy creative choices throughout though.

I enjoyed The Void. It does actually have some pretty fucking great visuals, don't want to spoil anything but the morgue scene looked amazing to me.

>Eden Lake
>Conjuring 1 and 2, surprised these haven't been mentioned
>Grave
>The Woman in Black
>Hush
>Spring (not really horror but great nonetheless)
>You're Next
>Mama
>1408
and a bunch of other movies already mentioned

Ouija 2
A Dark Song

Exte - Hair Extensions
The Autopsy of Jane Doe
Inside
Kairo
Ravenous

katrina was born to play in horror films

>The Autopsy of Jane Doe
Yes, I was surprised how much I loved that but know it is a slow burner

I think it was better than The Witch and Raw which people raved about

oh hey she's the chick from tucker and dale, nice.

I liked Starry Eyes

A Dark Song was good. Even if the end was a bit lackluster, it's an interesting thing to watch.

STICC

I get what you mean by lacklustre but it was a satisfying end

Tucker and Dale vs Evil

Raw was retarded but in a boring way, I am pretty sure Americans only praise it because it's foreign language and thus cool even though it was student-film level dull and awkward.

I love this movie and I honestly believe anyone who doesn't like it is genuinely unintelligent

Rosemary's Baby is great
Also I was very surprised by Halloween, great flick

Not OP. Seen those first 2 and they're good. Will look out for the others.

I'm French and I can attest Raw was retarded and its actors couldn't play to save their lives

The posts were cringey. The movies not so much. The problem with horror is that there are so many shit films being produced that it's hard to separate the few good ones from that sea of crap. That's partly why the same films keep being mentioned over and over.

Why did they cancel this movie? Sounded like it had some real potential...

OP here. So i just watched the Void. Awesome practical effects. Havent seen that in a long time.

> Frozen (2010)
how can someone be this pleb?

comedy horror doesn't count as horror

Me as well.

You shut your whore mouth. That movie was great.

They Look Like People is fantastic pleb filter

yeah those guys are fags but you're seriously gonna talk shit about the thing? shit's rad.

Regular situation turned into a terrifying one. Movie was ok. Although I must say the whole leave the phones in the locker because "muh interacting with each other" just seemed too damm convenient.

I'm not sure if you mean it's great ironically because of how bad it is. But unironically it's quite bad. I honestly don't see how this is debatable.
Terrible acting. Terrible cinematography. Terrible premise. Terrible characters.
Seriously don't know how anyone could think otherwise.

11 years but fuck you, Watch it.

I dunno man, seemed better than most movies that came out at the time. I'll give you that the ending was weak and the situation itself depended too many coincidences. The characters were flawed but the movie itself didn't hinge on their development. The fact they used real wolves , filmed on that damm seat on the cold and the fact that they really couldn't easily get out of the situation just gave it a hint of realism.

There are no good horror movies made in the last 20 years.

pontypool

Strongly seconded, also see the 1st sequel it's just as good.
The 3rd is a prequel and is just Ok.
youtube.com/watch?v=lBWRHD_i6nE

Probably the best modern Slasher series.
Hatchet is more gory and perhaps fun, but this has gorgeous locations, all around good actors, a consistently great final girl for the 1st 2 films, solid suspense & a haunting phantom-ish killer that fits perfectly with his environment.

they could have shaved an hour off of that movie to make it better because you could predict the ending in the first 20 minutes, but the film is great

It's basically Shutter Island 2.

>Jacob's Ladder

This is bait, don't take it.

Here's a script breakdown if anyone cares

bloody-disgusting.com/news/3424734/5-things-wouldve-seen-new-friday-13th-reboot/

I don't consider Troll Hunter a horror. It was a damn fine movie, but not necessarily horror.

>Trollhunter

This was a mockumentary, not a horror.

>imdb

People actually still use imdb?

Should I watch this?

Watched The Borderlands recently. Really good, though not especially scary until the last act, manages to create a solid atmosphere through the film though with creepy happenings and setting (rustic england). Film is made a much better watch by the writing and interactions of the main characters who are actually enjoyable to watch.

Holy fuck so many trash suggestions in this thread.

Giv me suggestinz